Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland (15789 Views)

How Are These Funny Statistics Derived? / A New Year Is Just A Scientifically Derived Date. / Describe D Comfort U Derived Travelling Interstate With A Transport Coy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by timi0103(m): 12:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
First and foremost, I welcome you all to the new year and I pray the year brings good tidings to us all.

Consequently, I seek your indulgence if this post is in the wrong segment of Nairaland. I intend for millions to benefit from this post as there is more traffic in this section. *duffs hat* .

Without much ado, I have been a nairalander for over half a decade and I've benefitted frm this platform tremendously. Nairaland to me is like a treasure chest of all social networks and blogs from all across the globe. It has even kept me abreast of so many useful info ranging from news, sport, entertainment, poltics just to name a few. Below is a summary of 10 ways I've benefitted from this platform:

1. UP-TO-DATE NEWS
Gone a the days when I need to surf different blogs and news websites for authentic and breaking news. I used to subscribe to several RSS feeds just to stay informed. NL has saved me the stress.

2. JOB ALERT
I have proofs about thousands who have secured jobs and job opportunites through numerous job posts cutting across different fields of human endeavors. It is pertinent to note; for those who haven't secured a job yet, they get time and useful tips on how to secure their desired jobs.

3. SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT
Several local and foreign sport news are posted for sport loving fans most especially football lovers (I rep #TeamArsenal). Tennis, golf, formula-1 and a host of other sport are being updated and reported for your soothing pleasure.

4. POLITICS:
So many factual and current political update around the globe. From America to Asia to Middle East and down to our Mother Africa and her son Nigeria where (open letters) is the other of the day. No newspaper keeps me abreast like my dear NL. I love the frontpage politics. *expect my own open letter to Seun soon loool*

5. RELATIONSHIP TIPS
Useful and lifechanging relationship tips are being posted on a daily and weekly basis. These tips have helped my rltnshp and has made me a better guy. Ranging from how to confirm if she truly loves me to other intricate matters in our rltnshp. Big tnx to the moderators in the Romance section.

6. STAYING HAPPY
Whenever I'm having a tedious, difficult or blue day, all I just have to do is open NL which has been bookmarked on my fone. Your hilarious comments to serious and sensitive issue is always a booster for my day
7. A STRONG SENSE OF HUMOR
NL has built my Sense of humor which I've learnt fron hilarious comments such as: end time things, hw does ds affect d price of Garri? Various hilarious and rib cracking pix. Some of which, I've learnt una slangs and use them on twitter, chat with friends and even babes with strong sense of humor de trip for me like kilode hehehehe

8. ENTREPRENEURAL SKILLS & DEV
Little to say of the Technology Market where users are able to transact credible businesses online. Also diff posts about biz dev, personal dev are usually updated on NL. All these have made me highly relevant and responsible in the society.

9. STAYING CONNECTED
NL affords us all of staying connected and united. Occassionalluy we do have varying scopes about issues....But we're one happy united family. I see peeps writing posts from different parts of the world. The other day; people connected by dropping their twitter handles, BBM pins and even whatsapp? How else cud one stay connected and build true lasting friendships other than NL. *thumbs up*

10. LESSONS LEARNT
I personally learn one lesson or another from every post I see on NL. Be it Biz, Health, Joke, Politics......just name it.
NL is the Social network every Africa MUST sign up on. Tnx
TIMMY OKE Mbbs
Ff me on twitter: @timi0301
FB: Prince Timilehin

69 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by 24in7: 12:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
i dey come
Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by STENON(f): 1:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
Nairaland is a forum wia evn if u dnt feel lyk smillin on dt day...Jst log into Nairaland n den U'l b force to smile,laff, n u'l b excited truout d day.......Althou it wz very late b4 i joined...bt I'm alwz api cos av gained alot frm it....Be it academics,Politics,Worldwide news,relationship,health,my personal Life...Thumbs up for Master Oluwaseun.....

6 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by harlos: 1:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
One way or the other, this site is a blessing for its members.

I didn't knw Nigeria were to play an International friendly yesterday which they won....thanks to NL. grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by udohjaphet: 1:39pm On Jan 05, 2014
good site kudos
Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by fflamingo(m): 1:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by Lawconfessor(f): 2:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
STENON: Nairaland is a community forum wia evn if u dnt feel lyk laughing smillin on dt day...Jst login to Nairaland n den U'l b force to rotfl smile,laff, n u'l b excited truout d day...... Althou it wz very late b4 i joined ...bt I'm alwz api cos av gained alot frm it....Be it academics,Politics,Worldwide news,relationship,health,my personal Life. Dalu oga Seun
Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by pendusky(m): 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2014
GOOD TO KNW U LEARN SOME LESSONS HERE, ME AM MAKING MONEY HERE! DONT ASK ME HOW... LOL

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by nekaa(f): 9:03pm On Jan 05, 2014
I sha know I gain stuff from bin a nairalander buh mentioning them na em be the wahala.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by Fynestboi: 9:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
@op your post is not complete what about ADMISSION...

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by checkdate(m): 9:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
AT LEAST I NOW KNOW OF A BLOGGER CALLED OGA OLUWASEUN OSEWA
Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
I have learned that tribalism is real and some people are filled with hatred.

This has helped me avoid the snakes in the grass.

15 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by nemesiss: 9:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
information somersault
Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by Dhurmynick(m): 9:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
We don hear.. Ah.

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by dedons: 9:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
I'v been asking this same question for the past 5years...

it's either I get an answer now or I lose my temper...

Hw much does one pay for his/her topic to make frontpage

3 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by Adatob(m): 9:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
Nairaland the best #NoDoubt,4 d 1st time in new year,i made front page
Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
Get banned and molested by Mods....Especially the business section MOD.
Almost every post there is considered to be a spam. Most information on Nairaland are now getting stale because the MOD's and Spambot has successfully discouraged people from creating threads in most section.
For now...I'm not gaining anything if i can't network with other Nairalanders....

Some people post genuine information here but the overzealous MOD's and overprotective Seun disqualifies all and every poster on SPAM suspicion.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
What about false stories and rumours
Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by checkdate(m): 9:10pm On Jan 05, 2014
pendusky: GOOD TO KNW U LEARN SOME LESSONS HERE, ME AM MAKING MONEY HERE! DONT ASK ME HOW... LOL

Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by Ezedon(m): 9:10pm On Jan 05, 2014
this site interest me most it is the only site i visit many times everyday
Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by ludot(m): 9:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
NairaLand is a great place to share and learn. Just like How To Setup an Online Business in 2014 at https://www.nairaland.com/1581802/how-setup-online-business-2014
Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by samnificent(m): 9:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
yea yea
Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by ifyalways(f): 9:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
NLD is mostly a playground for me. I hardly take anyone or thing serious.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by dahmie2013: 9:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
I love nairaland! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by drlateeph(m): 9:12pm On Jan 05, 2014
Too...Too...Too...
Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by skyscraperTM(m): 9:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
I've learnt so many things on Nairaland, but if you ask me, I don't know what I've learnt.
Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
As for me, i'm done posting threads on celebrities and gossips...I've got bills to pay.
Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
I'll be back in a jiffy
Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by JonCina(m): 9:16pm On Jan 05, 2014
STENON: Nairaland is a forum wia evn if u dnt feel lyk smillin on dt day...Jst log into Nairaland n den U'l b force to smile,laff, n u'l b excited truout d day.......Althou it wz very late b4 i joined...bt I'm alwz api cos av gained alot frm it....Be it academics,Politics,Worldwide news,relationship,health,my personal Life...Thumbs up for Master Oluwaseun.....

See This Guy o! Na Baba Sege- the CEO of Nairaland Plc, You dey refer to as master?

No worry, Ur Bleep up Will be treated.

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by Pearlyakin(m): 9:16pm On Jan 05, 2014
Am always happy to be a nairalandite,i do recommend nairaland for people around me,we thank God for seun and the moderatos
I will soon write an open letter to seun very soon#gbaaam.
Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by dedons: 9:16pm On Jan 05, 2014
Before I comment,I need an answer to this question...

Where is SEXKILLZ

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Derived From Nairaland by JingoOAU(m): 9:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
Nairaland has contributed negatively to our people than we can imagine. Nairalanders have been whitewashed politically and religiously to the extent that some few individuals only think for them.

Nairaland has created enmity between the Yorubas and the Igbos, between APC and PDP members, between Muslims and christians, between Hausas and Middle beltans, between men and women,etc

Whenever I open nairaland politics section and I see how people bashed my yoruba ethnic group, I feel pained to the marrow because this is a pointer of what caused the civil war.

Last Bullet: I think Seun should enact a law on nairaland that whenever someone abuses a fellow nairalander, the person being abused should not resort to abusing the whole ethnic clan of the other. Face the man that's abusing you and stop categorising all the ethnic groups....its very wrong.

However, it is very shameful for seun osewa, a yorubaman to create nairaland and thereby allow some people to start insulting his ancestors and forefather because of their different political leanings.....u cannot create a platform for people to interract, and some people hijack the platform to rain curses and abuses on ur ethnicity and culture....Nairaland has lost its values

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Delete Your Previous Post / State One Question You Hate Being Asked. / Meet Meysi, The World’s Smallest Dog!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.