Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,450 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? (11196 Views)

Ways Millionaires Manages Their Money That Make Them Richer. / Who Does The Actual Shopping In Nigeria? Men Or Women? / Nigeria Crayfish Fishermen Or Women Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by Sepp360(m): 11:20am On Jan 08, 2014
Early this morning, I was reading some posts on my facebook wall, posted by First Bank Plc precsiely. One of the questions asked was "wether women are better managers than Men"?

Maybe, maybe not. Evidence shows that women are hopelessly under-represented at the sharp end of fund management. Thou only 5-8% of women are found as managers in most companies and fund organisations, but they're known to be good managers!

Does this prove women are better fund managers than Men?

Deviating a little from business,
do women really manage and handle money wisely than men? Putting into consideration all the trivial accesories they buy just to look good!

*Your Opinions*

2 Likes

Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by juliebest(f): 11:29am On Jan 08, 2014
Yes women r generaly better managers of money than men. Ask any married man around u. Women use d little d men provid 2 take care of themselves,d children n house bills. **Btw,I'm Ftc.2014 wil definitely b a good yr 4 me.All glory goes 2 God 4 makg ds possibl n ma family 4 dr support n encouragmt al ds years.

1 Like

Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by Sepp360(m): 11:39am On Jan 08, 2014
juliebest: Yes women r generaly better managers of money than men. Ask any married man around u.
I just did! He strongly objected and told me that yhu didnt give me some reasons to prove ur point!

4 Likes

Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by kstyle2(m): 6:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
Women and money...it's like putting micheal jackson in a room with innocent altar boiz n telling him 2 babysit dem...u sef knw hw fa...i feel men r more frugal while most women tend 2 b spendthrifts

2 Likes

Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by Etumgbe(m): 6:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
For me women waste money unnecessarily.

How can they be better managers when brazillian hairs are hanging in that saloon?

Anyway 4th to comment no be bad thing.
i will get there soon IJN

15 Likes

Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by Swiftlee(m): 6:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
See kwesion!! As if dem wan pay me money if i answer!! grin

1 Like

Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by bandex: 6:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
Sepp360: I just did! He strongly objected and told me that yhu didnt give me some reasons to prove ur point!
men with foresight save money better than any woman because they know the consequences of been broke smiley

3 Likes

Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by dahdah: 6:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by ignis: 6:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
Being a Manager is all about possessing the attributes and qualities of a manager, and it is not a function of sex. Some women are better managers of money than men and vice versa.
But, generally women are better managers than men. Take it or leave it.

5 Likes

Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by Beennkumar(m): 6:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
I am a good manager of money

My dad's better at it than my mum

My brothers are better at it than my sister

The male friends I've got are better managers than the females

I'd say, Men are better managers of money. cheesy
Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by ehis010(m): 6:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
obviously its men, women can be reckless spenders, tho some can be screwed business women.,
Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
Just one question.

Is there any lady featured on the list of the top 5 richest people in the world

I rest my case, infact, case dismissed.

4 Likes

Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by Itoroetti(m): 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
I don't see women as fund managers.
If u think women are better fund managers,then ask chika ike,tonto dike,genevieve,omotola,ini edo,etc
Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by naijacutee(f): 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
bandex: men with foresight save money better than any woman because they know the consequences of been broke smiley

By this logic , I'd say women because they know the consequences of being with a broke man - the burden falls on them cheesy
Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
Men!
Reason:
Women are born spenders.
Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by Danhumprey: 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
If not for the fact that most of them are too materialistic when it comes to money,I'd give it to the women. Unlike men,who are free-spending. My Mom is a good example. She would ensure that you account upto the last kobo of the money she gave you. She is a no-nonsense person when it comes to money and finance.

2 Likes

Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by cr7lomo: 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
Some women are vampires, they are good at mismanaging money. Buy me this and that so that they can impress their friends and they also have women that are angels that will help grow their men. That's y we have the saying " for every successful man" u no d rest.

2 Likes

Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by mitey(m): 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by manny4life(m): 7:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
In my opinion, women are better money managers despite the fact that women spend, BUT they manage money well compared to men.

Itoroetti :
I don't see women as fund managers.
If u think women are better fund managers,then ask chika ike,tonto dike,genevieve,omotola,ini edo,etc

You've not seen because they're are underrepresented doesn't mean they don't exist. Compare the number of Nollywood actors who's asked for help to actress and see the numbers add up.
Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by noperson: 7:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
I believe women are better managers than men. Though it is the men that provide the money, it is the woman that goes about paying the bills. The rent, electricity, food stuff, children's school fees and school needs. The women keep a tab on things while the men are busy just making money and expecting every other thing to fall in place.
Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by bloglover(m): 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
forget about money for soup o..men are better managers of money
Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by kstyle2(m): 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
Wen a man makes som cash,he's alwayz thinkink of hw he can use d cash wisely 2 rake inmore...in d case of women,d think of how dey can look fresh n soft like bread wey dey mak 2day so make oda women jealous n 2 attract men
Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
naijacutee:

Maybe you are a bit diff.
Women get carried away with their present situation & mis-manage funds.
Men knows the risk and pain that ll come after mis-management of funds.
They know they are the one working for it. And they ll work harder, sweat harder if they waste their money.

1 Like

Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2014
Women are better Managers o..
Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by mazizitonene(m): 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2014
Men oscourfe angry
Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by smilelane: 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2014
ehis010: obviously its men, women can be reckless spenders, tho some can be screwed business women.,

Women exist at bothe extreme end of the scale. They are either very good fund manager or very poor.

Men come in-btw except for indulgers like drunkard, cassanovas who are thw worst managers of funds
Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by JuicyGee(f): 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2014
ONLY 41 PEOPLE IN THE WORLD CAN READ THIS...CAN
YOU?" Let's see if we can make it more than 100.
I Cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod
aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor
of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde
Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod
are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be
in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can ...sit...ll raed it whotuit
a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
lteter by istlef,
but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot
slpeling was ipmorantt!
If you can raed tihs prses lkie.

Well, back to the topic, i tink de women manages money more than the men, my mum is a perfect example. My dad, my step-dad? Pheww! Dey both spend money on unnecessary stuff nd cant manage.

5 Likes

Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by Marvyx(m): 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2014
Only few women are better managers but majority are not thrifty. No wonder the bible says a prudent woman is from the Lord.

1 Like

Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by alotofgrace(m): 7:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
mhen oskof

1 Like

Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by manny4life(m): 7:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
Okiki_Oluwa:
Maybe you are a bit diff.
Women get carried away with their present situation & mis-manage funds.
Men knows the risk and pain that ll come after mis-management of funds.
They know they are the one working for it. And they ll work harder, sweat harder if they waste their money.

And you think that men don't mismanage funds? If they knew the risk and pain that comes with it, there are numerous athletes, actors, stars and what not that don't fit your profile of "they know the risk and pain". They were seriously broke as when they started, however, in the general scheme, I'd prefer a woman manager than a man.
Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by alotofgrace(m): 7:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
Marvyx: .

Re: Who Manages Money Better: Men Or Women? by paranorman(m): 7:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
Well, from experience, women are better at managin their own purse very wel... But if its not their money, dey become pests; all dey would want to do is spend, spend, spend!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice / DIYLaw.ng - A Female Tech Startup - Wins $40K Prize In The Netherlands / Do Bankers Really Deserve Their Multi-million Pound Pays?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.