Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,281 members, 7,829,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

[usb Device Not Recognised] After I Disinfectd My Pc Due To Explorer .exe Trojan - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / [usb Device Not Recognised] After I Disinfectd My Pc Due To Explorer .exe Trojan (1322 Views)

Help: Mtn Modem Not Recognised / Remove Funny Ust Scandal.avi.exe Permanently / HELP!!! Usb not Recognised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[usb Device Not Recognised] After I Disinfectd My Pc Due To Explorer .exe Trojan by dragnet: 11:53am On Aug 09, 2008
my usb flash drive got infected with the EXPLORER .EXE trojan thanks to the vulnerable cafe's pc & the trojan got transfered to my pc via my flash after which my pc always gives me an EXPLORER .EXE error report to send to microsoft immediately after start up( I never knew it was a virus all those weeks. .so I guess a lot of damage would've been done). . .to crown it all, my pc did not recognise my flash drive anymore. . . . . sad

In my dumb quest, I deleted my explorer pf file thinkn it was d culprit & would solve the problem but it didnt. .silly me! grin . . .I later sought help from friendly quaters after which It was confirmed to be a trojan. .so there came Nod32. . I installed it & disinfected both my flash & pc and voila !! No more EXPLORER .EXE error after start up cheesy

Nah! we aint done just yet undecided . . .what else?? Here==> the issue at hand now is that, anytime my pc boots, it opens two windows of WINDOWS EXPLORER !! i.e two windows showing my documents et al !! & it doesnt seem to recognise my flash anymore sad . . .in my dumb quest once again, I copy someone else's exp pf file & paste it in my windows pf thinking it would solve my problem but it hasnt !!
Right now, my pc decides when to recognise my flash or not ! i.e sometimes it recognises it & sometimes it doesnt & gives me "usb device not recognised" error but it works well with other pcs . . .and also the scenerio of opening two windows of WINDOWS EXPLORER is annoying. . . . .

I have googled but couldnt find any clear cut method of solving this problem & I dont have my windows cd else I would have executed "sfc /scannow" . . .
So I have to come back home to my dear nairaland grin

sorry for the lenghty story . .just didnt want to leave out any bit wink
In summary

I NEED H.E.L.L.L.L.L.P !!!! grin
I'd truly appreciate your efforts guys wink
Re: [usb Device Not Recognised] After I Disinfectd My Pc Due To Explorer .exe Trojan by UNLEASHED(m): 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2008
dragnet:

the issue at hand now is that, anytime my pc boots, it opens two windows of WINDOWS EXPLORER !! i.e two windows showing my documents et al !!

My PC do the same, It opens two windows showing my document, automatically means my PC is in trouble
Re: [usb Device Not Recognised] After I Disinfectd My Pc Due To Explorer .exe Trojan by Maleeq(m): 2:57pm On Aug 09, 2008
For the windows explorer and My Documents opening up at boot up, I have attached a registry file to this post. Just click it to correct the corrupt registry entry on your system.

The script assumes you have Windows installed to the C: drive. If it is not, edit the file with notepad and change the occurrence of C: to  your installation drive letter.

For the drive not being recognized. Have you tried other usb devices (flash drive, mouse . . .) the same port? I just want to narrow it down to exclude probable physical/hardware fault on the ports if other devices work just fine. Since you sate the drive works on another PC, I guess the drive ok.

I feel it a physical fault because you mention it gets recognized sometimes. . . more like a loose contact issue(just a guess). If the contacts are fine, then I'd suggest re-installing the usb drivers. And please, do try and get a windows installation CD to run the sfc command.

Cheers!

Re: [usb Device Not Recognised] After I Disinfectd My Pc Due To Explorer .exe Trojan by dragnet: 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2008
Maleeq, I will do as u said asap ! cheesy cheesy

I already have the feeling that my problem is solved grin . . . Thanks man! smiley

UNLEASHED, I beleive that Maleeq's attachment would solve ur problem??
Re: [usb Device Not Recognised] After I Disinfectd My Pc Due To Explorer .exe Trojan by UNLEASHED(m): 4:33am On Aug 10, 2008
@dragnet
I hope it will

It asked me if i want to add the stuff to my registry, should I?
Re: [usb Device Not Recognised] After I Disinfectd My Pc Due To Explorer .exe Trojan by fanistic(m): 7:32am On Aug 10, 2008
Exactly the same problem i had a couple of weeks back when i tried copyin some new songs to my frnds ipod only to discover the explorer.Exe trojan i disinfected it wit kav but on system boot i discovered the automatic opening of two document pages. Didnt know what to do so i decided to restore my PC to d date before i got the explorer.Exe trojan. And that solved my problem. The only prob i have now is that my task manager doesnt work no more even wit cont+alt+del. Task manager dont come up at all.
Re: [usb Device Not Recognised] After I Disinfectd My Pc Due To Explorer .exe Trojan by fanistic(m): 7:38am On Aug 10, 2008
Dragnet Try a system restore to a date when ur system was workin properly. That would solve the problem u facing ok. Have u tried openin task manager? Need to know if urs is workin to know if it is not connected wit the explore.exe trojan
Re: [usb Device Not Recognised] After I Disinfectd My Pc Due To Explorer .exe Trojan by Maleeq(m): 10:53am On Aug 10, 2008
@UNLEASHED

Its a registry file. When it prompts you, accept and add it. Then restart your system. All should corrected then.
The entries in the file only fixes the corrupt registry entries on your system that makes the explorer window open up on boot.

@fanistic
While a system restore could work in this case, I'd recommend it as a last resort for a trivial case as this. No anti-virus program would see the corrupt registry entries causing explorer opening on boot up and access to the task manager as a security threat. True, they'll remove the trojan that causes it, but they don't reserve registry entries made.

For you task manager, I have attached to this post, a script(RestoreTaskman.vbs) to return your access. Just click on it.
(All scripts, as is, attached to my posts are certified by me to pose no threat to your system )

Cheers!

Re: [usb Device Not Recognised] After I Disinfectd My Pc Due To Explorer .exe Trojan by fanistic(m): 3:40pm On Aug 10, 2008
Thanks maleeq i wld download it to my pc ok. Neva new i cld solve the problem. I was waitin for a day to buy enough diesel and put on generator inorder to do a new windows installation. I pray it works cos u wld have saved me the stress of a new windows installation.
Re: [usb Device Not Recognised] After I Disinfectd My Pc Due To Explorer .exe Trojan by UNLEASHED(m): 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2008
@ Maleeq,
Thanks so much man, I added it to my registry though it worked but instead of two "My Documents" windows, now it's opening only one.
Re: [usb Device Not Recognised] After I Disinfectd My Pc Due To Explorer .exe Trojan by dragnet: 10:01pm On Aug 12, 2008
Maleeq:

(All scripts, as is, attached to my posts are certified by me to pose no threat to your system )

Cheers!

I CONCUR smiley

I applied mine minutes ago and it worked fine. . . . . thanks man!!!!!! wink
Re: [usb Device Not Recognised] After I Disinfectd My Pc Due To Explorer .exe Trojan by Maleeq(m): 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2008
@dragnet

No shakin!

@UNLEASHED
It seems the entry was replicated at both the user and machine level. I have attached an updated file to this post. It should fix it totally this time . . . hopefully  grin

Cheers!

Re: [usb Device Not Recognised] After I Disinfectd My Pc Due To Explorer .exe Trojan by SpirtMan(m): 2:59pm On Aug 13, 2008
This is a common problem, that happens when the USB 1.0 and USB 2.0 is miss configured in the system BIOS. During your next reboot go into your BIOS settings and make sure that the USB option is set to Auto or Compatible. This will automatically tell the computer to switch to the USB version that your using, or you can the Load Default BIOS settings and then try again. Good luck!

(1) (Reply)

A Fairly Used Laptop Urgently Needed In Ibadan / Unlock Your Huawei Modem For Free Here / Www.nigerianwebhosts.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.