Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Rate Of Okada Accidents In Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rate Of Okada Accidents In Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom (669 Views)

Fat Woman And Her Daughter In Okada (photo) / Okada Man Carrying Goats In Onitsha / 18 Die In Separate Car Accidents In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rate Of Okada Accidents In Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom by Eberex(m): 5:52pm On Jan 06, 2014
I have been wanting to put a thread on this issue ever since I came into this town last year but it keeps slipping my mind. Just today on my way from work I witnessed an okada accident involving the passengers a woman and her two little children. Here in Ikot Ekpene, these guys drive like maniacs! I really would like the state government to do something about this as I find it alarming when I see a mother backing her child and at the same time still carries another child on an okada, and the streets here are mostly major roads.
Re: Rate Of Okada Accidents In Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom by Martini101(m): 9:32pm On Jan 06, 2014
It is not a small thing oh. i served in Ikono LGA and Ikot ekpene being our Zone, i have witnessed alot of accident. There was this incident that happened when i was driving, one of the okada men tried to over take me from the right wit a view to pass through a tight corner , i dodged him but he fond himself under my car. if i wasnt an experienced driver i would have ran him over. welcome to Akwa Ibom cos my guess is dat u re a corp member.
Re: Rate Of Okada Accidents In Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom by Eberex(m): 10:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
Martini101: It is not a small thing oh. i served in Ikono LGA and Ikot ekpene being our Zone, i have witnessed alot of accident. There was this incident that happened when i was driving, one of the okada men tried to over take me from the right wit a view to pass through a tight corner , i dodged him but he fond himself under my car. if i wasnt an experienced driver i would have ran him over. welcome to Akwa Ibom cos my guess is dat u re a corp member.

Nah i'm not. I served 2006 in Ogun state. I got a job offer here in akwa ibom and so had to relocate from Lagos. And the worse thing is, as you mentioned in your own incident, if something had happened to the bike rider, you will notice that other bike riders would gather round and accuse you of being at fault, all of them speaking their languages. They don't like foreigners. Most of them don't.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland - The Phoenix / I Missed Nairaland / Thread For People Who Stay In Borno State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.