Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,222 members, 7,957,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:51 PM

Are Cameras Still Needed Today? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Are Cameras Still Needed Today? (781 Views)

[infographic] The Evolution Of Cameras On Samsung Mobile Phones / Hidden Cameras Capture Forest Elephant's Activity In South-west Nigeria / Evaki Solar Power Pad For Iphone Ipad Ipod Smartphones Tablets Digital Cameras (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Cameras Still Needed Today? by Gerrard59(m): 2:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
Almost everywhere you go
(apologies to MTN) you see folks, mostly the young with their
Smartphones chatting,browsing and also taking pictures (or it didnt
happen).

Which brings us to the Question-Are hand held cameras still needed in the real world of mobile tech?

Tell me why would someone need a Samsung Camera that cost 16k and has 16MP,when you have an S4?sad

Why would still need a Camera when you ve got the Lumia 1020? Which kind picture you wan take again?

Or me that's earnestly planning to buy the SONY Z1 which comes with 20.1MP , why then shld i buy another SONY Camera again?

1 Like

Re: Are Cameras Still Needed Today? by simiolu1(m): 1:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
Gerrard59: Almost everywhere you go
(apologies to MTN) you see folks, mostly the young with their
Smartphones chatting,browsing and also taking pictures (or it didnt
happen).

Which brings us to the Question-Are hand held cameras still needed in the real world of mobile tech?

Tell me why would someone need a Samsung Camera that cost 16k and has 16MP,when you have an S4?sad

Why would still need a Camera when you ve got the Lumia 1020? Which kind picture you wan take again?

Or me that's earnestly planning to buy the SONY Z1 which comes with 20.1MP , why then shld i buy another SONY Camera again?

First of all, please note that there are different types of cameras, which may or may not have d same basic purpose but have different levels of intelligence.
D average phone camera can only b compared wit point and shoots (those small hand held cameras U're refering to).
Point and shoots differ from mirrorless cameras which can be mounted with different lenses.
Mirrorless cameras differ from DSLRs-d cameras dat professional photographers use (which could be full-frame sensor or cropped sensor; and could also be basic, semi-pro or pro) *hope I haven't lost U there*
DSLRs have video capacities but they are primarly photography cameras.
DSLRs differ from video cameras such as camcoders, HD cameras, celluloid etc.
So, all these tend to have d same basic function-taking photos and recording videos- but each has its level of technological advancement.
Hope U got it? *winks*
Re: Are Cameras Still Needed Today? by Gerrard59(m): 2:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
Thanks Simi.

Just that for touristic, Youthful , Adventurous purposes one may not really a Digital Camera per say.

Saw an Ad bout 1020 on NatGeo Wild,the pix and vids were awesome to say the least.
Re: Are Cameras Still Needed Today? by simiolu1(m): 5:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
Gerrard59: Thanks Simi.

Just that for touristic, Youthful , Adventurous purposes one may not really a Digital Camera per say.

Saw an Ad bout 1020 on NatGeo Wild,the pix and vids were awesome to say the least.

When it comes to camera sensors especially for phones, Nokia is one of d best (if not the best).
However, as a photographer, I have discovered dat wen it comes to camera specs, megapixel is d LAST tin to look out for.
Wat matters to pro-photographers include ISO performance (d ability of a camera to take photos in xtrmely low light conditions wit as little digital noise as possible), frame per sec (fps-d no of pix a camera can take in a sec in continuous shoot mode), no of focus points, etc.
This is y phone cams just can't compare to DSLRs.
However, d big advantage for phone cams is dat they are handy and follow U everywhere U go unlike DSLRs, dat can be quite heavy.
In conclusion, phone cams have their place & oda cams too have their place.
U can visit my blog for insightful articles
Re: Are Cameras Still Needed Today? by Gerrard59(m): 12:19am On Jan 09, 2014
Thanks very, learnt some new things. Though am not into pictures cos i'm not too photogenic, Do you please know any photo enhancing app for Android DEVICES?

Thanks once again. Kindly do the needful @ Modswink
Re: Are Cameras Still Needed Today? by simiolu1(m): 1:14pm On Jan 10, 2014
Nope. Google is ur friend U know

(1) (Reply)

Python Swallows And Vomits Small Antelope(see Pic) / Some Extinct Animals That Wil Give You The Chills. Pics. / Earth 'entering New Extinction Phase' - US Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.