Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,109 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Atheists On Nairaland: Can U Explain This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists On Nairaland: Can U Explain This? (640 Views)

I Think Atheists On NL Should Be Concerned About Richard Dawking's Retweet / Why There Are So Many Atheists On Nairaland And Beyond. / Are The Atheists On Nairaland Scared Of Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists On Nairaland: Can U Explain This? by Plutarch: 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2014
I have to a reasonable extent been impressed with the scientific explanations atheists and agnostics on Nairaland and elsewhere have been able to give to phenomenon and situations that have hitherto awe most people especially we “superstitious” Africans.
Many months ago, a popular Nolllywood actor popularly known as “Baba Suwe” was detained by NDLEA officials based on scientific/technological evidence that he had ingested some amount of drugs. He was consequently placed on observation with the hope that he will excrete those substances. Like we all know, to the amazement of the NDLEA officials he excreted nothing.
During the period of his detention, news were all over that he was using “African magical powers” to prevent excreting the alleged ingested drugs.
To the convinced atheist on Nairaland who don’t believe in God, gods, spirits, demons and satan, what explanation can you give to this?
The main reason why am bringing this up is because most atheist I know strengthen their convictions based on perceived “inconsistencies” in the Bible, Quran and other religious texts rather than being more open minded. I will like mature and robust contributions.
@MODs, i will be nice if this can make the FP in order to get more contributions and for people to learn.
Re: Atheists On Nairaland: Can U Explain This? by dejt4u(m): 3:42pm On Jan 10, 2014
Did i jst see front page... Na wa oooo
Re: Atheists On Nairaland: Can U Explain This? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 10, 2014
This is no big deal na!
If he didn't excrete it, he didn't ingest it. Simple as ABC.

There is no documented empirical evidence to support the claim of NDLEA that baba suwe ingested any substance, It all could have been a misconception.

Not an atheist though.
Re: Atheists On Nairaland: Can U Explain This? by ninja4life(m): 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
candy: This is no big deal na!

There is no documented empirical evidence to support the claim of NDLEA that baba suwe ingested any substance, It all could have been a misconception.

Not an atheist though.

on point as simple as ABC.am an atheist though cheesy wink
Re: Atheists On Nairaland: Can U Explain This? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 10, 2014
candy: This is no big deal na!

Not an atheist though.

Great point.

(1) (Reply)

The Number One Priority Of Life / Ebola:handshake Which Signifies `sign Of Peace' No More Allowed In Cath.church / New Yam Festivals In Igbo Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.