Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,391 members, 7,812,153 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Lets Play A Game. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lets Play A Game. (1274 Views)

Two Can Play The Game Season 2 - A Game For Love & Marriage - Extended - LIVE / Two Can Play The Game Season 2 - A Game For Love & Marriage - LIVE / A Game For Love and Marriage - Two Can Play The Game - Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Play A Game. by mykali(m): 5:30pm On Aug 20, 2008
hey, novel freaks in the house. lets play a game of novel titles. use an author's novel titles to make something up. i'll go first.

john grisham . . . .

THE STREET LAWYER who works for THE FIRM was given A TIME TO KILL. . . .THE CLIENT that had stolen THE PELICAN BRIEF from A PAINTED HOUSE. He was sent by THE PARTNER, who discovered that THE RUNAWAY JURY were hiding in THE CHAMBERS, . . .
Re: Lets Play A Game. by mykali(m): 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2008
SIDNEY SHELDON . . .

yersterday, i met the man who made the windmill of the gods. he told me about the rage of angels that was going on. he said the sky is falling and warned me about the doomsday conspiracy that will happen if tomorrow comes. . . .

he told me to find the lady with the naked face, saying the lady would give me the best laid plans for me to be able to capture the sands of time. . . .
he also said the task was to last for[b] morning, noon , and night[/b]. , .at which time the stars shine down.

finally, he said to me, ''tell me your dreams. . . . .and i will show u that nothing lasts forever. . . ."
Re: Lets Play A Game. by Sisikill: 8:55pm On Aug 20, 2008
Stephen King

For Carrie, the attic of[b] The Black House[/b] was The Dead Zone, the Cell where she must make atonement for her sins. Banished there to live in Misery, She hardly eat or drank and her bouts of Insomnia didn’t help none. A Bag of bones, she was called by the few who caught a glimpse of her. No one knows how she got there but gory tales abound, whispered in the dark corners of Salem’s Lot. She was a Firestarter, oh yes she was. . .  burnt down The House on Value Street with just one glance, killing little Christine who slept in her crib. No, others countered, she had The Eyes of the Dragon [/b]and the soul of [b]A Dreamcatcher. . . whatever that is.

Only few like Dolores Claiborne knew her as The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon and who in Desperation sought the powers of The Talisman. . . prepared with care by[b]Rose Madder[/b], the town eccentric. Unfortunately[b] Cujo,[/b]The Colorado Kid,,swallowed it whole. Now buried in the Pet Cemetery for he had no one, he haunts Carrie morning, day and night.
Re: Lets Play A Game. by KarmaMod(f): 8:57pm On Aug 20, 2008
Ooo I like grin

No Cujo or The Shining? tongue

Should have had Cujo placed in the pet cemetary instead tongue
Re: Lets Play A Game. by Sisikill: 9:02pm On Aug 20, 2008
Hahaha! I added Cujo. Didn't know how to put The Shinning. It would have been easier if it was the Shiny, then I would have said The Shiny Sword of Darkness
Re: Lets Play A Game. by mykali(m): 12:35pm On Aug 21, 2008
@ sisikill

that was really cool.

guys, we need more responses. . . .
Re: Lets Play A Game. by Cch3coo: 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2008
Sisikill:

Hahaha! I added Cujo. Didn't know how to put The Shinning. It would have been easier if it was the Shiny, then I would have said The Shiny Sword of Darkness

Sisikill:

Stephen King

For Carrie, the attic of[b] The Black House[/b] was The Dead Zone, the Cell where she must make atonement for her sins. Banished there to live in Misery, She hardly eat or drank and her bouts of Insomnia didn’t help none. A Bag of bones, she was called by the few who caught a glimpse of her. No one knows how she got there but gory tales abound, whispered in the dark corners of Salem’s Lot. She was a Firestarter, oh yes she was. . .  burnt down The House on Value Street with just one glance, killing little Christine who slept in her crib. No, others countered, she had The Eyes of the Dragon [/b]and the soul of [b]A Dreamcatcher. . . whatever that is.

Only few like Dolores Claiborne knew her as The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon and who in Desperation sought the powers of The Talisman. . . prepared with care by[b]Rose Madder[/b], the town eccentric. Unfortunately[b] Cujo,[/b]The Colorado Kid,,swallowed it whole. Now buried in the Pet Cemetery under [b]The Shining [/b]stars, he haunts Carrie morning, day and night.

There you go Sisikill wink
Re: Lets Play A Game. by Sisikill: 7:55pm On Aug 21, 2008
mykali:

guys, we need more responses. . . .

[size=14pt]YES WE NEED MORE RESPONSES [/size] grin

Why can't we also have our topics on the front page like all other sections. . . it's not fair. This is obviously a case of sectionalism, partiality, nepotism, tribalism, anti-literarism and every other -ism out there that means discrimination. cry

Seun don't ban me oh, I'm only joking
[size=5pt] Not![/size]

Question - Can we re-use authors?

Cch3coo:

There you go Sisikill wink

LMAO! No way! Would you look at that! Honestly last night it was like rocket science trying to come up with an appropriate use of The Shinning.

Thanks tongue
Re: Lets Play A Game. by savanaha: 8:18pm On Aug 21, 2008
Sula wished she could have The Bluest Eye so that once in her life she could Beloved rather than considered a worthless and despised Tar Baby. With such eyes she might experience the concept of Love. Such childlike innocence which was the only possession the cold world could not rob her of. She believed with a pair of blue eyes the world would have Mercy which was as close to Paradise as possible.
Re: Lets Play A Game. by Sisikill: 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2008
Toni Morrison! Nice!! grin
Re: Lets Play A Game. by mykali(m): 11:36am On Aug 22, 2008
@sisikill

yes, u can re-use authors. but it has to be a different story line or something.

@savanaha.

that was nice.
Re: Lets Play A Game. by Cch3coo: 2:10pm On Aug 22, 2008
Sisikill:

[size=8pt]Why can't we also have our topics on the front page like all other sections. . . it's not fair. This is obviously a case of sectionalism, partiality, nepotism, tribalism, anti-literarism and every other -ism out there that means discrimination. cry

I agree. Literature topics should be out there on the Home Page with the rest of them. When Seun wanted to serve his self-interest with his short story competition for his film script, he knew how to put it up there on page one O. I initially thought that it was the volume of replies that got a topic on the Home Page, but I do not think that is necessarily the case. angry
Re: Lets Play A Game. by Sisikill: 10:53pm On Aug 23, 2008
Judith McNaught

“Whitney my love” he scribbled in his little note “Remember when we met that Perfect day in Paradise? My Darling, Something wonderful happened to me and I knew I would know peace until you were mine.  I want you by my side always; I want your every thought to be about me and Every Breath you take I must feel, I can’t take my eyes off of you. They tell me it’s Double Standard but what do they know? Until You I didn’t know I wasn't living.

I have stop now, my next session starts in a few minutes. Dr. Johnson is okay. . . I think I can make him understand why I don’t need to be here. Until I can make you mine Once and Always, listen to the The Night Whispers and imagine it’s my voice you hear. 

Always me
John.

Cch3coo:

I agree. Literature topics should be out there on the Home Page with the rest of them. When Seun wanted to serve his self-interest with his short story competition for his film script, he knew how to put it up there on page one O. I initially thought that it was the volume of replies that got a topic on the Home Page, but I do not think that is necessarily the case. angry

I'm drafting a proposal!  grin
Re: Lets Play A Game. by savanaha: 6:13pm On Aug 24, 2008
Thank you sisikill and mykali

No, no it could not be. He could not be one of Uncle Tom's Childrent. He was Bigger, a Black Boy. He realized and recognized that he had to prove that he was a Native Son . He had to prove this to attain a Rite of Passage to no longer be deemed The Outsider while on this
Savage Holiday. He proved his belief of the Black Power by whistling to the white woman with blonde hair and blue eyes. Bigger proved it in this backwards region of Tennessee where blacks folks were still picking cotton. But the price to pay for the rite of passage was grave, maybe too much for a boy of 14. That same night while they all slept Eight Men came for him. They came for the little boy of 14, while they dragged him away already with blood soaking his clothes he could make out his mother in the background yelping Lawd Today. It was a sort of prayer with which she beckoned God with, when the life of a loved on was close its journey's end. The further he was dragged the louder the cries grew, as if he was awakening from The Long Dream. His mothers prayer became a chanting, a chanting by 12 Million Black Voices, that only he and black boys like him could hear. However, sadly these cries and chantings were concealed by The Color Curtain that drowned out the black injustice and[b] American Hunger[/b].
Re: Lets Play A Game. by Gamine(f): 8:20pm On Aug 24, 2008
There is a special place under the Shades of I'Lsithe where Half of a yellow sun shines

to bring forth beautiful buds of the Purple Hibiscus

undecided undecided

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Re: Lets Play A Game. by Sisikill: 8:34pm On Aug 24, 2008
savanaha:

Thank you sisikill and mykali

No, no it could not be. He could not be one of Uncle Tom's Childrent. He was Bigger, a Black Boy. He realized and recognized that he had to prove that he was a Native Son . He had to prove this to attain a Rite of Passage to no longer be deemed The Outsider while on this
Savage Holiday. He proved his belief of the Black Power by whistling to the white woman with blonde hair and blue eyes. Bigger proved it in this backwards region of Tennessee where blacks folks were still picking cotton. But the price to pay for the rite of passage was grave, maybe too much for a boy of 14. That same night while they all slept Eight Men came for him. They came for the little boy of 14, while they dragged him away already with blood soaking his clothes he could make out his mother in the background yelping Lawd Today. It was a sort of prayer with which she beckoned God with, when the life of a loved on was close its journey's end. The further he was dragged the louder the cries grew, as if he was awakening from The Long Dream. His mothers prayer became a chanting, a chanting by 12 Million Black Voices, that only he and black boys like him could hear. However, sadly these cries and chantings were concealed by The Color Curtain that drowned out the black injustice and[b] American Hunger[/b].

Whoa! This excellent!

It is so funny. . . my niece was just telling on Friday that they are supposed to research and write a paper on crime and racism for this new school year and she choose Emmett Till. She figured it would hit close to him since he was also from Chicago. She's been fascinated with him since they reopened the case a few yrs ago.
Re: Lets Play A Game. by savanaha: 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2008
Sisikill:

Whoa! This excellent!

It is so funny. . . my niece was just telling on Friday that they are supposed to research and write a paper on crime and racism for this new school year and she choose Emmett Till. She figured it would hit close to him since he was also from Chicago. She's been fascinated with him since they reopened the case a few years ago.

Am so glad you got that I was using Richard Wright's book titles relay the Emmit Till story. The case was reopened but the men were acquited so they'll go scott free. The worse thing is that the woman who was whistled at maintains that her husband was right.
Re: Lets Play A Game. by Sisikill: 1:09am On Aug 25, 2008
savanaha:

Am so glad you got that I was using Richard Wright's book titles  relay the Emmit Till story. The case was reopened but the men were acquited so they'll go scott free. The worse thing is that the woman who was whistled at maintains that her husband was right.

Perfect example of how NOT blind justice is. Seriously he was 14 for goodness sakes, whistling (if he really did) was all he could have done and they killed him for that! Honestly, I would rather my want my niece didn't see the picture of him lying in state. . . I was sickened as an adult, can't imagine what she would feel but it's really out of my hands.
Re: Lets Play A Game. by mykali(m): 1:25pm On Aug 25, 2008
sisikill and savanaha, u guys are really doing great. i'm sorry i havent been around to add mine. here goes. . .

tom clancy. . .

The Cardinal of The Kremlin had given out Executive Orders to six men known secretly as Rainbow Six
to capture a submarine named Red October.  The Hunt For Red October was expected to be carried out in a location
engulfed in Clear and Present Danger. the six men went about their duty Without Remorse because they knew
they owed a Debt Of Honour to the cardinal. their only fear was a duo of ruthless hitmen known as The Bear and The Dragon who were  guarding the target with their lives. but The Sum of All Fears was the fact that there was a Red Storm Rising. . . .
Re: Lets Play A Game. by mykali(m): 1:59pm On Aug 25, 2008
ken follett. . .

the man fom st. petersburg had come through the eyes of the needle which had taken him to the pillars of the earth. he possessed the key to rebecca 's fortune, but he had no idea  it was a dangerous fortune.

he had to go to a place called freedom, to retreive[b] the hammer of eden [/b] from the third twin, he arrived there on wings of eagles and had to lie down with lions before the mission was accomplished.

but he was triple dissappointed when he found out that it was all nothing but paper money.
Re: Lets Play A Game. by bigboyslim(m): 5:13pm On Aug 25, 2008
Sidney Sheldon

She saw A man in the mirror and knew at once that she was not alone in the room. The image of the naked face of the stranger brought back memories of midnight. He had been in bed with her and they had both opened up to each other. Tell me your dreams, he had asked, but she was too timid to reveal her innermost thoughts to someone she had just met even though he was the Master of the Game.
Re: Lets Play A Game. by mykali(m): 1:17pm On Aug 27, 2008
kool. grin
Re: Lets Play A Game. by Naturalle(f): 11:34am On Oct 07, 2008
[color=#006600][color=#000099]Terry Gookind
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Sword of Truth Series.

In D'Hara, The "Wizard's First Rule" was used to punish the "Blood of The Fold" by embedding the "Stone of Tears" into the heart of these evil men and this ritual was performed in the "Temple of the Winds". There the Chief Priest was mandated to look into the "Soul of The Fire" and call out the "Phantom" who made sure that these men were stripped of all emotion like a "Naked Empire". "The Faith of the Fallen" was once again roused by causing a "Chainfire" and the Mother "Confessor" claimed their soul thereby turning them all into "The Pillars of Creation".
[/font][/color][/color]

peace

(1) (Reply)

Culture Shock, My First Day In Russia! / ................. / The Vigilante: Curse Of The Sword Now Available On Okadabooks!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.