Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Game Statistcs You Didnt Know - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Game Statistcs You Didnt Know (1114 Views)

Who Didnt Play This Game At School / My PS2 Didnt detect My Card Reader ! Help ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by Gamine(f): 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2008
The Average Game player is 29yrs old

43% of game players are Women

97% of games are played by Adults over age 18

60% of parents play games with their kids atleast once a month

more to come
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by Cristalz(f): 3:46pm On Aug 13, 2008
Perhaps you should include your source.  .  .will lend more credence to your stats. smiley
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by Bawss1(m): 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2008
, I remember reading something similar from The Economist but alas I can't recall which issue.
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by Gamine(f): 4:16pm On Aug 13, 2008
Neither can i undecided
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by icezik1(m): 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2008
@Gamine

This "smells" suspiciously like you're trying to justify your game playing.
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by Gamine(f): 5:20pm On Aug 13, 2008
Nope, why should i JUSTIFY IT

is it a sin? NO

Does it kill ? NO

Do i loff it? YES!!!

no need for justification
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by icezik1(m): 9:31am On Aug 14, 2008
@Gamine

No offense was meant. All I'm saying is, how come it's the statistics relevant specifically to you that you listed? Like the Average Age, the fact that most games are played by Adults etc. I'm just saying it seemed like justification.
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by Gamine(f): 9:37am On Aug 14, 2008
Watever son, i just posted this

for educational purposes, k
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by iice(f): 10:44am On Aug 14, 2008
I remember only the stats on the women coz many people think, there are only few female gamers. hehehe can't wait to see the other stats.
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by Shaz(f): 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2008
Lol @ statistics. . it's all gud tho no source
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by texazzpete(m): 1:06pm On Aug 14, 2008
The info is correct
But what Gamine failed to show is that by 'game playing' the article encompasses games like Hearts and Solitaire, which are played mainly by women.

For console gaming, testosterone takes the cake!
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by Gamine(f): 2:02pm On Aug 14, 2008
Go jo tongue

Girls are eager gamers

the issue of gender and gaming is an explosive one obscured by severe ideological biases. Declaring the idea that girls/women play as much as boys/men a myth is not, however, justified by the evidence. But what is surely a myth is the idea that it has been proven that girls play as much as boys.
It is fairly certain (though not entirely well-documented) that there are gender differences as to gaming preferences. In a study by Yasmin Kafai (find) boys and girls displayed clear differences in approaches to game design.
In a survey at this site, online gamers were questioned about their habits and preferences. Interestingly, only five percent of the respondents (recruited broadly) were female.
It may be that many girls play some types of games. But claiming that gender differences are slight is an extraordinary claim requiring extraordinary evidence.
To settle the issue of time spent on gaming we ´merely´ need reliable quantitative studies along the lines of standard television rating measurement. That is, we need a transparent/constant methodology, a representative sample, and a method of recruitment that satisfies standard requirements of the social sciences.
As regards young people in the late 1990s reliable numbers do exist. One ambitious research project on the media use of 6-19 year old Europeans (see selected results) revealed that 79% of boys and 48% of girls play computer games. Whereas the boys spend 57 minutes a day playing, the girls spend 24 minutes on games on average.
(- Jonas Heide Smith)

http://game-research.com/index.php/articles/the-6-myths-of-computer-gaming/

for more stats

http://www.nielsenmedia.com/nc/portal/site/Public/menuitem.55dc65b4a7d5adff3f65936147a062a0/?vgnextoid=92202d7fd9ef3110VgnVCM100000ac0a260aRCRD
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by timbabng(m): 9:11pm On Aug 18, 2008
texazzpete:

The info is correct
But what Gamine failed to show is that by 'game playing' the article encompasses games like Hearts and Solitaire, which are played mainly by women.

Some Girls really kick-ass . . . . SErious ASS-KIckinG
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by Shaz(f): 1:15am On Aug 19, 2008
timba_bng:

Yeah! At least, you're man enuff to admit . . cheesy
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by segzicres(m): 7:08am On Aug 19, 2008
there was a time when my cousin's girlfriend killed me on pro 6, but i later revenged.
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by Gamine(f): 1:58pm On Aug 19, 2008
heheheh

Revenge ko grin grin
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by texazzpete(m): 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2008
timba_bng:

Yeah, but they are in the minority. . .
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by Gamine(f): 2:01pm On Aug 23, 2008
Which Minority

44% is hardly a minority undecided
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by Shaz(f): 10:30pm On Aug 24, 2008
Gamine:

Which Minority

44% is hardly a minority undecided

Preach it! How can 44% be a minority?
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by justbones(m): 10:14am On Aug 25, 2008
cause its below 50%
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by Caliente(m): 12:03pm On Aug 28, 2008
texazzpete:

The info is correct

[size=13pt]That is sooooooooo true. Most times when I step into some offices, I often catch them (women) playing these games and they are not always fast in hiding the game.[/size]
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by NFowler012: 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
When it comes to the greatest game I've ever played, it's a tough choice. However, one game that stands out is a spellbinding adventure that not only captivated my imagination but also sharpened my language skills. With its immersive world, compelling story, and challenging gameplay, it felt like diving into a rich tapestry of spellbinding quests. From battling fierce creatures to unraveling mysteries using spelling bee words, this game offered a truly unforgettable gaming experience that still lingers in my memory.
Re: Game Statistcs You Didnt Know by KaamDhanda: 6:24pm On Nov 06, 2023
When it comes to the best game I've ever played, there's no doubt that it's a challenging choice. However, one game that truly shines is a captivating adventure. It not only fueled my imagination but also improved my language skills. With its immersive world, gripping storyline, and demanding gameplay, it felt like diving into a captivating tapestry of enchanting quests. From facing formidable creatures to unlocking secrets using spelling bee words, this game offered an unforgettable gaming experience that still lingers in my memory. If you're looking for https://sbhinter.com/spelling-bee-hints/ this game provides a fun way to put your skills to the test and enjoy an extraordinary gaming journey.

(1) (Reply)

You Will Love This Game... / PES 2010 Pls Help!!!! / Ps 2 For Sale(give AWAY PRIZE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.