Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Comedian, Basketmouth, Issues ‘apology’ For Rape Joke - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Comedian, Basketmouth, Issues ‘apology’ For Rape Joke (449 Views)

NO JOKE: Basketmouth Under Fire Over Rape Joke (PHOTOS) / Zimbabwean Writer Blast Comedian Basket Mouth For ‘rape’ Joke / Jim Iyke Issues Apology To Linda Ikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Comedian, Basketmouth, Issues ‘apology’ For Rape Joke by irririchris(m): 2:01am On Jan 08, 2014
Having posted the story of Basketmouth and his dry joke, which many of his followers and fan took personal, although i saw the post on his wall, but i didnt give it a second thought because i know he will never in his right mind promote rape, he has however come out to apologize to everyone about the cruel joke....
Quoting him, this is what he has to say ...
“I broadcasted a joke that many clearly misunderstood and have found offensive and I sincerely apologise. The intention however was to highlight an unfortunate trend and the ridiculously flawed comparison between money and the worth of a woman,” the comedian explained.
Addressing his “apology” to all women, “the ones that make our lives colorful, the ones we owe our lives literally, our pride, our money choppers, the true stronger vessels,” Basketmouth said, “this is me, Bright Onyekwere Okpocha saying, I no dey crase to promote rape? (sic)”
The joke has since been removed. irriri..com

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Babes Vs Facebook Babes.......who form Pas???? / Top 5 Most Controversial Essayist In Nigeria / HOT VISUAL!!! J.martins Release Faro Video Ft. DJ Arafat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.