Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Enjoy My Awori Historical Praise Poetry - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Enjoy My Awori Historical Praise Poetry (2566 Views)

Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba / Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 / Proud Awori People Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enjoy My Awori Historical Praise Poetry by ladionline: 5:50am On Jan 06, 2014
Kiti gbe omo Oluwe wun? How is the living, offspring of the divers? Ogbee re! it's the good life. Ogbe ire derived from eji Ogbe, it's ohun~Ife. Eji~Ogbe is the precept that establish Yoruba, meaning 'two are better' or 'two will uplift' Therefore, kitigbe is like asking about the precept in the passing from kinsmen that, 'how about the precept or the heirloom prediction? And then the response is: the prediction is blessed. Wait what's the prediction? Ire to Owa wu ase, ire taa won Ogberi o mor!'
Re: Enjoy My Awori Historical Praise Poetry by ladionline: 6:19am On Jan 06, 2014
Akesan nleri, omo Agbebi omuwe. (remember there is Iperu AKESAN baale oja, in case they ask you 'what has Awori got to do with Ijebu?' Then remember Yoruba is not a picture of dicothomy playing on their mind, we are one people whose history started together under common leadership thousands of years back). AKESAN means 'Non~vindictive', Nnleri means 'wont be provoked to utter swear word' But the fact that Iperu loan us the picture of Akesan as leader of the market, (baale oja), it's clear she was human and the term is not just an ornamental word.
Re: Enjoy My Awori Historical Praise Poetry by ladionline: 6:33am On Jan 06, 2014
Omo agbebi omuwe means Akesan is 'Agbebi omuwe', that is, Akesan is the 'midwife' to the veteran divers, i.e. Omuwe. That could mean akesan helped Yoruba mariners of old deliver their brainchild of probable coastland at the base of the expanse. Was Akesan the same as Ogunfunminire? If so, Akesan is the daughter of Ogun who gave her~ire>goodspeed.
Re: Enjoy My Awori Historical Praise Poetry by ladionline: 7:02am On Jan 06, 2014
Again, who was Akesan? Enter my nursery rhyme: birom-birom, biro nbata, Mojalakesan, gbangba ewa. So, Moja is Akesan! (well your version might be 'I answer Alakesan', but that will disturb the hidden secret in the poetry). Gbangba is ita or colony or vacant land. More so, ita mean merchandise, gban~gba means 'take and let me take', then ewa means ten, beautiful, sought after, the arrivals, navigative.
Re: Enjoy My Awori Historical Praise Poetry by ladionline: 7:08am On Jan 06, 2014
Omo iwaju Oloko tii sowo, eyin oloko tii s'ejigba ileke. Ogedegede Oloko tii mi yebeyebe lori omi.
Re: Enjoy My Awori Historical Praise Poetry by MetaPhysical: 4:36am On Jan 07, 2014
ladionline: Omo iwaju Oloko tii sowo, eyin oloko tii s'ejigba ileke. Ogedegede Oloko tii mi yebeyebe lori omi.

grin

Ka f'owo wa, ka f'aje wa
Ka so aje nu
Ka wa f'ogedegede owo w'oko lo Iseri.

Omo Olofin O k'are o, Aye a ye o! grin grin
Re: Enjoy My Awori Historical Praise Poetry by ladionline: 9:33am On Jan 07, 2014
MetaPhysical:

grin

Ka f'owo wa, ka f'aje wa
Ka so aje nu
Ka wa f'ogedegede owo w'oko lo Iseri.

Omo Olofin O k'are o, Aye a ye o! grin grin
Ase ooo. Mo seba agba o, e je ko jumi se o, ada se nii humo, iba o gbodo humo! grin
Re: Enjoy My Awori Historical Praise Poetry by step1: 9:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
God bless you.

I guess its the awori in Ogun state that still greet with Kiti gbe.

Lagos and Benin republic (sekiri ) don't again, I think !
Re: Enjoy My Awori Historical Praise Poetry by ladionline: 10:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
step1: God bless you.

I guess its the awori in Ogun state that still greet with Kiti gbe.

Lagos and Benin republic (sekiri ) don't again, I think !
Yes ooo bi ng o lowo mo lohun, ng o tor ni yera feebi seh, ajijor se tiwa, ah ko meh le ye o! Wait please enlighten me, were the sekiri of Awori league? I wont be surprise though the last time, I saw Iga Isoko at Ado, next to my Iga. I was just wandering. Isoko, Irobo: Moputa o!
Re: Enjoy My Awori Historical Praise Poetry by aljharem(m): 4:43am On Jan 08, 2014
ladionline: Yes ooo bi ng o lowo mo lohun, ng o tor ni yera feebi seh, ajijor se tiwa, ah ko meh le ye o! Wait please enlighten me, were the sekiri of Awori league? I wont be surprise though the last time, I saw Iga Isoko at Ado, next to my Iga. I was just wandering. Isoko, Irobo: Moputa o!

ah can't remember now. so you are from Ogun state. Nice knowing bro

I think it's good when you know someone is from your group. LOL grin grin
Re: Enjoy My Awori Historical Praise Poetry by ladionline: 5:43am On Jan 08, 2014
alj harem:

ah can't remember now. so you are from Ogun state. Nice knowing bro

I think it's good when you know someone is from your group. LOL grin grin
I am an Awori man ooo. I rep Ado-Odo/Ota LGA, Ogun state. Nice meeting you.
Re: Enjoy My Awori Historical Praise Poetry by Iyanifa: 10:50am On Dec 18, 2015
Thank you for sharing. I've been looking for Awori History.

(1) (Reply)

Popular Dreaded Deities Across Igboland / Igbo Name Given / What Is ''MANGO'' Called In Your Native Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.