Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Soludo And Banks' ATM - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Soludo And Banks' ATM (904 Views)

Ezekwesili Or Soludo Likely To Be CBN Governor, To Replace Emefiele - Guardian / What Is Payoneer Debit Card Exchange Rate On Nigeria Banks ATM? / Banks’ ATM Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo And Banks' ATM by landis(m): 2:06pm On Aug 13, 2008
Banks in the country have increased Automated Teller Machine (ATM) charges to customers by 50 percent to N150 per transaction.

In addition, banks where customers already have account now charge N50 per transaction, as against the free services they usually render.

Nigeria is a sad country.

That means if you use ATM once in day to withdraw money; the bank makes 150*30days = N4,500 from you.

So what happens if your Salary is only N20,000.00

This is criminal.

It is a scandal that all Soludo's reform can achieve is to suffer the people instead of make life better for them.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/banking/14472.html
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by MrCrackles(m): 2:15pm On Aug 13, 2008
I thought our only problem was dealing with corruption, now we are getting fucking ripped off to shreds as well! shocked

We don enter am, fucking banks stealing our money to plug the incessant frivolous spendings and mis-management that they are guilty of, chei!
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by hellypelly(f): 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2008
okkkkkkk I dont see a problem here!!some cities/states in other countries charge as much as $3.50 for an ATM withdrawal, do the math,
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by landis(m): 2:49pm On Aug 13, 2008
okkkkkkk I don't see a problem here!!some cities/states in other countries charge as much as $3.50 for an ATM withdrawal, do the math,

in a month or per transaction or per fixed amount withdrawn?

and which countries and states are these before you start supporting 'DAY-LIGHT' robbery.

I live in OLD europe and I dont get charged by my BANK for using my ATM either per transaction or monthly.

This new measure of N150 per transaction is criminal.
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by hellypelly(f): 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2008
Per transaction, basically it depends onthe bank, ATM, its location blah blah blah, but I live in PA and the most i was charged for a withdrawal was $2.50, I went to MD and was charged 3.50, there is no stipulated amt banks r to charge for ATM transactions
landis:

in a month or per transaction or per fixed amount withdrawn?

and which countries and states are these before you start supporting 'DAY-LIGHT' robbery.

I live in OLD europe and I don't get charged by my BANK for using my ATM either per transaction or monthly.

This new measure of N150 per transaction is criminal.
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by Godalone(m): 3:00pm On Aug 13, 2008
Soludo and Nigeria Banks Limited what is happening in the banking sector now? This is a day light robbery.
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by hellypelly(f): 3:06pm On Aug 13, 2008
robbing U for a service the provide??or robbing U for using their product?
Godalone:

Soludo and Nigeria Banks Limited what is happening in the banking sector now? This is a day light robbery.
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by landis(m): 3:08pm On Aug 13, 2008
Per transaction, basically it depends onthe bank, ATM, its location blah blah blah, but I live in PA and the most i was charged for a withdrawal was $2.50,

You saying if you withdrawal $20 you get charged $2.50??

I dont believe you and I will cross check this.

Back to Nigeria: It is simply criminal and cheap well to improve the Bank's Balancesheet.

robbing You for a service the provide??or robbing You for using their product?

robbing you for BOTH.
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by Godalone(m): 3:12pm On Aug 13, 2008
hellypelly:

robbing You for a service the provide??or robbing You for using their product?
Both.
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by hellypelly(f): 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2008
it doesnt mmatter how much u withdraw, whatever that ATM charges is what U pay for whateevr U take out, even if it was a cent(if thats possible) U pay 2.50, or whatever the ATM charges,

tell me what exactly I have to gain by lying to U?of course naija banks r paying me to feed with this information*rollseyes* people sha *smh* I can even help U google if U want

R U really serious, U think they r robbing U??for the longest of times they have provided this service for free, and now they charge, do u think its air they use to maintain and keep these ATM's working??
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by hellypelly(f): 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2008
then simply drive all the way to where ur bank is and withdraw the money, dont give it to the 'robbers' i mean, its not like they r pointing guns to ur head r they
U people truly AMAZE ME
Godalone:

Both.
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by hellypelly(f): 3:20pm On Aug 13, 2008
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/5676-post1.html

and thats just one example, need more
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by Godalone(m): 3:21pm On Aug 13, 2008
hellypelly:

it doesnt mmatter how much u withdraw, whatever that ATM charges is what You pay for whateevr You take out, even if it was a cent(if thats possible) You pay 2.50, or whatever the ATM charges,

tell me what exactly I have to gain by lying to You?of course naija banks r paying me to feed with this information*rollseyes* people sha *smh* I can even help You google if You want

R You really serious, You think they r robbing You??for the longest of times they have provided this service for free, and now they charge, do u think its air they use to maintain and keep these ATM's working??

I doubt if you know the interest rate Nigeria banks are charging,they collect N100 every month for having ATM card now one is going to be charged for N150 for using ATM.Nigeria banks have hieghest interest rate for every loan you take .
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by MrCrackles(m): 3:24pm On Aug 13, 2008
It is a bloody rip-off and Nigerians should start considering using piggy banks or reverting to old methods of money management! grin
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by hellypelly(f): 3:25pm On Aug 13, 2008
Godalone:

I doubt if you know the interest rate Nigeria banks are charging,they collect N100 every month for having ATM card now one is going to be charged for N150 for using ATM.Nigeria banks have hieghest interest rate for every loan you take .
and the rate is
besides what is N100??how much do u buy an hours worth of time in a cyber cafe, ur complaining of N100
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by hellypelly(f): 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2008
see we already have smart people thinking of alternatives,Goldalone n Landis, take note
Brash!:

It is a bloody rip-off and Nigerians should start considering using piggy banks or reverting to old methods of money management! grin
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by landis(m): 3:27pm On Aug 13, 2008
I'm directing these comments re Mexican ATM's but the booklet just lists the fees and charges as "International Services". CB (Citizens Bank) charge for ATM use is US$2.00 per transaction. There is also a 1% ATM charge for cash withdrawals and a US$3.00 fee for currency

seem you dont read what you quoting.

It says 'INTERNATIONAL'.

Answer me if you can:

Are you saying if you withdrawn $20 in your bank ATM in PA, they will charge $2.50??
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by hellypelly(f): 3:30pm On Aug 13, 2008
yeah sorry didnt quite read it, barely skimmed tru the article,

yes some ATM's charge U 2.50 even if u withdraaw $10, some charge 99 cents, 1.50, 2.00, some r free, like I said be4 depends on the ATM, location etc etc, lemme look for sources and actually read tru them to give U the 'proof' u need
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by MrCrackles(m): 3:30pm On Aug 13, 2008
honestly, this banks are just taking a piss

when u get robbed and u get slapped as well, that is a tad bit too far

one reason why i wont open any account in nigeria whilst i continue to live abroad

people would be better off burying thier money, security or no security, it is better than have banks MUG u daylight of your own sweat!
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by hellypelly(f): 3:32pm On Aug 13, 2008
and yeah my bank doesnt charge me nething, I dont know bout other banks and couldnt be bothered

read the second paragraph of this article http://edmundfoster..com/2008/07/atm-usage-fees-in-united-states.html
hellypelly:

yeah sorry didnt quite read it, barely skimmed tru the article,

yes some ATM's charge You 2.50 even if u withdraaw $10, some charge 99 cents, 1.50, 2.00, some r free, like I said be4 depends on the ATM, location etc etc, let me look for sources and actually read tru them to give You the 'proof' u need
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by Gamine(f): 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2008
Thats why i no dey use Card before embarassed

i always dey keep my money for grand

before my office pipu con force me to open Zenith accant. cry

now the 20,000 salary don finish cry

First,

2,000 ontop check book n card

100, ontop text notification

200, ontop up country transfer

300, ontop use of ATM

500, ontop transport to bank

100, ontop using card

Abeg tell me how much i go chop remain o cry
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by madamkoko: 3:38pm On Aug 13, 2008
So what happens if your Salary is only N20,000.00

heheheheehehee, if you salary is N20,000 then you don't use the ATM. hahahaha

You can always ask God for a raise na.
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by Godalone(m): 3:41pm On Aug 13, 2008
Gamine:

Thats why i no dey use Card before embarassed

i always dey keep my money for grand

before my office pipu con force me to open Zenith accant. cry

now the 20,000 salary don finish cry

First,

2,000 ontop check book n card

100, ontop text notification

200, ontop up country transfer

300, ontop use of ATM

500, ontop transport to bank

100, ontop using card

Abeg tell me how much i go chop remain o cry
Exactly,these banks are fraudulent.
Re: Soludo And Banks' ATM by hellypelly(f): 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2008
neway, I believe U have the option of whether or not U get an ATM card, if U feel its too'expensive' then cut it off, i doubt its madatory to own one, just convenient,

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money By Selling Online / Nigerians / Is It True: Zenith Bank Boss Resigned ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.