Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Between Our Mothers And Our Girlfriends - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Between Our Mothers And Our Girlfriends (1446 Views)

Three Men Died Saving Their Girlfriends During Movie Theater Shooting / Single Mothers And Their Challenges.your Views Are Needed / Should We Always Confined In Our Mothers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Between Our Mothers And Our Girlfriends by morzook(m): 12:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
I am a twentieth century kid: the nobility of the sixties, the emancipation of the seventies, the corruption of the eighties and the
moral decadence of the nineties are nothing but history to me. However the two-thousands, this new age that we live in, are experiences to me and I can say that I am a part of it.

Money and sex rule this age.

We are exposed to it all the time; on the street, on TV, on the internet, amongst our friends and even in our sleep. The images of
scantily dressed ladies with their breasts begging for attention are now an indispensable part of our psyche. We get embarrassed by them,
ladies who think it uncool to keep their cleavages under their clothes. Modesty has gone to the dogs. Now, padded bras and fake bums
are the fad. Showy misrepresentation of bodily parts, the need to make them bigger just so that we men can lose our senses while ogling at
those enhanced assets, is the norm.

And the social media isn’t helping.

Log into your social media account and you’d be appalled at some of the things you’d be confronted with. I just sincerely hope that God
wouldn’t judge us by what we see with our eyes and ultimately, later, in our minds.

I have more to say about provocative dressings and what it does to us men but I wouldn’t want to digress too much from the main topic of
this writing: Between Our Mothers and Our Girlfriends.

As young men, we often want our girlfriends to be like our mothers –if our mothers are good- and seeing these new age ‘babes’: the posh babes
who think being ‘fair’ is cool, owns a smart phone, desires to date only rich guys and live like a queen bee. I cringe to think how such
girls would grow up to be good mothers and extensively think about how morally decadent the next generation –our offsprings- would be.

I don’t think our mothers thought it right, as girls these days think it cool to date multiple guys. It was rarely heard of then, according
to what I learned, to see a young woman dating multiple guys at the same time. Now, every girl has a backup and a USB guy (the one who’d
come in when the backup fails) and some even have several USBs. As someone who doesn’t talk much, I often lurk in the shadows and watch.
I can categorically say it today that the world, our sense of morality, is fast going down the drain.

When a girl can comfortably have sex with two guys at the same time, when a girl can date more than four guys in a single year –I know a
few who have-, when a young girl believes that covering the entire part of the female body would be seen as being cold and backward, when
young ladies believe it isn’t morally reprehensible to hawk their bodies for a fee and fancify the act as ‘aristo’ or ‘olosho’ –ashawo
na ashawo abeg- , I think it wouldn’t be farfetched if I started weeping for the future generations now.

Since it wasn’t like this in times past, I think it would get worse in times to come.

The values we saw in our mothers, we might never see in our wives. We were a generation fed on food scooped from the pot into our plates. I
think we are going to grow on takeaways and microwaved meals. I fear our kids would see their mothers, not like we saw ours, modest, well
dressed women, but as smart phone totting women who would have more interests in their phones and other gadgets than in their kids.

From the little I’ve seen, I think our girlfriends would grow up to be unlike our mothers: they wouldn’t dress modestly like them, wouldn’t
respect their husbands enough, wouldn’t even hold the institution that is marriage as sanctifying as our mothers did.

I see a generation of wives who’d smoke in our presence –cigarette better; you need to see how girls smoke igbo-, wives who’d include
Hennessy in the list of necessities for the home, wives who’d excuse their not cooking because ‘there was an interesting show on TV. Would
you mind goldenmorn?’

Now, before anyone start cussing me out for generalisation, I’d like to say that I am not generalising but only basing my thoughts on
observations. Of course, you are different –rolls eyes- but this is how MOST twentieth century babes are.

To the guys, would you honestly be comfortable with your partner if you knew she’d had more than five sex partners? Sex these days, isn’t
about commitment or love, for some girls it is a pastime, you know, just like soccer is to us. I don’t think our mothers would sleep with
a guy if they didn’t think he’d marry them but babes of nowadays would sleep with a guy they’d only met on BBM in about two weeks. They might have a stable relationship somewhere but the sense of adventure would keep them looking for more fun and when that fun ends, they’d return to you, the regular guy, and act all saintly.

I think the internet and social media, BBM especially, in the main rust that ruptured the pipe of morality. It exposed our girls to the
type of freedom they hadn’t been used to and they allowed it to get into their heads. Some babes have been using smart phones for many
years but you’d never see them on Wikipedia or CNN or catch them reading about topics that would improve their knowledge. You’d only
find them on gossip blogs, dating sites, facebook and googling ‘how to give head.’

For me, I look out for intelligence in girls. When I mention Einstein in our discussions, I want my girl to be able to know who he was. I
like my girl to be on the same intellectual pedestal –greater would be cool- as me. I don’t expect her to tell me the year Dostoyevsky died
or the year Hiroshima was bombed but I at least expect her to know that Dostoyevsky was a writer and that Hiroshima was a place in Japan.

To me, intelligence is sexy but I fear that I might not find it in my wife. Rather, my wife would adore Beyonce and wouldn’t know who
Chimamanda is. My wife would scream when she sees Peter of P Square’s abs and not my own potbelly. My wife, that twentieth century babe that I might marry, wouldn’t, regrettably, know the difference between a
mule and a donkey.

Guys of these age aren’t absolved from the decadence, too, but their matter na another time. I’d stop here for now and should you have
diverging opinions to what I wrote, leave your comments below.

Morzook is a struggling writer. You can follow him on twitter @morzook
and on facebook.com/morzook and on BBM: 27AE508F

1 Like

Re: Between Our Mothers And Our Girlfriends by Ishilove: 11:37pm On Jan 09, 2014
Lol grin

You will find her googling 'how to give head'

She will scream at the sight of P'square's abs and not your own potbelly.

Rotfl!! cheesy cheesy

I will definitely scream at the sight of your potbelly... A scream of horror grin tongue

I am tempted to google 'how to give head', but I am worried that it might actually have hits. embarassed. I mean, how can any reasonable person google that nonsense? shocked
Re: Between Our Mothers And Our Girlfriends by Ishilove: 11:42pm On Jan 09, 2014
What is the difference between a mule and a donkey??

A mule is stubborn, mean and ugly while donkey is long suffering, patient and stoopid... Right? embarassed undecided

(1) (Reply)

Robber Electrocuted At Iju / Butt Pad Or Squats?? / IT Training In Ajah, Lekki Phaze 1, Victoria Island, Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.