Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Mike Adenuga's Absence At Glo CAF Awards An Act Of Ego? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mike Adenuga's Absence At Glo CAF Awards An Act Of Ego? (504 Views)

Live Updates 9 Jan: Winners At The 2013 Glo CAF Awards!!! / Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet / 2013 Glo-CAF Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mike Adenuga's Absence At Glo CAF Awards An Act Of Ego? by fleps(m): 10:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
I don't know if I should be angry or not. But I am angry nevertheless! Angry at the way some Nigerians behave and regard people and events; angry at the excessive pride some people nurture when THEY ARE NOTHING! Even when they manage to be what they are, the pump that pushes their ego leaves much to be desired when corporate (or godly) character comes into question.
I'm not particularly happy with some governors who send representatives to NYSC opening ceremonies on camp and they can't honour the event themselves! Are they busy or what?! Was the date fixed to clash or can't you just reschedule? Youths leave their homes to serve the country and happen to find their bearing in the state you govern and yet you don't consider it a whale of an event for you to honour? SMH! However what bleeds the lips of my pen tonight is the absence of Mike Adenuga at the Glo
CAF Awards 2013 that is about to end in few minutes. For an event as prestigeous as it concerns the CONTINENT AFRICA, I expected him to appear in person and make the opening speech but alas, the Head of Corporate Sales shows up, mumbles some rehearsed (more like recited) words and retires to his seat. WHY couldn't Mike Adenuga attend or even make a speech at the event sponsored by GLO. WHY!? I am disappointed. Immensely disappointed! I believe that the value you place on a particular thing determines the limit at which you regard it. Same applies to the work of God! It seems the event holds little value for him or he is too big or busy to attend such events. Except if he is ill, on a trip outside the country or dealing with issues pertaining to family. Mr. (or Chief) Adenuga should have been at the event. #MyTakeThough

(1) (Reply)

FRANCE VS Nigeria(wetin I Go Do If Nigeria Win). / Netherlands Offered Space Trip If They Win FIFA World Cup / Predict: Who Do You Think Will Win 2014 World Cup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.