Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Swedish Admission Hanging, Anybody Experienced This Before: - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Swedish Admission Hanging, Anybody Experienced This Before: (1379 Views)

Swedish Tourist Visa / Swedish Visa / Bank Account Statement For Swedish Student Residence Permit! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swedish Admission Hanging, Anybody Experienced This Before: by yomickey(m): 3:46pm On Aug 07, 2008
@ all,

I applied for my Master's degree at Blekinge Institute of Technology starting next year but what I have on my application status page is "Processing, Contacting University".

My problem is that it was this same message that I got last year with nothing coming out of it in the long run, I was not admitted.

I dont know if the contacting university got to my school here (Lagos State University) or not.

Anybody has any idea what I can do so I dont get a repeat of last year's disappointment.

Thanks all.
Re: Swedish Admission Hanging, Anybody Experienced This Before: by ubamu2029: 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2008
Yes, most universities in Sweden verify transcripts. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to do so in nigeria considering that fax machines are not common in nigerian universities. Most times when these Swedish universities write to Schools in nigeria, they hardly ever get a feedback because in nigeria, it is no ones business to respond to some foreign Universities that won't pay any bribe.
Re: Swedish Admission Hanging, Anybody Experienced This Before: by promise2(f): 5:38pm On Aug 11, 2008
what programme do you applied for? Mba Business Administration?

To Fasten the confirmation of your Transcript why dont you go to your school and ask them to help you write letter to Blekinge Institute of Technology to confirm your transcript. So that you wont loss the admission.
Re: Swedish Admission Hanging, Anybody Experienced This Before: by yomickey(m): 7:35am On Aug 12, 2008
I applied for MSc in Electrical Engineering.
I have gone to my school and they claim they havent received anything yet but I don't trust them as the letter would have been sent like 3 weeks ago from Sweden.
Well I am trying to get some admin people in my school to help out, hopefully all will be sorted out positively by God's grace.

I imploy Nairalanders in similar situation to let us all share our experience here,

All the best.
Re: Swedish Admission Hanging, Anybody Experienced This Before: by promise2(f): 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2008
ok that is alright, I also appliesdto the same school for MSC Computer science and i made a copy of my tracscript and send to them and the told me that my application failed because they needed the transcript to be forwarded by my school.
I just tried them because my dream course is Mba Business Administration, which will start December 1. i plan applying by December again.

I got to know about the school from here too, one of the guy here is in Sweden now to study in the same school.

So try your best to insist on the people in your school to write to the school in Sweden whether the get the letter or not because you dont have time, just pally them.

Good luck
Pls let's have you feed back.
Re: Swedish Admission Hanging, Anybody Experienced This Before: by promise2(f): 1:03pm On Aug 12, 2008
ok that is alright, I also appliesdto the same school for MSC Computer science and i made a copy of my tracscript and send to them and the told me that my application failed because they needed the transcript to be forwarded by my school.
I just tried them because my dream course is Mba Business Administration, which will start December 1. i plan applying by December again.

I got to know about the school from here too, one of the guy here is in Sweden now to study in the  same school.

So try your best to insist on the people in your school to write to the school in Sweden whether the get the letter or not because you dont have time, just pally them.

Good luck
Pls let's have you feed back.
Re: Swedish Admission Hanging, Anybody Experienced This Before: by christy3: 1:12pm On Aug 12, 2008
hello yomickey,this is christy3.would you kindly send me the address of this school in sweden?am interested.thanks a million.
Re: Swedish Admission Hanging, Anybody Experienced This Before: by oluwawunmi(f): 1:38pm On Aug 12, 2008
i also apply and my addmission letter as being sent to me throug mail yesterday BTH
Re: Swedish Admission Hanging, Anybody Experienced This Before: by yomickey(m): 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2008
@promise2
Thanks so much for your reply, i will get to work on the people in my school to see what can be done about it.

@christy3
The school is Blekinge Institute of Technology (www.bth.se).

@olawunmi
What course did you apply for and when is it supposed to start, have you accepted the offer and what do u plan to do next?
Also what are the documents you sent and please do give me the full details of what you did.
I am online currently so we can keep sending info.

@others
Your contributions are also welcome, we will all get there.
Re: Swedish Admission Hanging, Anybody Experienced This Before: by zelaws: 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2008
for more info on study in sweden www.sweden.se
Re: Swedish Admission Hanging, Anybody Experienced This Before: by ilekky(m): 2:44am On Aug 13, 2008
The best way to make this faster is for you to send a number of mails to your advisor and they will tell you what you are suppossed to do and again if you had sent your transcript to them,make sure you contact your department to ensure that your transcript has been sent,otherwise you will not hear anything from them.for more info,call 08028359239.
Re: Swedish Admission Hanging, Anybody Experienced This Before: by yomickey(m): 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2008
ilekky:

The best way to make this faster is for you to send a number of mails to your advisor and they will tell you what you are suppossed to do and again if you had sent your transcript to them,make sure you contact your department to ensure that your transcript has been sent,otherwise you will not hear anything from them.for more info,call 08028359239.

Thanks for your reply.
I have gone to my school and I was told that they will be required to send verification for the transcript sent.
I am working hard so that the school can send the verification as soon as possible.

Best of luck to myself and others in my shoes.

(1) (Reply)

Help / Nigeria Travel Warning / Is This How The Hausas Really Behave Inside Planes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.