Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,649 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:48 AM

Yoruba Foods...help - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Yoruba Foods...help (2019 Views)

Which Of These Yoruba Foods Gives More Energy? / Which Foods Help To Flatten Your Stomach? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Foods...help by Tanzie: 7:30am On Jan 06, 2014
I'm East African dating a Yoruba man need your help. My boyfriend's birthday is coming up and would like to cook for him some of his native food. Do you guys have any advice as to what kind of food(s) do Yoruba people like?

Thanks.
Re: Yoruba Foods...help by ilibrarian(m): 7:37am On Jan 06, 2014
Amala and Ewedu soup.
Re: Yoruba Foods...help by Tanzie: 8:22am On Jan 06, 2014
Thank you for the ideas/reply.
Re: Yoruba Foods...help by 4tunebest(f): 10:51am On Jan 06, 2014
A yoruba man can't resist pounded yam and egusi soup or Efo riro (soup). Made with plenty crayfish, locust beans and filled with goat meat or cowleg and smoked fish plus orisirisi(meat offals).

There are several other recipes here: http://www.allnigerianrecipes.com/
Re: Yoruba Foods...help by chiefinalowo: 6:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
4tunebest: A yoruba man can't resist pounded yam and egusi soup or Efo riro (soup). Made with plenty crayfish, locust beans and filled with goat meat or cowleg and smoked fish plus orisirisi(meat offals).

+10000
Re: Yoruba Foods...help by 4tunebest(f): 9:35pm On Jan 06, 2014
Chiefinalowo, i guess you prefer ogiri to locust beans. angry
Re: Yoruba Foods...help by chiefinalowo: 6:23pm On Jan 07, 2014
4tunebest: Chiefinalowo, i guess you prefer ogiri to locust beans. angry

I don't eat both.
Re: Yoruba Foods...help by Tanzie: 5:37am On Jan 10, 2014
4tunebest: A yoruba man can't resist pounded yam and egusi soup or Efo riro (soup). Made with plenty crayfish, locust beans and filled with goat meat or cowleg and smoked fish plus orisirisi(meat offals).

Thank you so very much for the link..appreciate it.
Re: Yoruba Foods...help by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
These are the foods you may need to learn

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Foods...help by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
These are the foods you may need to learn
I'll teach you how to make them later

Re: Yoruba Foods...help by Tanzie: 12:08am On Jul 18, 2014
@ Kulyie,

Thank you for the food suggestions.

I need help to understand the culture a little bit. I'll be meeting his father, uncle and aunt (who are very very close and dear to him) in about two weeks for the first time. I understand that as a woman I need to kneel down (with BOTH knees) while greeting. Does this apply only to greeting his mother or even the dad and the uncle and aunt in this case?

Thank you.
Re: Yoruba Foods...help by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 18, 2014
Yes and if they don't like the idea of kneeling down., they'll tell you to stand up.

Meanwhile efo riro is just a mixture of stew and vegetables with meat as you can see up there
Tanzie: @ Kulyie,

Thank you for the food suggestions.

I need help to understand the culture a little bit. I'll be meeting his father, uncle and aunt (who are very very close and dear to him) in about two weeks for the first time. I understand that as a woman I need to kneel down (with BOTH knees) while greeting. Does this apply only to greeting his mother or even the dad and the uncle and aunt in this case?

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Soursop I Bought See How It Looks (photo) / Have You Ever Done Snake Meat Pepper Soup? Check This Out. / Local Names For This Vegetables

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.