Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Ife's Diary: Sunday Swag And Milkshakes - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ife's Diary: Sunday Swag And Milkshakes (727 Views)

The True Meaning Of "SWAG" And Its Origin / Chill And Relax Presents: - The May Swag / Chill And Relax Presents The May Swag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ife's Diary: Sunday Swag And Milkshakes by ifedum(f): 11:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
The first Sunday of the year didn’t turn out bad at all. It was thanksgiving in my church and as is the custom, people turned up in their best native attire to give thanks to God who made it possible for us to be part of this new and exciting year.

The church auditorium was brightly lit with colourful attire worn beautifully by everyone present and of course the sisters were ever ready to bend and twist their waist all in an effort to show their heartfelt gratitude to their maker.

Sermon was delivered beautifully and more thanksgiving songs followed afterwards as members danced forward with their thanksgiving offering. Few minutes later, the service came to an end and people dispersed to their various destinations as though someone said “To your tents oh Israel!”

Sincerely, I think we should learn to carry home from church the same attitude that we always seem to exhibit in church. In church we often believe more and respond positively to the words that we hear but it’s a different ball game when we are faced with the pressures and challenges that life brings in it’s wake. Suddenly all that we believe or think we believe are thrown out through the window.

After church, I had to go see a play with a friend of mine at Terra Kulture titled “Alejo,” a play written and directed by Ikenna Jude Okpala. It is a suspense-filled story about a stigmatized girl. You should go watch it! The tickets to the play came with free milkshakes! It felt so refreshing being able to relax and enjoy a good play in a lively atmosphere after such a long time of not being able to do so for some reason or the other.

We had so much fun; the characters in the play were quite creative and able to deliver their lines with such good sense of humour, which left the audience reeling with so much laughter.

I had a good dose of laughter myself which also helped to ease off the pressures and burden of what to write next on my blog.

This is a good tip, I think people should identify whatever it is that helps them relieve tension and stress (because we all have our different ways of relieving stress) and make conscious effort to engage in whatever that activity is, in order to boost their level of productivity.

For crying out loud! Can someone tell me why I’m writing about serious issues on this blog? All of a sudden I’m veering into medicine. I’m not a medical Doctor, if you have stress related issues, I think you should ask your Doctor. Case closed.

Watch out for my blockbuster story series titled- VANISHED! From February 1, 2014, miss it, miss out! If you’d like to receive email alerts, join my list of friends by sending your email to: ife.odum@gmail.com, also follow me on twitter @ifeodum.

Have a great week!

P.S For further reading on stress management, visit www.helpguide.com

(1) (Reply)

. / Akinbode's Misery / Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.