Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

5 Profitable Businesses A Student Can Venture Into On Campus - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Profitable Businesses A Student Can Venture Into On Campus (888 Views)

Top 20 Lucrative Businesses In Nigeria That Make Millions Of Naira / setting up a Cooking Gas Home Delivery Business.....highly Profitable / Profitable Businesses You Can Start On The Internet With Just N2000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Profitable Businesses A Student Can Venture Into On Campus by planbbiz(m): 7:24pm On Jan 09, 2014
5 Profitable Businesses A Student Can Venture Into On Campus

Few days back, a smart Nigerian undergraduate asked a question on a popular online forum that goes thus: ‘’Which Business Can a Student Venture into on Campus?’’, and as far as I know, this is something that is bothering a lot of students, especially those from less-privileged homes. One point the undergraduate made that caught my attention was the fact that he actually want to start a business in order to reduce his level of financial dependence on his mum…and that is a great idea!
I have also been asked several times by students about businesses they can engage in on campus. In that case, I have taken the time to summarize some good business opportunities students can venture into on campus that won’t disturb their academics:
1. Small Scale Online Importation
Look around the campus and think about what other students and lecturers alike need but not readily available (or may be available but quite expensive) and provide it for them with ease. Also look around for what they purchase most…things they cannot do without. This is what most fail-proof businesses are based on -: identifying a need, and fulfilling it competitively. For example, someone I know just sent from the UK, USB drives to an undergraduate student. She bought them at N950 each, and she is reselling at her campus for between N1,800 - N2,000. And students and lecturers who need it are buying. You can also do the same thing. This is just one of the numerous examples available. Because I do engage in this business personally, one of these days, I will compile a report on how to start shipping cheap but good quality items (such as flash drives, computers/laptops, phones, shoes, bags, clothes, electronics, etc) from China, US and UK with as very little capital as 15k and be making multiple of your capital as return on a monthly basis. This depends on how enterprising you are though (you can drop me a mail at thinkplanb1@gmail.om if you are interested). Think of other stuffs you can import that your friends and colleagues do normally buy. This kind of business can’t affect your academics as it mostly done on part-time basis.

2. Branding Business
In recent times, branding and customisation business is becoming highly profitable and less stressful. People now brand a lot of stuffs ranging from clothes, bracelets, shoes, bags and so on. This is a huge opportunity for students on campus. You do not even need to know about this business before engaging in it as you can become a broker linking customers (your colleagues) with the designer. Being a social person will help you in this business. Yours is to scout around for business on campus and add your commission to the bill, then get a reliable designer and printer to handle the job. Talk to your friends in different departments for customized shirts for their Departmental Parties and other celebrations of such on campus. Once you get one or two jobs and you handle it successfully, you will become trusted and popular. You will never realize how profitable this business is until you start it. Try it out!

3. Blogging
For as long as people make use of the internet, blogging will continue to be a profitable venture. If you have passion for writing, you can start blogging about interesting topics around your campus. You can start blogging about happenings within your campus. Information from faculty to faculty, and so on. When the blog becomes popular among students, you can monetize it in so many ways. E.g. – you can package an ebook about how students can apply for scholarship locally and internationally and sell it for a fee. Whether you sell this or not, dear, be rest assured that some students waste hours daily searching for scholarship info online. So, don’t even think they won’t want to pay you for the information. Secondly, you can package an ebook for sale on ‘How to Study Abroad Tuition-free’’. I will also make sure I elaborate on this in a later post. You can as well drop me a mail at thinkplanb1@gmail.com if you are interested in this idea and you need my help in any way.

4. Freelance Marketing
If you have a BB or have access to BBM and you make use of the social media very well, you can become a freelance marketer. There are people and organizations that pay for referring leads to them or actual buyers who make a purchase of something they’re selling. Good examples of what to market on freelance basis include; Apartments, Land, Cars and Industrial machinery and so on. The only but in this kind of business is just that you have to verify whatever you are marketing and make sure it is genuine. You also have to learn the ropes here and be patient because one good deal could put a lot of money in your pocket.

5. Computer Engineering Services

If you know how to repair computer/laptops and you are a student on campus, you should not be complaining of lack of money. Because of heavy use of computers by students, they do frequently need someone to help them service, format or repair them. All you need to do is to make your service known to people. You can get paid for helping other students install applications such as the latest antivirus on their systems. If you have good computer skills that other people need on campus, please don’t be shy to request to be paid for offering your skill. You could make more money than you can imagine.
If you need help starting any of the businesss ideas above, you can reply to this post below or drop a mail to thinkplanb1@gmail.com.

Yours!
Mr Plan B

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

KPMG Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Who Can Link Me Up To an Audit Firm As A Trainee / Total Integrated Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.