Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Do Nigerians Go On Vacations - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do Nigerians Go On Vacations (2097 Views)

Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America / 10 Exotic Vacations Nigerians Can Take Without A Visa / What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nigerians Go On Vacations by bobbybash(m): 3:16am On Aug 08, 2008
Going on a vacation has always been a dream for me and have always waited endlessly for when that day will come, you know having to work all day and study part time left me with little or not time for myself and the chance to have fun never presented it self.B

But faithfully by september last year i decided to go on a long due vacation and believe me when i say well due so i really mean it.Now the next thing that now popped up on my mind was where to go and how to go about it. this could be a very huge problem especially when you don't have anybody to guide you through the planning process.This was what i had to face last year i went through the internet to search for possible means (companies & agent)that could help but there was little or no help.So i had to work it out myself its not to interesting have to go browse through the internet searching for possible clues.
          But cutting a long story short i took  the bull by the horn and decided on Ghana which i had to explore by my self,determining that other people would not have to go through the same stress i had to go through,so i took my camera asked around among my friend to see if any one of them had a relative or friend in Ghana, gracefully i stroke luck and a friend had a relative who he said would be willing to take me through the nooks and the cranny of the land having stayed there for the better part of his life(18 years)he knows every or almost everywhere.Later in September i booked my flight and off i flew straight and landed in Kotoka airport in Accra the Country's capital the place is small and cute compared to our MMA Ikeja.
Ghana is splendid infact they have a power generation of 24/7,the people accommodating and the place is much safer even for a tourist you almost don't need a guide except that you have to know where you are going.

Em now taking the pain upon myself to help other plan there vacation having also been to other parts of the country that are worth seeing and even to Togo and other western Africa regions is what am currently working on. In conclusions its always a great experience and i can hardly wait for another such experience.if you would like to take a vacation to Ghana you can always count on me.
signed
Sruot & Levart

Re: Do Nigerians Go On Vacations by naijadiva2(f): 3:52am On Aug 08, 2008
yea, some do. i'm not sure of the percentage, but they do go on vacations.
Re: Do Nigerians Go On Vacations by beninman(m): 8:30am On Aug 08, 2008
So you are a Nigerian and staying here in Nigeria and don't know some of us do have time for our self and go to vacation? We do go to vacation my dear! I am on vacation right now with my children and wife and we will not be coming to Nigeria until August ending and I can tell you that we are really having fun out here.

Our vacation is not like those suffer head people photo you shown, we do not carry our bads behind like them! We are in our hotel and we take taxi when we are going out or we use tour bus when we are going on sight seeing.

We will be going on vacation around summer next year by God's grace as well and if you want to go, you have to start saving for it from now and you can also plan it with me and my family. Our trip next year is going to be around Asia (Dubai, Thailand, South Korea, Hong Kong, and back to Lagos)
Re: Do Nigerians Go On Vacations by chukxie(m): 10:26am On Apr 28, 2013
beninman: So you are a Nigerian and staying here in Nigeria and don't know some of us do have time for our self and go to vacation? We do go to vacation my dear! I am on vacation right now with my children and wife and we will not be coming to Nigeria until August ending and I can tell you that we are really having fun out here.

Our vacation is not like those suffer head people photo you shown, we do not carry our bads behind like them!
We are in our hotel and we take taxi when we are going out or we use tour bus when we are going on sight seeing.

We will be going on vacation around summer next year by God's grace as well and if you want to go, you have to start saving for it from now and you can also plan it with me and my family. Our trip next year is going to be around Asia (Dubai, Thailand, South Korea, Hong Kong, and back to Lagos)

You got it all wrong there, sir! The people in the photo aren't "suffer head" like you think. They're called backpackers. They travel with their bags stocked with all the necessities for their trip. Enjoy your vacation wherever you are. Shalom !

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Plane Crash. DR Congo: Many Dead As Plane Crashes Into Homes / Abuja Pics! / Ibiza. . .schengen Visa To Spain Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.