Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? (1752 Views)

I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni / The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) / Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:50pm On Jan 09, 2014
Muslim or non Muslim tho Muslim dominate in that trend.

Northerners or non northerners
this is ridiculous, I know some non fulani muslims feel like fulani brought Islam to them so they must b loyal and lick their boots.

The most annoying thing is how these non fulani sing hymns praising the so called "Fulani beauty" like wth ?

I don't want to shock my pal fulaman but you people should have some pride and grow so b*
Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by Fulaman198(m): 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Muslim or non Muslim tho Muslim dominate in that trend.

this is ridiculous, I know some non fulani muslims feel like fulani brought Islam to them so they must b loyal and lick their boots.

The most annoying thing is how these non fulani sing hymns praising the so called "Fulani beauty" like wth ?

I don't want to shock my pal fulaman but you people should have some pride and grow so b*

I'm curious lol how do we sing :-p? I'm sorry that we all can't be good Fulani singers like Baaba Maal. Though I think I sing pretty well.

With that said, I don't really think people worship us in Nigeria.
Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by Adamskuty(m): 4:44pm On Jan 09, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Muslim or non Muslim tho Muslim dominate in that trend.

what are u saying? Maybe in cameroon but definatly not in nigeria.

They are more northerners in nigeria than southerners thou!

Next time do a lil investigation before posting trash angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by Adamskuty(m): 8:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
Utter crap and gibberish!

Should i deny who i actually am?

Yes,my great grand-dad is hausa/fulani man who came to kogi.state,my father and i were born here,so what's the biggy

And what has that got to do with being handsome? Lmfaooo! So to here every fulanis are handsome? grin (i'm seeing the signs of inferiority )

U got issues,nigga.

Maybe in ur cameroon,u guys have inferiority complex

i remeber that cameroonian girl,what's her name again,nayah.. O yes,nayah. How she was going all around posting pixs of blue eyes cameroonians saying cameroonians mixs alot with fulanis grin grin

so in order words she see's her kind as ugly and the only goodlooking one are mixed with fulanis.. Interesting! grin
Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by Adamskuty(m): 8:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
But firstly.. Igala is my adopted tribe/ethnicity.,i know u are a pagan,so there's no use talking to u,but i'll try.

My case is the same with how some nigeriens migrate into nigeria,marry and give birth here.

Yes their children will see themselves as Nigerians more like an adopted country but won't forget who they truly are..

Actually the work of jihadist is to spread the message of islam,either u accept or reject,they wont force u and not some kind of molester like u earliar said.. Cameroonian.pagan
Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:35pm On Jan 09, 2014
Well keep living in denial this is not an argument.
Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by Adamskuty(m): 8:38pm On Jan 09, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Well keep living in denial this is not an argument.

what denial pls?
Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:40pm On Jan 09, 2014
Do you know how many northerners have to answer(create fulani/Hausa ancestry) Hausa-fulani for gov appointments? Do you know how many will never speak their language but fluently speak Hausa?

Quit talking shit .

Fulani are not known for having blue eyes so stop lying she never said that, what she said was that they are not mixed but have blue eyes . Tho I don't care I felt like correcting you .
Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by Adamskuty(m): 8:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Do you know how many northerners have to answer(create fulani/Hausa ancestry) Hausa-fulani for gov appointments? Do you know how many will never speak their language but fluently speak Hausa?

Quit talking shit .

Fulani are not known for having blue eyes so stop lying she never said that, what she said was that they are not mixed but have blue eyes . Tho I don't care I felt like correcting you .

but wait a minute,do u know they are the majority in nigeria? So they will have more representative in govt.

U haven't steped foot in nigeria before so stop talking nonsense,any non hausa person that can speak hausa fluently was either given birth to and brought up in the north as simple as that!

And yes she said something like thing,i will try everything possible to find the thread and copy her post here,she actually said that.

(i laughed and ignored it when i saw that grin )
Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by Adamskuty(m): 8:49pm On Jan 09, 2014
And there's a video that ajuran shared with me about a cameroonian lady saying somalis look better than them shocked saying she wish she was somali.bla.bla.bla!

inferiority complex at its best,i felt embarrassed when i saw that,but as a guy that dont easily accept defeat grin i found a way to change the topic

modified

here's the video ajuran used to bring shame on my face

Ajuran: even this cameroonian girl says people think somalis/ethiopians are better looking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tigg4zHkqE
Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 9:29pm On Jan 09, 2014
This about fulani not one Cameroonian voicing her opinion tho you can still open a thread about her .

Why is the sultan/emir of sokoto the leaders of muslims in Nigeria? You probably know that an igala Muslim can't break the fast or declare the moon

And Fulani are not the majority I don't know where you get that from . What you are doing is defending your masters and detailing the topic.
Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by Adamskuty(m): 9:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: This about fulani not one Cameroonian voicing her opinion tho you can still open a thread about her .

Why is the sultan/emir of sokoto the leaders of muslims in Nigeria? You probably know that an igala Muslim can't break the fast or declare the moon

And Fulani are not the majority I don't know where you get that from . What you are doing is defending your masters and detailing the topic.
lool! What a joke grin that cameroonian message says alot about cameroonians in general grin

hausa/fulani is by far the largest ethnic group in nigeria,u know nothing!

Well they are my people as well as that's were my ancestry is from (claiming nothing cool ) and not my "masters" ,so stop typing trash.

The sultan of sokoto has always being the leader of muslims in nigeria right from ancient time,before 1914.. There were two nigeria.

Northern nigeria (predominatly muslims and 90percent hausa/fulanis). So it's right those who make up the majority rules,even borno state which once had the kanem-bornu empire,home of the kanuris,who are muslims themselves weren't conquered by fulanis and have being muslims before the coming of usman dan fodio undecided

so the sultan of sokoto is the leader of muslims because they are the majority!

And we had southern nigeria as a single country as well(there were few muslims in southern nigeria by 1914).

So when nigeria came together as one country,u don't expect them to change the leadership of the muslims because of that. and southerners began accepting islam especially the yorubas

And who told u can igala or anyother person can't break the fast? grin u break fast when it's sun..set,as simple as that!
Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:17am On Jan 10, 2014
where in the quran muslims are supposed to have a leader based on what you said, see this slave justifying Fulani hegemony and leadership on all Nigerian muslims ,smh ..going by your logic arabs are your leaders right? dude you are brainwashed and you represent exactly what i'm talking about.
Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:24am On Jan 10, 2014
stop making a fool of yourself. my thread is about Fulani not hausa and Fulani are not the largest group in Nigeria. stop spewing trash, your ancestry? lma you sound like those BA screaming on time square how they are proud of their Hebrew and white ancestry.. I mean c'mon dude the guys raped , most of Fulani decent(the mixed ones) are results of rapes and invasions , it is not like you are saying that you are proud of Fulani achievements(if any exist) or proud of whatever , but you are proud of your Fulani blood like really? I wish I could see you talk more about igala or you are not proud of that side of your bloodline ?
just like dangote who doesn't know whether is hausa or Fulani .

I can't watch the video , whatever she said in that video concerns her and not us as a country or as a nation, somalian/ethiopan is used as an insult in Cameroonn, many have never met a somalian except on T.v or when schools collect money to feed them.
Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by Adamskuty(m): 7:50am On Jan 10, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: where in the quran muslims are supposed to have a leader based on what you said, see this slave justifying Fulani hegemony and leadership on all Nigerian muslims ,smh ..going by your logic arabs are your leaders right? dude you are brainwashed and you represent exactly what i'm talking about. [/s]
this nigga is totally insane!

Wtf! U got inferiority complex u and u are the slave here,moda'fvcker!

Who told u the sultan of sokot is fulani,m0ron?

Stfu and listen to ur mister,idi0t..

See cameroon idol worshipper i've being taking it easy on u,u should be concern about ur own country,mind ur own business and stop spewing trash on this forum.

It's non of ur Goddamn business who we choose to be leader,u m0ronic mongrel.

Get this into ur thick skull,it has being like that since ages,afterall they brought islam to nigeria.

And one more thing u annoying cameroonian idol worshipper,arabs nor fulanis ain't my leader.
Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by Adamskuty(m): 7:59am On Jan 10, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: [s]stop making a fool of yourself. my thread is about Fulani not hausa and Fulani are not the largest group in Nigeria. stop spewing trash, your ancestry? lma you sound like those BA screaming on time square how they are proud of their Hebrew and white ancestry.. I mean c'mon dude the guys raped , most of Fulani decent(the mixed ones) are results of rapes and invasions , it is not like you are saying that you are proud of Fulani achievements(if any exist) or proud of whatever , but you are proud of your Fulani blood like really? I wish I could see you talk more about igala or you are not proud of that side of your bloodline ?
just like dangote who doesn't know whether is hausa or Fulani .

I can't watch the video , whatever she said in that video concerns her and not us as a country or as a nation, somalian/ethiopan is used as an insult in Cameroonn, many have never met a somalian except on T.v or when schools collect money to feed them.
dummy! I said hausa/fulani (together) are the largest ethnic group in nigeria,they usually do put them together.

But if we are to get seperatly,they are the 4th largest in nigeria.

R@pe? This cameroonian pagan is mad,it's official!

U are dumb,confused and mentally ill grin

this nigga is dumb, majority fulanis are nomadic,they might decide to come to a new town,settle down and marry the locals,m0ron do u in anyway no the difference btn marrying/giving birth and r@pe?

Show me one article where a fulanis r@ped someone in nigeria,dumbfvck.

It will be better if u take ur insecurities to ur cameroonian forum,if u guys even had one.

Take ur preaching there,ur people need it the more and stop displaying ur madness here as a result of eating monkey meats
Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by Adamskuty(m): 8:09am On Jan 10, 2014
Lool! grin

so usman dan fodio also emarked on jihad in cameroon as well and conquered them easily,nigga talking trash as if his people are an exception. Bull sh1t!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulani_War
Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by Adamskuty(m): 8:19am On Jan 10, 2014
Take ur issues to ur people,nigguh!
They need it more than we do,idol worshipper!

Cameroon's flourishing Islam, exemplary Muslims
Sheikh Mohamed Malik Farouk, the chief imam of Douala, said many Cameroonians were embracing Islam because of the exemplary behavior exhibited by local Muslims.

Islam is one of the fastest growing religions in the world, and Cameroon is no exception.
In the coastal city of Douala, Cameroon's economic capital, local Muslims build a new mosque at least every two years to accommodate with the growing number of believers.
"The expansion of existing mosques and building of new mosques clearly shows that Islam is growing very fast in Douala and Cameroon in general," Sheikh Mohamed Malik Farouk, the chief imam of Douala, told Andolu Agency in an exclusive interview.
"Alhamdulillah [thank God] we have now many mosques for Friday prayers in Douala and this is a sign of the growth of Islam," he added.
The Muslim religious leader said although Islam was first introduced in Cameroon in the 1800’s, it only came to Douala in 1922 after Muslims from northern Cameroon and foreign traders came to the coastal city.
"The first big mosque was built in 1922," recalled Sheikh Farouk, adding that the number has increased significantly over the years.

"In Douala alone we have over 90 mosques and about 500,000 Muslims out of the 3 million population of the city."
On Friday, a special ceremony was organized in Malaape Mosque to inaugurate Sheikh Ahmed Babikir as a new imam.
The colorful occasion was attend by over 20 members of the Muslim traditional association who represent several tribes in the region.
The traditional elders dressed Babikir in Muslim headgear as a sign of his installation as an imam.
He was also given a copy of the holy Quran to use for guidance in conducting his daily activities.
According to the CIA Factbook, Muslims constitute about 20 percent of Cameroon's total population of 20.5 million.
Most of them live in northern Cameroon and hail from major tribes such as the Fulani and the Peuhl.
Muslims in Cameroon are mostly engaged in trade and own large businesses in the African country.
Unlike in other African countries,
the Cameroonian Constitution provides for freedom of religion and the government generally respects this right in practice.
Exemplary Muslims
The chief imam of Douala boasts that whenever they ask the local community to help build a Muslim school or mosque Muslims always donate generously.
Like the followers of other faiths, Cameroonian Muslims run schools, hospitals and other community uplifting projects.
Sheikh Farouk said many Cameroonians were also embracing Islam because of the exemplary behavior exhibited by local Muslims.
"Muslims here conduct themselves morally well. They treat their non-Muslim neighbors with respect," he asserted.
"They also don’t engage in any immorally activities, which has attracted many non-Muslims to our faith," added the local religious leader.
"Many people who want to live a clean life from drugs, alcohol and casual sex, which could lead to HIV, are rushing to join the faith."
Sheikh Farouk asserted that Muslims in Cameroon live peacefully with their non-Muslims compatriots.
"Despite our huge population, we have never had a religious conflict with any community in Cameroon," he noted.
In Cameroon, mosques and churches are often located near each other in a sign of religious tolerance.
"As imams we always preach unity, solidarity and brotherhood," said Sheikh Farouk.
"We tell our believers to treat their non-Muslim neighbors with respect and that’s the example the people of Central African Republic need to emulate."

http://www.worldbulletin.net/?aType=haber&ArticleID=125018

i see the leader of muslims in cameroon is a fulani person,they brought their religion to y'all after conquering ur kind! grin

this is quite serious,they even own ur businesses,lands and everything..------the fulanis of cameroon grin
Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
Most slaves don't know they are slave and are always quick to defend their masters ? Lmao Cameroon a Muslim country dude you are high Muslim represent 18% of our population ? Fulani in Cameroon are less than 12% what is this one barking about?

Like I said northern minorities have been freed 30years ago . Our first president was a Muslim fulani dictators, he oppressed them today all that is over, which land or business do they own? Fulani in Cameroon? Humm anyway like I said before you need to stop worshiping backwards people in this day and age
About the jihad first of voice I'm not from the north my ethnic group defeated those fulani in many battles today we are 99% Christian yet both regions(centre and Adamaoua are neighbors) why did Islam didn't come to us if they waged any jihad on us ? God forbid , Islam is a taboo among my people.

Further it wasn't Dan fodio piss b upon him but modibo adama and his jihad was stopped in Adamaoua( which neighbor adamWa Nigeria side )

The rest is you spewing rubbish, you are running in the bag , did I tell you I have something against Muslims? Why is that sultan of sokoto not the leader of Cameroonian Muslim since Islam came from there? Dude get educated you are actually wasting my time going in every direction like a headless chicken .

I repeat Islam is decreasing in Cameroon I don't expect a sheikh to say otherwise a country which two popes visited? Making 4 papal visits? Christianity is so much that we can close churches .
Maybe you take Cameroon for Nigeria where people have to change their names to Arabic one and speak Hausa to have political appointment? Lol funny goon
Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2014
Adamskuty: dummy! I said hausa/fulani (together) are the largest ethnic group in nigeria,they usually do put them together.

But if we are to get seperatly,they are the 4th largest in nigeria.

R@pe? This cameroonian pagan is mad,it's official!

U are dumb,confused and mentally ill grin

this nigga is dumb, majority fulanis are nomadic,they might decide to come to a new town,settle down and marry the locals,m0ron do u in anyway no the difference btn marrying/giving birth and r@pe?

Show me one article where a fulanis r@ped someone in nigeria,dumbfvck.
Funny enough they never want to go separately,lol @ fulani being the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria.

It will be better if u take ur insecurities to ur cameroonian forum,if u guys even had one.

Take ur preaching there,ur people need it the more and stop displaying ur madness here as a result of eating monkey meats

The title of the thread is clear enough, I'm talking about fulani maybe you have reading or comprehension issues.
Don't worry we will free you sooner or later .
I weep for you but freeing you is a task that must b done .

I hope you don't think your pseudo insults on paganism etc are affecting me ? In Cameroon we have what is called freedom of religion and we are not battling against kanuri or fulani extremist because they are powerless. You think stuff like Sharia can happen in Cameroon? Wake up dude you are an Arab and a fulani slave lol@ sultan of sokoto being the leader of Muslim in Nigeria ah ah
Re: Why Do People Worship Fulani In Nigeria? by Fulaman198(m): 7:00pm On Jan 10, 2014
Closing useless thread

(1)

If You're Igbo But Not From Delta State Then You Need To Watch This Short Video / Cultural Differences / Lawyers Please Advise On How My Deceased Father’s Property Can Be Shared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.