Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Nigerian Bank Customers Soon Able To Deposit In Accounts From Any Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Bank Customers Soon Able To Deposit In Accounts From Any Bank (677 Views)

Bank Customers Boycott Banks On #nobankingday (photos) / N50 Stamp Duty Imposed On Bank Customers By FG / How Many Will Be Able To Withdraw Money If Atms Did This (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Bank Customers Soon Able To Deposit In Accounts From Any Bank by jayflex: 7:06pm On Jan 09, 2014
Nigeria's premier electronic switching company, Interswitch Limited, is set to take advantage of the cashless policy to make life even easier for the banking public. This is courtesy of its partnership with an cashless banking backbone agency, Beyond Branches.

The impact of this latest "igede" is simple. People who need to make deposits in a particular bank need not labour or journey to locate their own bank to make the payments or deposit cash. They can pay money into any bank and the account will be credited. Simple as ABC! This is similar to being able to withdraw cash from ATM machines whether it belongs to your bank or not with no extra charge. Imagine lower transport costs, shorter journeys, and avoidance of banks with notoriously long queues among other benefits.

http://kizarofaro..com/2014/01/nigerian-bank-customers-soon-free-to.html

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bank Customers Soon Able To Deposit In Accounts From Any Bank by coalcoal1(m): 8:01pm On Jan 09, 2014
this sounds really interesting. how true is this please? and when is this likely to take effect? I presently do most of my banking with GTB and the queues could be crazy
Re: Nigerian Bank Customers Soon Able To Deposit In Accounts From Any Bank by jayflex: 8:12pm On Jan 09, 2014
coal_coal: this sounds really interesting. how true is this please? and when is this likely to take effect? I presently do most of my banking with GTB and the queues could be crazy

This is very true and it will take off soon. The people at Beyond Branches are trying to get it started as soon as possible. Its good business for them at the end of the day. There will be a service charge of course wink

(1) (Reply)

Learners Are Leaders - Are You A Newbie In Network Marketing? / How Rubber Stamps Can Make Your Business Stand Out / For D Past One One Month Business Is General Dry In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.