Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,787 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf (118132 Views)

Let's Get To Know More Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf(vernonia Amygdalina) / 9 Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf - No 1 Will Suprise You! / Health Benefits Of Bitter Kola: A Very Powerful Body Detoxiffyer.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf by tayben015(f): 5:51pm On Aug 09, 2008
THE HEALTH BENEFIT OF BITTER LEAF
It is known by everybody, it grows every where and it is a homely plant. The igbo calls it onugbo, the Yoruba calls it ewuro and the hausa calls it shiwaka. Bitterleaf mostly is esed mostly as a vegetable in igbo land while the Yoruba use it more as a medicine. The fact is that bitter herbs are good for the body. Bitter herbs helps to tone the vital organs of the body, especially the largest organ of the body. Bitter leaves should always be taken fresh. Nigerians eat a lot of bitterleaf, but they often squeeze out the bitterness from the leaves before eating it. What is left then, is mere chaff, with little or no medicinal value. The following are some of the uses of bitter leaf.
1. STOMACH ACHE
Chew the tender stem of the plant like chewing stick and swallow the bitterness. This is a well known remedy for stomachaches. In some cases, the ache stops within a few minutes. An alternative is to pound the fresh leaves in a mortar and press out the juice. Add a pinch of salt to three tablespoons of the undiluted juice and drink. This brings immediate relief.
2. SKIN INFECTION
For skin infections such as ringworm, itching, rashes and eczema, the pure, undiluted extract of bitter leaf is excellent. Simply apply it to the affected part daily.
3. DIABETES
4. LOSS OF MEMORY
5. PROSTATE CANCER
6. GENERAL WEAKNESS
7. STROKE
8. PNEUMONIA
9. INSOMIA
10. ARTHRITIS
To mention a few. If you want directions as to how to use bitter leaf for treatment of the diseases mentioned above, please don’t hesitate to send me a mail to this address:- goodhealthforall@yahoo.com.thanks

1 Like

Re: The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf by ifyalways(f): 9:38pm On Aug 09, 2008
LOL
bitterleaf kwa?now am dying for a bowl of "ofe onugbo"  grin
Re: The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf by sistajay(f): 11:07pm On Aug 09, 2008
I shall carry on usin bitter leaf in my egusi soup.
Re: The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf by ifyalways(f): 1:23am On Aug 11, 2008
sista-jay:

I shall carry on usin bitter leaf in my egusi soup.
u can say that again kiss Egusi cudnt have been more better wink
Re: The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf by pharmapre(m): 7:01pm On Feb 29, 2012
Bitter leaf can also be used for diabetes. Diabetics should listen carefully to this good news. No need to despair or lose hope. God has not abandoned them. God has given bitter leaves as a sign of love and care of God.

Prescription Drugs

1 Like

Re: The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf by moscoleee: 8:31am On Mar 03, 2012
Bitter leaf can also be used for diabetes. Diabetics should listen carefully to this good news. No need to despair or lose hope. God has not abandoned them. God has given bitter leaves as a sign of love and care of God.
Re: The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf by Gift222: 6:38pm On Feb 09, 2013
shocked ;DGOD ve bn gud 2 us, all dat He made is gud. Even OnuGbo...
Re: The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf by ibietela2(m): 2:09pm On Feb 12, 2013
Thanks for this... I have similar post on one of my blog that i sold
Re: The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf by nisunayomi: 8:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
Am thanking u pple for bringing dis topic on bitter leaf. I think am a living testimony i had severe pms (premenstral syndrome) after taking the drug the doc pres.I cannot still feel better den I took my blackberry I started to check similar topics den I came across our own bitter leaf .pple kal it bitter leaf but I will kal it saving bitters.I started taking bitter leaf juice since jan. 2013 .since den it has been bye bye to some many ailment in my life including weight.so pls am advice pple to start a new with dis saving bitters.
Re: The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf by Agrika: 7:28pm On May 15, 2013
As for its use in allevating stomach ache i can relate with that, i have been using bitterleaf since the age of 15 to tackle menstrual pains.
Re: The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf by JomecsG: 11:47am On Aug 16, 2013
tel me more of it
Re: The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf by bubbleforth: 12:49pm On Jul 14, 2014
I've also read it somewhere, but can't find the link now, that it's good for fibroid treatment too. You could also see this: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/USAAfricaDialogue/NF3-SkFZwxs

Re: The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf by naijainfogalery: 4:38pm On Dec 31, 2014
For bitter leaf and and alafia bitters click here http://www.nigerianfoods.com/search?type=product&q=bitter+leaf
Re: The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf by tpiadotcom: 5:30am On Jun 20, 2015
what's the effect or interaction of bitter leaf on cholesterol, eg when you cook it with egusi?

does it lower it?
Re: The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 14, 2016
Maybe that's the composition of herbal bitters!
Re: The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf by CallMeNJay: 9:04pm On Jan 01, 2017
Very Informative.

See

TOP 6 HEALTH BENEFITS OF BITTER LEAF (VERNONIA AMYGDALINA)

here
http://healthmote.com/top-6-health-benefits-bitter-leaf-vernonia-amygdalina/
Bitter Leaf Plant – Used For Tea, Soup, Juice, Drinks and Has Great Nutritional Value And Health Benefits

Check this article
http://healthmote.com/top-6-health-benefits-bitter-leaf-vernonia-amygdalina/

Nice read

Re: The Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf by jbblues24(m): 5:16am On May 31, 2019

(1) (Reply)

How I Found Out I Was HIV Positive!!! / Doctor Sleeps With Married Lady During Abortion While Husband Waits Outside / British Man Who Lost Penis To Blood Infection Has New One Built On His Arm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.