Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,102 members, 7,852,737 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:39 AM

The Mentality Of Limited Blessings In Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mentality Of Limited Blessings In Church. (427 Views)

The Mentality Of Muslim Girls About Marrying A Christian Guy Is Annoying / Blessings In Disguise / Blessings In Our Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Mentality Of Limited Blessings In Church. by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 05, 2014
Why is there the mentality of limited grace nd blesssing in christianity. When you are in church and the pastor prays and says, "the 1st person to say amen shall get the biggest blessing" in a congregation of hundreds/thousands of persons, does it mean everyone cannot say amen as he spirit leads and still be blessed.
In church, the pastor prophesys saying "you will hear good news before the end of thiss week; the person with the loudest amen, receive it!!" And you shout amen just so that your neigbours amen doees not overwhelm yours, how does it feel? Sometimes the pastor says let your amen be louder than your neigbours own when I am my neigbours neigbour and we are all in d same church, then we all begin to shout our lungs out @ d pastors sound of "in Jesus name"
Another funny thing is the song of praise and worship. There is this yoruba song that say "emi ni number one, iwo ni number 2" meaning "I will be number 1 and you will be number 2 to testify to the goodness of God". I find it difficult to join in singing that song where you have hundreds of persons all singing "I will be number one and you will be number two.." And sometimes pointing fingers @ one another while basking in the razzmatazz priase/worship euphoria.
My question is, are there not always enough blessings to go round everybody in the church? Why not pray or sing that the blessings go round everybody? Is the level of your blessing in church dependent on the loudness of your shout of amen or halleluyah?
I am a christian, a liberal one though.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Warfare I / The People In Your Life / The Word Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.