Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,549 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:44 PM

A Second Chance At Life: What Would You Do? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Second Chance At Life: What Would You Do? (1787 Views)

How To View Deleted Nairaland Topics (second Chance) / Candycrush Trick On Getting Life. What Level Are You? / If You Had To Eliminate One Thing In Your Life, What Would It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Second Chance At Life: What Would You Do? by babye(f): 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2006
Hello There!

How many times have you heard it said, "If I had my life to live over again . . . ." This thought was expressed some time ago in a poignant article in a newspaper about the ill, the lonely, the old, the poor and forgotten. One elderly man, who carried his possessions in a borrowed shopping cart and lived in an abandoned warehouse, said, "I feel like Robert Frost felt in one of his poems. 'I'd like to get away from earth awhile and then come back to it and begin over."' And he added, "That's what I’d like to do. I'd sure do better next time."

Few can read the following without feeling it strike a responsive chord:

"I wish that there were some wonderful place

Called the Land of Beginning Again;

Where all our mistakes and all our heartaches

And all our poor selfish grief

Could be dropped like a shabby old coat at the door

And never put on again."

so if you had a second chance at life , would you do things the same? What would you do differently?

For moi, i'd sure like to make better choices, and believe me I have a long history of wrong ones,
Re: A Second Chance At Life: What Would You Do? by ToyM28(f): 12:55pm On Jun 22, 2006
If i had a second chance at life, i'll make sure i warn my frnds about the intended future nd urge dem 2 quit while dey are ahead.

And persoanlly, i wld never say yes 2 some of d things ve said yes 2.
Re: A Second Chance At Life: What Would You Do? by babye(f): 12:58pm On Jun 22, 2006
What intended future? Warn us now, we'd still like to know.
Re: A Second Chance At Life: What Would You Do? by ToyM28(f): 1:08pm On Jun 22, 2006
Lol. well i wish i knew. It was a case of IF
Re: A Second Chance At Life: What Would You Do? by aloib(f): 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2006
i would love to be a lesbian shocked shocked, oya that na joke o

id just make sure i lived my life better than wat i lived initially
Re: A Second Chance At Life: What Would You Do? by ToyM28(f): 2:00pm On Jun 22, 2006
Lol. aloib i know u no dey joke, ve heared it in d way u talk 2 me. grin grin grin grin

*m only jokng oh*
Re: A Second Chance At Life: What Would You Do? by aloib(f): 2:04pm On Jun 22, 2006
joke or no joke, its true shocked, oya lets kick off, lol
Re: A Second Chance At Life: What Would You Do? by ToyM28(f): 2:34pm On Jun 22, 2006
Lol. LMAO.

I knew dats wat u alwayz wanted. J abeg help me oh. Aloib wants 2 love-vendor me now.
Re: A Second Chance At Life: What Would You Do? by jgirl3: 2:36pm On Jun 22, 2006
Aloib, that is badman's private property - no trespassing. Toy is not a lesbian, leave her alone oh
Re: A Second Chance At Life: What Would You Do? by ToyM28(f): 2:43pm On Jun 22, 2006
J tnk u oh, beter tell her well well.
Re: A Second Chance At Life: What Would You Do? by Ka: 3:53pm On Jun 22, 2006
I've thought about this, and I don't think it would make much of a difference. Let me give an example to explain why.

Say in your first life, you decided you wanted to be an musician but your father made you study accounting. You became an accountant, but you realised you hated the profession. You also realised that you still had a beautiful voice (everyone was always complimenting you on it on the few occasions you sang), and you saw a classmate of yours who made the decision to pursue a career in music being very successful.

Naturally, in your second life, you would choose to be a musician instead of an accountant. But note that your decision to be a musician would open up a new life with a different set of choices that you would have no previous experience of. What would you do if a record company representative approached you to sign for his record label? If you made a mistake, you'd then go through life wishing that you had yet another chance at life.
Re: A Second Chance At Life: What Would You Do? by babye(f): 4:48pm On Jun 22, 2006
@ ka,

agree with you. Life's not about getting it right the first time adn really, it'll never
be perfect. But the truth is no body likes making mistakes, a seccond is something
we all will always wish we had, in different situations.

I'm sure if we all knew beforehand the consequences of our actions, there are a lot of decisions we would not take. But truth is with a second chance i'd probably avoid making my present blunders and just go ahead and make new ones.

(i'd probably try the lesbian thing in one of my chances) wink wink grin cheesy
Re: A Second Chance At Life: What Would You Do? by beyunce(f): 4:56pm On Jun 22, 2006
if i was in hell i will surely wish i was born again or just live ma life in a christ way.

but if i was in heaven. Pls i would nt even think of a second chance

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think This Lady Is On Bout? / Hidden And Shocking Facts About Africa That You Never Thought Off / Lovely & Cute Lhasa Apso & Ur Exotic Pets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.