Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

About Qosri Solats - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / About Qosri Solats (3255 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Qosri Solats by javalove(m): 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2008
Salam

I have been away for a few months now on a business trip to the northern part of Nigeria and dont know when i would finish the job say in a few months time.

I am observing half solats for my 4 rakat solats. Should I continue till i return to lagos cos som1 told me its only 70 days valid. Please help

Jaji
Re: About Qosri Solats by subzeeero(m): 9:25am On Aug 20, 2008
Praise be to Allaah.

The fatwa of the shaykh (may Allaah have mercy on him) says that the traveler is allowed the dispensation of shortening and combining his prayers, and of not fasting so long as he is still considered to be a traveler because of the general meaning of the texts. This was also the view of Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah before him. But the majority of scholars say that the traveler may only avail himself of the dispensations attached to travel so long as he does not intend to stay for four days or more. This is more on the safe side, and this was the fatwa of Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him).

Whenever there is a difference of opinion between our ulamahs i always try to be on the safe side. However, if your intention is to go back after you finish, you may be considered a traveller, but try to be on the safe side.

Allah Knows Best.
Re: About Qosri Solats by dominique(f): 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2008
salam.
i observed kursri for at least a month when i got to benue, but i reverted to the normal 4 rakats as soon as i settled down and got familiar with the surroundings. although my friend said you can continue to perform kursri for as long as the entire service year because you are percieved as a stranger in the land, i totally disagree, anyone else?
Re: About Qosri Solats by javalove(m): 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2008
so wat do u advice i do, continue or stop?
Re: About Qosri Solats by dominique(f): 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2008
well you've been there for months, i dont think Qosri is applicable, but if conditions over there do not make solat convinient, maybe you should continue as long as you are there.i stand to be corrected,
Re: About Qosri Solats by olabowale(m): 11:50am On Aug 21, 2008
The shortenSalah in this case, is a favor from Allah. When the Messenger (AS) was in Makka upon his and his companions' victorious entry, he shortened his salah throughout his duration, before returning to Madina. Makka was considered hereby a place that he journeyed to, while Madina is considerd as his home base.

After his farewell address, wherein he encouraged his companions to take the message of Islam to those people who were were not present, the story of the sahabas (RA) therefore came to mind. Their actions about the Salah of the people travelling should be the ones that expantiate on the actions of Muhammad (AS) in Makka, by its further being in line of it to explain what the verse about it in the Qur'an means.

A sahaba who went to one of the South East Asian Islands, maybe a Malaysian or an Indonesian Island, the excat one I do not have the information presently. However this Sahaba (ra) prayed the shortened Salah for 17 months, before he returned to the normal and regular Salah process of 4 rakah and the sunnah salah attached to them. It simply means that he took him 17 months to settle it in his heart that he was going to become a resident of the Island place!

Allah says in Surah Al Rahman, as a full statement of asking us a question and at the same time giving us the affirmation of His enormous Mercies: Which favor of your Lord will you deny! Then the Prophet(AS) stated that the best of the generation is his; meaning the Sahaba with him, since he himself is the altimate best among mankind. Then he said, next to the best in degree is the next generation; the tabi in. And the last mention in this great group of peoples is the third best, the tabi tabi in.

For me therefore, with the above proofs, and the others not listed, along with the verse in the Qur'an, allowing for shortening of the 4 rakah Salah to 2 rakah and even not observing the sunnah salahs, except the Witr and the sunnah of salatul Subh, I prayed in this way for almost 2 years in a place that I had no intentions of staying.

Allah has made Islam under Muhammad (AS), a way and a religion of success, an ease, and not a burden on mankind. We are th best of nations raised up among mankind. We are nation of moderations, never going into extreme in the way of anything, which includes worship.

If I were to go to Nigeria, with the initial aim that I am visiting, I will have no choice but to shorten my salah as long as I remain there, until I decide to become a resident. Allah's messenger is observed to choose, always as long as it is not against the Qur'an, the easiest ways of doing things or achieving a goal. Why would I do any different from my leader and those who trained, directly under him?

Please observe what the jurists said above: None of them gave time limit, as long as you are considering yourself as a traveller in the land.

1 Like

Re: About Qosri Solats by littleb(m): 9:38am On Aug 22, 2008
olabowale:

Please observe what the jurists said above: None of them gave time limit, as long as you are considering yourself as a traveller in the land.

Mostly supported according to sharia
Re: About Qosri Solats by javalove(m): 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2008
Jazakhumullah Kharian. May Allah reward all of you abundantly.

(1) (Reply)

Some Qualities Of A Good Muslim In Light Of The Glorious Quran / Zakat Al-fitr: Faqs / Excellence Of Martyrdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.