Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

My Internet Explorer Restarts! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Internet Explorer Restarts! (1300 Views)

Pls How Do I Check My Internet Balance On Glo? / System Restarts Repeatedly / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Internet Explorer Restarts! by saviola77(m): 3:05pm On Aug 21, 2008
Hey guys,
I need ur help, whenever i'm on the net, my IE browser restarts, thereby loosing everything i had been working on. Any clues as to what i should do?
Re: My Internet Explorer Restarts! by uspry1(f): 4:03am On Aug 22, 2008
Huh? your IE browser restarts itself! Scratch my head!

Sound weird to me! Wait a minute---be right back while i make popcorn and serve my drink and then soon sitting down to enjoy watching IE restart itself on your monitor! Sound fun to me!! grin

Tell me which version IE you have? Which OS you use? Have you scan the latest Windows update lately? What about anti-virus software installed?
Re: My Internet Explorer Restarts! by bigboyslim(m): 5:22am On Aug 22, 2008
Off the top of my head, I can't recall having experienced anything similar to IE restarting. I would suggest that you download Mozilla firefox browser if you don't already have it and try to use that for your browsing and see if it works.
You could also use the age long troubleshooting secret. "RESTART YOUR PC" and see if the problem persists.
Re: My Internet Explorer Restarts! by akannitao(m): 10:42am On Aug 22, 2008
does your computer complain of insufficient memory when it restarts ie? you most likely have a virus on ur sys. u know what to do when you have virus right?
Re: My Internet Explorer Restarts! by akannitao(m): 10:55am On Aug 22, 2008
you can also check add-ons that are enabled in your web browser. if there is anyone there you do not recognise, disable it. add ons are programs that extendt the functionality of your web browser. to disable some you don't recognise, click on the tools menu on your web browser, select manage add-ons option. a dialog box opens. you definitely will see a list of add-ons, yahoo has to be there, so also google, unless you don't visit those sites. then select and disable any name you dont recognise. be careful, disabling some will cause some sites not to open. you can also reach me on 08025755375 for more details.
Re: My Internet Explorer Restarts! by burla: 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2008
@uspry1

Please did you see the topic I posted about "Intending A+ Certification Holder, bla bla bla" please I'd really like you to check it cos I know you can help with what I specified there, I await your response, ciao!!!

@poster

maybe you should just uninstall the IE or better still upgrade it to IE7 if thats not what you're using yet or even better still get mozilla firefox 3 , far better than IE, I'm sure you IE is probably corrupted or something, goodluck!
Re: My Internet Explorer Restarts! by uspry1(f): 2:12pm On Aug 22, 2008
@burla++

Go see your post i have my answers there!
Re: My Internet Explorer Restarts! by namzo(m): 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2008
my solution: Forget IE. Get firefox 3! grin
Re: My Internet Explorer Restarts! by sojioguns(m): 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2008
Namzo said it all. IE is rubbish. Firefox, Safari and Google CHrome. Choose one.

(1) (Reply)

Multilinks Blue Broadband Router For Sale, / Gsm Recharge Card Printing Software! / Is Simple Server Still Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.