Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,853 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Gymnast Is New Tomb Raider - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Gymnast Is New Tomb Raider (3337 Views)

Rise Of The Tomb Raider Available For Windows 10 Devices / Rise Of The Tomb Raider Xbox One Digital Pre-order Now Live / Assistance With Tomb Raider Pc Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gymnast Is New Tomb Raider by WebMonk(m): 6:11pm On Aug 18, 2008
Not much of a fan of the Tomb Raider series but what do you think about seeing a new face for the game franchise?

There's a new Lara Croft in town, and she's a 23-year-old gymnast from South London, Tomb Raider publisher Eidos announced this week.

Ever since actress Rhona Mitra first took on the role of Tomb Raider heroine Lara Croft in 1997, Eidos has sought real-life counterparts for its acrobatic archaeologist heroine, and they've helped propel the video game series to worldwide sales topping 32 million. Up until now the British publisher's picks have tended to be models or, like Jolie, movie stars, but Alison Carroll might just be the first Croft to have the physical abilities to do her famously acrobatic opposite number justice.

Carroll boasts 12 years of gymnastics training and numerous honors representing Great Britain in sporting displays. Although her Lara role won't involve any movie work, she'll still be kept sufficiently busy traveling the world promoting the latest Tomb Raider game, Underworld, to allow her to quit her day job -- as a receptionist.

"It's unbelievable how realistic [Lara's] movements are in Tomb Raider: Underworld and it's so gratifying to be able to use my years of gymnastic training to portray such a beloved character," Carroll said in a press release.

Although Carroll's more than able to match Croft kick for kick, she's still undergoing a training regime that includes weapons classes in Eastern Europe, survival technique instruction from British SAS troops, and -- naturally -- a crash course in archaeology.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/british-gymnast-is-new-tomb-raider/1236791

Personally? - there are better ways to squeeze your face grin

Re: Gymnast Is New Tomb Raider by timbabng(m): 8:54pm On Aug 18, 2008
cant wait for the game to be released!!!! Tombraider fan 4 life
Re: Gymnast Is New Tomb Raider by Shaz(f): 1:23am On Aug 19, 2008
I really can't wait to see em
Re: Gymnast Is New Tomb Raider by timbabng(m): 3:57am On Aug 19, 2008
looking at her . . . . . . i think she's got the statistics wink
Re: Gymnast Is New Tomb Raider by WebMonk(m): 9:40am On Aug 19, 2008
timba_bng:

looking at her . . . . . . i think she's got the statistics wink

Yeah - but we're all used to jolie's , snap! shocked
Re: Gymnast Is New Tomb Raider by Gamine(f): 10:08am On Aug 19, 2008
I dont send her much jo!

the one before her was hawt!! and Angelina too smiley
Re: Gymnast Is New Tomb Raider by timbabng(m): 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2008
come to think of it,althouggh she's gat stats her face has this "terminator" thing about it
Re: Gymnast Is New Tomb Raider by Gamine(f): 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2008
Terminator??

lololol
Re: Gymnast Is New Tomb Raider by timbabng(m): 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2008
. . yea, stern look. . . like a machine. She's fine though
Re: Gymnast Is New Tomb Raider by Gamine(f): 9:18am On Aug 21, 2008
its like she too dey try bone na

it looks too fake
Re: Gymnast Is New Tomb Raider by WebMonk(m): 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2008
Gamine:

its like she too dey try bone na

it looks too fake

whatever we don't like in real life, we can remove in CG cheesy

Re: Gymnast Is New Tomb Raider by Shaz(f): 5:12pm On Aug 21, 2008
True say, Gamine

(1) (Reply)

I Need Ps2 Parts / Fifa 16 Android Lag Fix / Ps2 For Sell Or Swap For Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.