Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out (1820 Views)

Connecting Opera Mini Browser 4rm Phone 2 Laptop. / New Working Mtn Cheat For Any Phone(java Or Symbian) Using Any Opera! / Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera Browser? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by lukkie(m): 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2006
Hi Forumites. Version 9 of the popular browser, OPERA , was released yesterday. check it out on www.opera.com.
For those of us who are unfamiliar with it. Opera is the fastest HTML browser available till date.

The new version has many cool features. The one that caught my eyes is a feature called WIDGETS. These are small miniature applications that run alongside Opera and live on your desktop. There are widgets for just about any purpose—weather forecasts, games, clocks, dictionaries, media players, and much more.

Check out the details on the following links
http://help.opera.com/Windows/9.00/en/widgets.html
http://widgets.opera.com/wwc/
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by habumaks(m): 5:58pm On Jun 28, 2006
I have installed the TRIAL VERSION on my mobile phone and it will expire any moment!!! How can i register that to get the FULL VERSION? I have checked the website but there is no any provision for registration. Help please. Thanks
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by SvS(f): 8:42pm On Jun 28, 2006
i use opers,buh i dunno which version am using!
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 28, 2006
i still prefer ie. ie for life wink
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by zebudaya(m): 10:59pm On Jun 28, 2006
opera sucks mozilla firefox for life!!!!!!!!
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by ladex142(m): 5:44am On Jun 29, 2006
Yes, Opera ROCKS!!!!. Hey listen zebudaya, i have used firefox and opera and i think am in the right position to say that Opera Rocks kiss. In fact, i can't compair firefox with opera, believe it or not. Opera is way better than firefox because it enbodies alot of features and functions however how big or how small it is; i would say that the feature i love most is the fact that you can come back to the webpages that you're working on at anyother day you want because Opera automatically saves all your current open wepages and it also updates those webpages automatically.
These means that you don't have to be searching through browser history to get back on what you couldn't finish at the time you used your browser last. One of the small features i love most is the fact that you can copy anything you want to search on Google on the webpage or anywhere and "Paste-to-go" in the Google search toolbar that is part of the Opera brower; this means you've skip the need to visit Google, paste your search and press enter. However little this is, "i love it" cool.
So there you have it folks, "Opera Rocks". Hey, what are you waiting for. Click on http://www.opera.com
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by Chuckdee(m): 6:15am On Jun 29, 2006
Opera ROCKS!!!! cool
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by lukkie(m): 7:48am On Jun 29, 2006
Hi SVS. If u want 2 know d version u're using, go to "Help" in d menu bar & click "About Opera". It'll display it. If it's not version 9, go to opera.com & download it. Of course its free & u wont lose any settings, bookmarks etc of ur old copy. cheers.
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by lukkie(m): 7:55am On Jun 29, 2006
Hi SVS. If u want 2 know d version u're using, go to "Help" in d menu bar & click "About Opera". It'll display it. If it's not version 9, go to opera.com & download it. Of course its free & u wont lose any settings, bookmarks etc of ur old copy. cheers.
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by lukkie(m): 7:55am On Jun 29, 2006
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by lukkie(m): 8:06am On Jun 29, 2006
HABUMAKS. Opera is free. Point ur phone's browser to http://mini.opera.com & download from there. Install over d old one. If dat dont work, delete d old one & install d new one afresh. Or if ur fone has a data cable, download it onto ur PC from opera.com & install 2 d fone. Opera rocks. IE sucks. Let them make version 70 if they like. Mozilla, well av used it too but Opera is better. Cant start listin its features here. It also has in-built RSS reader. Check d features out on opera.com.
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by wormedup(m): 8:24am On Jun 29, 2006
opera is nice, but i prefer Firefox, it uses lesser resources on your pc than Opera.

Internet explorer is cool, you should check out the new Beta 7 version.

for widgets, check out Yahoos also, come complete with the worldcup features.

cheers.
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by ladex142(m): 8:33am On Jun 29, 2006
Yeah, opera does uses a little bit of your computer resource, but it is very very very minima, that it is not a problem. It doesn't makes your pc slower in anyform, but if you have a pc that is half dead-half alive so much that i little program like Opera would hinder the health of your pc, then i don't know if opera is for u grin.
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by africanboy(m): 9:51am On Jun 29, 2006
i installed it the day it came out

minus a few improvements
- thumbnails on tabs
- { what else? }
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by Zahymaka(m): 9:58am On Jun 29, 2006
africanboy:

i installed it the day it came out

minus a few improvements
- thumbnails on tabs
- { what else? }

If you're a web designer and you want to use standards, Opera can validate the page for you. Just right click and choose validate. The source code is uploaded to the W3C Validation Service and validated - this helps ensure that even the content of dynamic pages is valid XHTML.

If you use Ajax, there was an XMLHttpRequest bug in Opera version 8.5 upwards. It's been resolved in version 9.

I must say that one reason I prefer Opera over other browsers is the presence of a download manager that's fully functional unlike IE and Firefox. You also switch tabs intelligently. In IE 7 an dMozilla, closing a tab moves you to the next open tab - in Opera, it takes you to the last tab you were on, reducing the frustration of having to select it again.

I could go on. . .
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by hola2ng(m): 11:22am On Jun 29, 2006
Still Love my firefox though !! tongue tongue
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by africanboy(m): 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2006
i use the 3 browsers when designing my web applications
- ie
- firefox (flock)
- opera

i rate them in order (best to worst)
- rendering - ie (most forgiving), firefox, opera
- network testing (with sql server and iis) - ie, firefox [opera refuses to understand the authentication method - still working on that}
- standards compliance - firefox, opera, ie
- speed - ie, firefox, opera
- tabs - opera 9, firefox (especially 1.5.0.2)

overall - i kind prefer ie then firefox unless i want to do some really heavy duty page opening then i load opera.

widgets, nice but not really a big deal. wouldnt want a tetris game overlapping all my open web pages.
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by imoh81(m): 11:25pm On Jul 09, 2006
why don't you guys try

-Avant browser- http://www.avantbrowser.com/ 
A stable, easy-to-use, versatile tabbed browser.
The Fastest Web Browser on Earth!

-Crazy Browser  ----  http://www.crazybrowser.com/
Powerful. Fast. Easy to use.

NOTE -- One of the  Ways to Protect Yourself on the Internet !

Replace your IE web browser with some other web browser such as Opera, Avant, Crazy or Mozilla.

Just as  Outlook is the most widely used and most often targeted, so is Microsoft’s Internet Explorer. Many viruses are designed to exploit vulnerabilities found in IE. Microsoft very often has security updates and patches for the browser when these are identified. It is extremely important to download and apply these as soon as possible.  use Incrediblemail

Other options are browsers such as Avant, Crazy ,Opera or Mozilla. Most browsers contain the same features as Internet Explorer, are easy to learn to use, and are also quite secure.
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by Zahymaka(m): 11:38pm On Jul 09, 2006
Web browsers [like Avant and Crazy Browser] built on Trident [Internet Explorer's engine] have the same security risks as using IE because Windows Explorer uses Trident too. Be warned!

Opera or Firefox is a better choice.
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by diddy4(m): 12:42am On Jul 10, 2006
i use all of them

ie
firefox
opera
avant
crazy browser
aol

i use all of them. opera is fast, firefox is fast but sucks sometimes. ie is not dat fast. avant is fast, aol is so slow.
Re: Opera V9 Is Out. Check It Out by ladex142(m): 2:31am On Jul 10, 2006
Avant and Crazy browser are out of the game cool and so as aol browser angry, they all suck. Opera Rocks ! grin

(1) (Reply)

Finally Laptop Technician's Repair Secret Is Out! / Huawei B68a Router Signal Booster / I Want To Buy A Laptop Or Swap My Laptop For Another With Higher Specs (Lagos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.