Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Is Painful Childbirth A Specific Curse From God For Eating The Apple? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Painful Childbirth A Specific Curse From God For Eating The Apple? (705 Views)

A Muslim Woman Embarrassed Me For Eating With My Left Hand / Specific Biblical Prayers For Interpreted Dreams / Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Painful Childbirth A Specific Curse From God For Eating The Apple? by huxley(m): 9:04pm On Aug 09, 2008
Did god specifically and deliberately inflict the pain of childbirth on women? Well, according to Genesis 3: 16, he did;

16 To the woman he said, "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."

If this is true, this is the most savage of designs from the our supposed designer. Worldwide thousands of women and children die in the child-bearing process. Was this a justified punishment for eating an apple? Why would a loving god inflict such intolerable pain on innocent children?
Re: Is Painful Childbirth A Specific Curse From God For Eating The Apple? by mazaje(m): 9:42pm On Aug 09, 2008
most christains and moslems dont really understand what the word love means.

1 Like

Re: Is Painful Childbirth A Specific Curse From God For Eating The Apple? by huxley(m): 9:44am On Aug 10, 2008
Next time you see a Christian woman in the pain labour, these words might be of some great consolation to her.

(1) (Reply)

Instances Of When You Think It Is Over And God Intervene At The Last Minute / Sexual Creativity In Marriage Boosts Spiritual Connection With Your Spouse / Learn Some New Bible Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.