Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

DSTV, POS & Extra Charges -Ridiculous - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / DSTV, POS & Extra Charges -Ridiculous (573 Views)

"Don't Tell Me Nonsense": Photo Of An Igbo Man's Shop With 7 POS Machines / Photo: See The Lagos Taxi Driver That Uses POS / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

DSTV, POS & Extra Charges -Ridiculous by reallytired: 7:14am On Jan 08, 2014
Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right section but please bear with me. Yesterday I went with my husband to the DSTV office @ shoprite Abuja in order to renew our subscription. My husband asked if they had POS because he wanted to use his debit card.
To our greatest shock & surprise we were told by the lady that if he is using his card, his card would be debited with an additional N170 for bank charges.
He obviously declined & opted to pay cash. but if he were in a hurry & could not wait to queue up @ the -always busy- atms he would in the usual Nigerian fashion grumble & tell her to go ahead & debit his account.
Now my question is this, if the CBN is telling us to be a cashless society, why on earth should I pay more to use my card? Is the aim of the policy not being defeated? If these company's are using it as an excuse to illegally rip their clients off shouldn't they be called to order?
Re: DSTV, POS & Extra Charges -Ridiculous by Bisjosh(f): 7:40am On Jan 08, 2014
Its really not a must u use this cable tv u can buy startimes. undecided undecided
Re: DSTV, POS & Extra Charges -Ridiculous by reallytired: 8:02am On Jan 08, 2014
Even if I switch to startimes, will it stop others from getting ripped off? No.

(1) (Reply)

Mini-distributors Needed For This New Product & Investors Needed For Expansion. / Please What's The Best Legal Business To Set Up In Sambisa Now? / Plug Your Funnel, Then Enter The Tunnel.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.