Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Amor4ce, Please Clear My Confusions On This Theory - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Amor4ce, Please Clear My Confusions On This Theory (560 Views)

Of Akure, Akure Agenda And The Theory Of Public Condemnation / Do You Believe In Hamitic Theory? / Was Willie Lynch Right About His Theory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amor4ce, Please Clear My Confusions On This Theory by ladionline: 1:39pm On Jan 08, 2014
[/b:
Secondly, the name “Cain” (or Qayn) is a transliteration of “Akin” which means “brave/valient one” and is common to the people of Ondo who are agrarian. Also according to the bible, Cain moved to the land of Nod on the east of Eden after the murder incident. He also married a woman from the First People as his wife. It turns out that Ondo is situated east of Edena which is in Ilé-Ifẹ̀ and the name “Nod” is a re-lexification of “Ondo” which is the cult centre for the veneration of Ògún who is known for his bravery: (O)nd(o) > N(o)d). A name by which Ògún was known in one of his incarnations is Tobe Ode. “Ode” means hunter and the name “Tobe” is seen in the re-lexified name “Tubal-Cain” borne allegedly by one of the descendants of Akin. “Tubal-Cain” is probably re-lexified from “Tobe Ògún” because in this case the “-Cain” part must have been derived from “Ògún” and this person is described as the “instructor of every craftsman in bronze and iron”, a role which can only be borne by Ògún: (O)gun > Cain.

My real surname is Ogundipe, I only choose Akinleye because its my dad's name and its free. Tell me, Am I a descendant of Cain? Some ethical questions from your post.
Re: Amor4ce, Please Clear My Confusions On This Theory by macof(m): 5:48pm On Jan 09, 2014
Though people have been living in that area for centuries, Ondo as a city state was established only 500yrs ago. And The habitation around that area wasn't known as ondo until Olori Olu Pupuru named it so.
Re: Amor4ce, Please Clear My Confusions On This Theory by ladionline: 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2014
Good, that Olori pupupu ought to be mentioned somewhere when my brother went tailoring his tales. I'm begining to think we may be dealing with a man with abosute poetic license in amo4ce. Did Yoruba pantheon exhibit all these exhortic aura for God sake?Anyway, I cherish your power of choice to make a word perform to orchestra any role you chooses. That's absolute power. IMPREGNATO!

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right For Soldiers To Take Someone's Trade Commodity Without Paying?... / Is Our Culture Robbing Us Of Empathy? / Tradition Or Child Abuse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.