Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Need A PHP Framework . Please Advice. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Need A PHP Framework . Please Advice. (950 Views)

Best PHP Framework For Application Development? / Which Php Framework Will You Recomend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need A PHP Framework . Please Advice. by ray4life(m): 9:50am On Jan 08, 2014
I started developing web apps with PHP recently and I am thinking of using frameworks now. please I need advise from experienced PHP developers on the best one to use.
my criteria are simple and straightforward:
1. easy to use
2. works with IIS
3. free (can't afford commercial ones)

thanks. your advise will be appreciated.
Re: Need A PHP Framework . Please Advice. by talk2hb1(m): 1:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
ray4life: I started developing web apps with PHP recently and I am thinking of using frameworks now. please I need advise from experienced PHP developers on the best one to use.
my criteria are simple and straightforward:
1. easy to use
2. works with IIS
3. free (can't afford commercial ones)

thanks. your advise will be appreciated.

Try Codeigniter, simple to learn, even with the documentation that came with the software you can start churning out meaningful applications easily. Others in motion are Yii, Zend, CakePHP, and Symphony.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Need A PHP Framework . Please Advice. by mutago: 1:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
codeigniter is the best and is secured just like mysql database. But being open source they might be some vulnerability with respect to time.

Am a professional PHP codex. I don't use anything called open source. I code from scratch and can intercalate JQUERY,AJAX,JAVASCRIPT and PHP to produce unhackable applications. In otherwords the only person who can hack my application is 100% nobody
Re: Need A PHP Framework . Please Advice. by ray4life(m): 1:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
thanks for ur reply guys, appreciate it. I'll check them out. especially codeigniter.

but @mutago are you saying that I should not go the framework route ?
Re: Need A PHP Framework . Please Advice. by mutago: 8:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
To me Learning php framework is of no use. since its an open source, some dangerous hackers may have studied it and see some vulnerabilities.
secondly, Using open source may require constant versions updates and alot of security patches of course it should be done by you to mitigate security issues.

Do you know why hackers can just hack CMS applications, is because the stick to outdated php codes and functions which give rise to security breaches. As long as its open source, it will be bypassed one day is just matter of time.

My advice is, run away from anything called open source if you dont want to get hacked.
Stick to core php. you can use ajax, jquery,javascript to build any site you may think of. site Facebook is just little in what one can do via core php codex.
Re: Need A PHP Framework . Please Advice. by curiouslad(m): 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2014
mutago: codeigniter is the best and is secured just like mysql database. But being open source they might be some vulnerability with respect to time.
Am a professional PHP codex. I don't use anything called open source . I code from scratch and can intercalate JQUERY,AJAX,JAVASCRIPT and PHP to produce unhackable applications. In otherwords the only person who can hack my application is 100% nobody

You Dont shey gini grin grin

The PHP License is the software license under which the PHP scripting language is released. The PHP License is a non-copyleft free software license according to the Free Software Foundation[1] and an open source license according to the Open Source Initiative.[2] The license is GPL-incompatible due to restrictions on the usage of the term PHP.[1]

Be forming Bruce lee sho gbo angry angry

@op
I would suggest laravel (strongly) or maybe codeigniter.
Re: Need A PHP Framework . Please Advice. by GideonG(m): 11:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
Laravel first! by 80%
CodeIgniter second by 20%
Re: Need A PHP Framework . Please Advice. by adexsimply(m): 11:15am On Jan 10, 2014
CodeIgniter then Laravel wink wink
Re: Need A PHP Framework . Please Advice. by bb6xt(m): 8:59pm On Jun 27, 2014
I haven't used codeigniter or any of the other frameworks proposed above except laravel (just a bit) and yii (more extensively). I have come to respect the maintainers of yii because each day in my work I keep discovering new ways that yii makes my life easier, this is especially true for yii2 which is still in beta. Laravel is equally good, in particular, I love the fluent api of eloquent (the orm).

I am in no position to judge any one php framework superior to the rest since I have used only a few but I'll strongly recommend Yii2 perhaps because it's api is almost second nature to me an so I find it easier.

PS:
Within the context of this discussion and judging strictly by his comments so far I think @mutago is a comedian who should not be taken seriously. @mutago: it's nothing personal and I'll understand if you take this the wrong way but you still have a lot to learn. I apologize in advance though.

(1) (Reply)

Hassle-free Way To Carry Out Mailbox Migration To Another Exchange Server / Pacific School Mobile App / Html5 And Css3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.