Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,553 members, 7,955,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:38 PM

Upper Iweka "A Terror Zone” A Den For Thieves! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Upper Iweka "A Terror Zone” A Den For Thieves! (1087 Views)

Things To Do In Den Haag (the Hague) Netherland. / Master Degree For Hnd (upper Credit) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Upper Iweka "A Terror Zone” A Den For Thieves! by pclever1(m): 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2014
As I journeyed round upper Iweka,I had a shocking discovery that kept me silent for a while.The called Agbero or loaders around upper Iweka are continuous menace to the public.This set of Individuals disguise as bay/park loaders are thieves and posses Guns. I was stunned when one of them grabbed a lady's neck lace while the bus was in motion and when the lady wanted to raise alarm,she told that if she called the police,the police would nothing.The Police force in Anambra state have been reduced to an Ediffy or stamp.Its alarming where people tend to move in fear around Onttsha(Upper Iweka) and both the Government and the Police force claims Ignorance. This is a wake up call for the security agencies in Anambra state.
Re: Upper Iweka "A Terror Zone” A Den For Thieves! by lekkie073(m): 3:42pm On Jan 05, 2014
pclever1: As I journeyed round upper Iweka,I had a shocking discovery that kept me silent for a while.The called Agbero or loaders around upper Iweka are continuous menace to the public.This set of Individuals disguise as bay/park loaders are thieves and posses Guns. I was stunned when one of them grabbed a lady's neck lace while the bus was in motion and when the lady wanted to raise alarm,she told that if she called the police,the police would nothing.The Police force in Anambra state have been reduced to an Ediffy or stamp.Its alarming where people tend to move in fear around Onttsha(Upper Iweka) and both the Government and the Police force claims Ignorance. This is a wake up call for the security agencies in Anambra state.
the police know that. I remembered 2007 when I was serving in anambra. I travelled from Lagos and on getting to upper iweka around 6pm, I saw a police who by virtue of my dressing decoded that I was a corper. the next thing the policeman said was.....
Corper, u better leave this environment now now. if I leave this place before u, u r on ur own o. I did not need a speech analyst to tell me what he meant.
Re: Upper Iweka "A Terror Zone” A Den For Thieves! by 3coins(m): 3:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
bakassi needs to cm baq there! angry
Re: Upper Iweka "A Terror Zone” A Den For Thieves! by 24in7: 3:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
true talk, that area needs state area of emergency by our gov lipsrsealed
Re: Upper Iweka "A Terror Zone” A Den For Thieves! by ume(m): 4:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
i was suposed board a chico bus at 9pm ,so i went coal off with my friend after paying and picking our tickets to burn time,but unknowingly for we entered their den,but as a guy man,i noticed that everybody around were eyeing us so instead of my nomal heineken i ordered for original ijaw and gave some rough looking ones there one bottle of beer each,bcs i was having over 250k cash in ma combact jean,while drinking one was interviewing me and even offered me one rap of gbana,i took permission to check our bus and escaped,called my guy one phone to come out from there

1 Like

Re: Upper Iweka "A Terror Zone” A Den For Thieves! by alotofgrace(m): 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2014
i could remember my service days in umuahia...went on a trip to akwa with mi babe...ryt at that upper iweka, someone mothers bag was snatch by two guys on a bike! i could not behold a woman of bout 55 crying in the public!
sometn need be done
Re: Upper Iweka "A Terror Zone” A Den For Thieves! by kingthreat(m): 5:10pm On Jan 05, 2014
Thanks for warning. Thank God I live in the west of the Niger unlike the lawless opposite.
Re: Upper Iweka "A Terror Zone” A Den For Thieves! by sammer4life(m): 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
I think limiting it to Upper Iweka is an attempt to mask the obvious. As an Onitsha thorough bred, I can say that those urchins have taken over the city. From those masqurading as Massob members to the plain robbers among them, pray you don't encounter them anyyday, anytime. From Upper Iweka, down to Silas Works refuse dump, to Okpoko, Onitsha is a town under siege. Funny the government is silent
Re: Upper Iweka "A Terror Zone” A Den For Thieves! by Chidonsky: 3:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
I wonder what the government agencies are doing about this situation...The other day i and my brother was almost robbed in a broad day light,most road passers did not even look at our direction for help..My friend came back with wounds after he was robbed of his money by those thieves on Dec26 at upper-iweka
Re: Upper Iweka "A Terror Zone” A Den For Thieves! by tunde300us(m): 1:40am On Jan 07, 2014
Sometime on the 24th this year,i was manipulated into a bus that was not going to anywhere with 2 ladies and a corper guy.The lady had her daughter (7yrs old) and they were going to asaba,but as soon as we got into the bus they asked her to pay for lagos fare and threaten to attack her if she does not,u wont believe there was an elderly man of almost 70 yr old amongst the agberos and he was asking the people in the bus to borrow the lady money so that she can pay her tfare to lagos when she was actually going to asaba.
My anger was not the young senseless,hopeless agberos but the old man who was part of them,for almost 30min the drama continued and the ladies daughter was crying and the lady herself.But we all knew the consequence of trying to launch a counter attack cos these guys looked like they could kill.Can someone please tell me why onitsha is like this ?

(1) (Reply)

The Bad State Of Papalanto-ilaro Road / Top 3 Venues For The Perfect Wedding Reception In Abuja / Why I Never Considered To School In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.