Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Should Mikel Have Been Africa's Player Of The Year - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Should Mikel Have Been Africa's Player Of The Year (549 Views)

Robin Van Persie Named PFA Player Of The Year / PFA Player Of The Year Award 2011/2012 Nominees / Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Mikel Have Been Africa's Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
[b]In this instance, it is important for CAF to clarify the conditions of the voting. If the award is to recognise the most successful or most influential performer of the year, then Mikel should feel disappointed to have missed out and Nigerians can rightly cultivate the sense of injustice that they inevitably will.

The award, however, is to recognise Africa’s finest player; it becomes hard to look too far beyond Yaya.

The Ivorian may not have been at his best over 2013 and he may not have lifted any silverware, but he remains Africa’s standout talent. He is the player capable of performing like no other, of dominating contests like no other and of performing more consistently than any other.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4082/editorial/2014/01/10/4533194/yaya-toure-cafs-rightful-player-of-the-year

So the author wants Nigerians to believe that Mikel has a better year but because Yaya has the capability of playing football better than Mikel, he deserves the award.

How come the finest player is the career and Jay Jay Okocha who had the most capability in Africa didn't win it up to 8 times.

#TeamMikel[/b]
Re: Should Mikel Have Been Africa's Player Of The Year by chic2pimp(m): 10:10pm On Jan 10, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: [i][size=12pt]
How come the finest player is the career and Jay Jay Okocha who had the most capability in Africa didn't win it up to 8 times.
#TeamMikel

Simply put Jay Jay barring his twilight years with Bolton was more of a circus performer.
Re: Should Mikel Have Been Africa's Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:15pm On Jan 10, 2014
chic2pimp:

Simply put Jay Jay barring his twilight years with Bolton was more of a circus performer.

The author said the finest player is the criteria and capabilities. Jay Jay for years was Africa's finest with the best capabilities. Any addition defeats the author's reason for Yaya being the best.
Re: Should Mikel Have Been Africa's Player Of The Year by chic2pimp(m): 11:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: The author said the finest player is the criteria and capabilities. Jay Jay for years was Africa's finest with the best capabilities. Any addition defeats the author's reason for Yaya being the best.

No the author is absolutely right and justified in his thinking.

thegoodjoehunt:
The award, however, is to recognise Africa’s finest player; it becomes hard to look too far beyond Yaya.
The Ivorian may not have been at his best over 2013 and he may not have lifted any silverware, but he remains Africa’s standout talent..

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4082/editorial/2014/01/10/4533194/yaya-toure-cafs-rightful-player-of-the-year

How does the Author defeat his own argument?

Is Toure not far and away Africa' so finest? When was Okocha ever Africa's finest? Remind me please?

Is Toure not Africa's stand out talent bare none? Can't remember this ever being the case with Okocha. Again feel free to edjucate me.

thegoodjoehunt: lHe is the player capable of performing like no other, of dominating contests like no other and of performing more consistently than any other.

#TeamMikel

Now this sentence should really put to bed any ill conceived attempt at a debate in favour of Mikel. There is no other player in Africa as I type that same can be said off.
Re: Should Mikel Have Been Africa's Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:53pm On Jan 10, 2014
chic2pimp:

Is Toure not far and away Africa' so finest? When was Okocha ever Africa's finest? Remind me please?

Is Toure not Africa's stand out talent bare none? Can't remember this ever being the case with Okocha. Again feel free to edjucate me.

Now this sentence should really put to bed any ill conceived attempt at a debate in favour of Mikel. There is no other player in Africa as I type that same can be said off.

Understand my point before typing. The author said CAF has not defined the criteria. So how does the author know the criteria to decide the winner?

In Pidgin:

The Oyibo man talk say CAF Big people no make am clear how we go know who win. So how the Oyibo man take sabi who win.
Re: Should Mikel Have Been Africa's Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:57pm On Jan 10, 2014
chic2pimp:

You believe he is right to say Yaya didn't have a good year(2013). That is Yaya wasn't the best player in 2013 but he can play football so he deserves the title.

In Pidgin:
You think say the Oyibo man correct to talk say Yaya no play ball well for 2013 but because in sabi play ball, in deserve the title.

(1) (Reply)

Top3 Is D Only Guarantee 4 Ucl Next Season / Debate: Juventus Or Barcelona – Who Win The Champions League Final? / Goodbye To Man Utd: Van Gaal.waves To Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.