Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

If We Can't See God, How Can We Know He Exists? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If We Can't See God, How Can We Know He Exists? (588 Views)

"I Don't Hate God. I Just Don't Believe He Exists." / Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? / Awesome God, How Great Thou Art: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If We Can't See God, How Can We Know He Exists? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:21pm On Jan 07, 2014
If we can’t see God, how can we know he exists?

It is not uncommon for skeptics to suppose that Christians are irrational for believing in a God they cannot see. In reality, it is irrational for such skeptics to suppose that what cannot be seen does not exist.

First, the fact that something cannot be seen does not presuppose that it doesn't exist. We know that black holes, electrons, the laws of logic, and the law of gravity exist despite the fact that we cannot see them. Indeed, even a full–blown empiricist holds fast to the law of gravity while standing atop the Eiffel tower.

Furthermore, as King David exudes, "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands" (Psalm 19:1). Or in the words of the apostle Paul, "God's invisible qualities––his eternal power and divine nature––have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse" (Romans 1:20). Put another way, the order and complexity of the visible, physical universe eloquently testify to the existence of an uncaused first cause.

Finally, God can be seen through the person and work of Jesus Christ. As Paul explains, "In Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form" (Colossians 2:9). Indeed, the incarnation of Jesus Christ is the supreme act of God's self–revelation. Through the ministry of the Holy Spirit we experience the power and presence of God in a way that is more fundamentally real than even our perceptions of the physical world in which we live.

---Hank Hanegraaff | The Complete Bible Answer Book http://www.equip.org/bookstore/the-complete-bible-answer-bookcollectors-edition/

For further study, see J. P. Moreland and William Lane Craig, Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview (Downers Grove, Ill: InterVarsity Press, 2003); see also Lee Strobel, The Case for a Creator (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2004). http://www.equip.org/bookstore/books/philosophical-foundations-for-a-christian-worldview/

"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then
we shall see face to face. Now I know in part;
then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known
."
- 1 Corinthians 13:12
Re: If We Can't See God, How Can We Know He Exists? by spenca: 6:53am On Jan 08, 2014
Do you see your mind yet you know you have one
Re: If We Can't See God, How Can We Know He Exists? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:35am On Jan 08, 2014
Your God made some promises in the bible....ask him to do the needful.

Ezekiel 38:23
And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD.'

Till end...... Job 13:15
Though he slay me, I will hope in him; yet I will argue my ways to his face.

(1) (Reply)

The Pattern, The Letter And The Veil / When Heaven Opens / Understanding The Charismatic Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.