Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,303 members, 7,846,352 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Is Html Necessary? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Html Necessary? (971 Views)

How To Integrate Sms To A Online Registration Form (php, Html, Aspx Etc) / How To: Create A Simple Hover Button With Html And Css / How To Create An Autoresponder In An Html Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Html Necessary? by kheme(m): 9:27am On Aug 18, 2008
some people say its absolutely unnecessary to even learn HTML in website design, that you can "do it all" with software like frontpage or dreamweaver. well, i started out that way, learned frontpage at first, untill i got stuck somewhere cos i didnt know HTML. so i learned HTML completely, then went back to frontpage.

these days, i happen to be teaching a few people website design and i always recommended they learned HTML 1st, before moving up to dreamweaver (since that's what's in vogue), but most of them complain the people said HTML is not necessary!

let the webmasters in the house throw more light on this issue.
Re: Is Html Necessary? by yawatide(f): 11:29am On Aug 18, 2008
Is Fuel necessary for a car? Therein lies the answer to your question.

Sure, you can whip up the next greatest site using FP or DW, there is no doubt about it but IMHO, as a webmaster *by career*, you must know about the underlying code and how they mingle with each other to produce a web page. Those that don't are responsible for a lot of the crappy code/layouts that can be seen everywhere and more than likely the ones asking for help on issues that seem to be the easiest.

I believe even the Bible makes reference to those Christians who, to paraphrase, suffer from a lack of knowledge. If Christians can suffer, then why not webmasters?

So yes, (X)HTML is necessary.
Re: Is Html Necessary? by kheme(m): 1:05pm On Aug 18, 2008
i also believe that learning these software WITHOUT HTML simply makes code-lazy "designers"!!! i mean, i've seen a buy working with the gui software, blabbing how good he is at this and that, and a LITTLE problem at code level got this guy stock for a week, until the abandoned the project TILL DATE! well, me i work with codes 90% of my designs; i had similar project to do and finished up in 2 days! lol! what a piety!
Re: Is Html Necessary? by yawatide(f): 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2008
@wadel,

soooooooo, wat does a forex site have to do with this?
Re: Is Html Necessary? by Mustay(m): 10:04am On Aug 21, 2008
yawa-ti-de:

yes, (X)HTML is necessary.
Re: Is Html Necessary? by efe200: 1:11pm On Aug 21, 2008
HTML is absolutely necessary. It is like building a house without a foundation if you don't know html and probably css. But html is the first miracle in a web development jorney for prospective designers. Try html for dommies and you will never be the same again.

A combination of html and css + javascript  called dhtml is also needed. My suggestion is get the html skills, then css, then javascript and if you are interested in building web application php should do for now. also try php for dommies

Efe
email: info@veprox.org
Re: Is Html Necessary? by kheme(m): 5:54pm On Aug 30, 2008
HTML Online! has gone to 2nd Edition!

www . htmlonline . tk

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money From Blogging In 2009 / Transfer File From One Host To Another - Urgent Urgent Urgent / Filesonic Premium Reseller At Good Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.