Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,544 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics (5929 Views)

U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs USA (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by presido1: 3:30pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

Yeah this is from me and never once did i say "12 year old boy" "12 year old boy beat USA with 15 gold" so on and so forth.
U did not specify the gender thats why i said in ma second post that "weda boy or gyl makes no diff". Coming to the 15 gold, i put it only to tell you that even if the "12 yr old Chinese" cheated and IOC cancelled his/her medal(gold) the diff b/w China and US still remains a staggering 14. U get me now?
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by savanaha: 3:31pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

Yeah this is from me and never once did i say "12 year old boy" "12 year old boy beat USA with 15 gold" so on and so forth.

I think what he is basically saying is that even if the claim of a 12 yr old girl acting as a 16 yr old were true and that one gold was stripped. It would be one gold stripped and not 15 gold medals therefore China would still be on top as that one person did not individaully win all 15 gold medals for CHina
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by presido1: 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2008
savanaha:

I think what he is basically saying is that even if the claim of a 12 yr old girl acting as a 16 yr old were true and that one gold was stripped. It would be one gold stripped and not 15 gold medals therefore China would still be on top as that one person did not individaully win all 15 gold medals for CHina
Thanks dude
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2008
savanaha:

Good thing you are a good debater. I was in a debating too  so maybe our coaches taught us differently on how to debate. Anyhow the reason I brought up Marion Jones again is because you make it seem like the Chinese did not actively search to ensure people were not cheating. The reason the food for this olympics were tightly regulated is because the Chinese grow their foods with steroids which then end up looking like the athletes are doping.

I don;t get the point of listing the athletes who were banned from competing.

Anyways like someone said the Chinese were hosting the Olympics in their country and they have known for four years so they worked their hardest not to be outdone in their own country and they weren't. In terms of gold medals that is. So anyone can have their suspicions and smell fish all they want
because their victory . . .

First off. . . . i was the Captain on my debate team so i know how to debate. Any ways. . . . nobody trust the Chinese.They do any for the sake of image. Why do you think they only show what 10 percent of China has actual seen. And only 5 percent actually live in. They had the audacity to tell a little girl that she wasn't cute enough to be on stage so she had to stay back stage while "cutier" asian girl lip sync.

SeanT21:

Maybee The Chinese government pay them because they were clearly ANTI-USA!!
Hell yeah. Look at the gymnastic competition. Those Chinese fell, landed wrong, sliped, missed steps. . . . . but would still get gold over the ones who did their routine close to perfect.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2008
savanaha:

presido1:

You did not specify the gender thats why i said in ma second post that "weda boy or gyl makes no diff". Coming to the 15 gold, i put it only to tell you that even if the "12 yr old Chinese" cheated and IOC cancelled his/her medal(gold) the diff b/w China and US still remains a staggering 14. You get me now?
Oka before i go on. . . . how many Chinese gymnast do you think they put out? ONE? NO!!! Why don't you go and look at their roaster.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by SeanT21(f): 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2008
Do they look older than 16 to you?

Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by savanaha: 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2008
SeanT21:

Well, The USA Olympic Commitee had nothing to do with it. She did it on her own. Soo You ahev to blame her as an individual.
Maybee The Chinese government pay them because they were clearly ANTI-USA!!

The USA olympic commitee might not have actively had anything to do with her but she definitely did not do it on her own. According to Jones her coach gave it to her without her knowledge. No the question is who hired the coach.
This comes back to if the allegation against the female Chinese gymnist were true I doubt the Chinese Olympic committee knew about it either.

In regards to the comment of the Chinese government paying the IOC to rig things because IOC or Chinese government are anti USA. That is just baseless, if they were so Anti- USA then why is this said country having the most medals. They even ranked themselves above China for medal count even though the gold weighs heavier. Also the Chinese route for alot American players. An the president (Prime Minister) had talks with lil Bush concerning religious restrictions.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by presido1: 3:39pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

Oka before i go on. . . . how many Chinese gymnast do you think they put out? ONE? NO!!! Why don't you go and look at their roaster.
Not how many they put out but how many did the Americans labelled under age?

onyinye2:

First off. . . . i was the Captain on my debate team so i know how to debate. Any ways. . . . nobody trust the Chinese.They do any for the sake of image. Why do you think they only show what 10 percent of China has actual seen. And only 5 percent actually live in. They had the audacity to tell a little girl that she wasn't cute enough to be on stage so she had to stay back stage while "cutier" asian girl lip sync.
Hell yeah. Look at the gymnastic competition. Those Chinese fell, landed wrong, sliped, missed steps. . . . . but would still get gold over the ones who did their routine close to perfect.
Do u think the Americans are not anti China? You are making a big mistake. Not only America the west is anti china.
Before will they do it for the sake of shadow
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by SeanT21(f): 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2008
presido1:

Not how many they put out but how many did the Americans labelled under age?
Do u think the Americans are not anti China? You are making a big mistake. Not only America the west is anti china.
Before will they do it for the sake of shadow

But Will they use it against them. NO!!
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 3:45pm On Aug 24, 2008
@presido
Majority of the women's team were labled underage except for one who was supposely 20 years old.
Why do you think folk are Anti China huh? You see all those women who carry signs where ever the team is about to move to its next event. . . . they had to be stripped before a panel just to make sure they were "beautiful enough".
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by presido1: 3:45pm On Aug 24, 2008
SeanT21:

But Will they use it against them. NO!!
Will they use what against them?
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by savanaha: 3:49pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

First off. . . am not in no competition with you on debating teams, you brought up debate. I could careless about your debating credentials because their is nothing at stake here for me. In terms of the 10 % and 5% stuff China is still a third world country so I doubt they are hiding that. They are hosting an event which the whole world is coming to both the rich and the poor so I doubt they would show the worst parts of their country. Their opening ceremony has been recognized as one of the best yet. . . I doubt you would have a party in your house and show anything you deem embarrassing. Like leaving your undies out when people come to the party. In terms of the girl lip synching, it was bad but I doubt it phased the Chinese at all. The Americans quickly showed that as if they would let a fat person sing at something that big. Shoot. . . they hardly let fat people on American Idol. Lets be honest cute sells, how many non cute kids on mere commercials here, much less. America likes to dig other peoples dirt to make them feel better about themselves.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by presido1: 3:53pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

@presido
Majority of the women's team were labled underage except for one who was supposely 20 years old.
Why do you think folk are Anti China huh? You see all those women who carry signs where ever the team is about to move to its next event. . . . they had to be stripped before a panel just to make sure they were "beautiful enough".
Onyii u are talking as if you don't know whatz going on in this world we live in. Whats wrong is selecting Beautiful okpekes for the event.
Will u take an ugly girls as your flower gyls on that day cool cool cool cool. Even now am watching the London Party for the 2012 Olympics, have not seen any urg gyl on stage. All the gyls here are tantalizing. Abeg chinese too get beautiful gyls to show the world. Before i always feel chinese no get am for back but this olympics have changed my thought about them gyls.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by SeanT21(f): 3:54pm On Aug 24, 2008
presido1:

Will they use what against them?

U said that the West Hated China. However, They will not use that against them if the Olympics were held in the US!!

They will play fair and give everyone the points they deserve. I can't convince you that China Cheated because you didn't watch the Gymanstic. Everyone that saw the gymanstics competition know that The Judges cheated Nasta Luiken Alicia Sacromone and Shawn Johnson.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by savanaha: 3:55pm On Aug 24, 2008
SeanT21:

Do they look older than 16 to you?

I don't know what a 16 yr or older Chinese girl should look like. Am a 20 yr old and people say I look 16.

Before the Olympics rumors were surfacing that the Chinese government were telling bar owners to not patronize blacks and Mongolians as far as am concerned its still rumors. I didn't go to China and find out. By the way the West is not only anti China but Anti any country that they want to be. Whether it comes down to owning Nuclear reactors or gold medals.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by presido1: 3:57pm On Aug 24, 2008
savanaha:

I don't know what a 16 yr or older Chinese girl should look like. Am a 20 yr old and people say I look 16.

Before the Olympics rumors were surfacing that the Chinese government were telling bar owners to not patronize blacks and Mongolians as far as am concerned its still rumors. I didn't go to China and find out. By the way the West is not only anti China but Anti any country that they want to be. Whether it comes down to owning Nuclear reactors or gold medals.
lol
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 3:57pm On Aug 24, 2008
savanaha:

First off. . . am not in no competition with you on debating teams, you brought up debate. I could careless about your debating credentials because their is nothing at stake here for me. In terms of the 10 % and 5% stuff China is still a third world country so I doubt they are hiding that. They are hosting an event which the whole world is coming to both the rich and the poor so I doubt they would show the worst parts of their country. Their opening ceremony has  been recognized as one of the best yet. . . I doubt you would have a party in your house and show anything you deem embarrassing. Like leaving your undies out when people come to the party.  In terms of the girl lip synching, it was bad but I doubt it phased the Chinese at all. The Americans quickly showed that as if they would let a fat person sing at something that big. Shoot. . . they hardly let fat people on American Idol. Lets be honest cute sells, how many non cute kids on mere commercials here, much less. America likes to dig other peoples dirt to make them feel better about themselves.
Ahh i guess that just makes us some big bullies huh? LOL. Anyways. . . that is how it works. You show the good and the bad of a country. Watch the news. . . they show the good and the bad of the USA. I have even experienced some of those places deemed as a "ghetto". China is using these Olympics as a way to spread more propaganda. Watch CNN, ABC, CBS they all are saying this. In fact i don't even need to watch the news to know that it is propaganda.

presido1:

Onyii u are talking as if you don't know whatz going on in this world we live in. Whats wrong is selecting Beautiful okpekes for the event.
Will u take an ugly girls as your flower gyls on that day cool cool cool cool. Even now am watching the London Party for the 2012 Olympics, have not seen any urg gyl on stage. All the gyls here are tantalizing. Abeg chinese too get beautiful gyls to show the world. Before i always feel chinese no get am for back but this olympics have changed my thought about them gyls.
Are you serious? Are you really serious? So these London chix you sip tea with. . . . did the gov't tell them to strip before them to see if they were gorgeous enough?
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2008
savanaha:

I felt like screaming when i watched the Gymnastics. My own mother even refused to watch the gymnastics section even though it is her favorite competition. They were biased and obviously blind.

savanaha:

This is truly sad.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by SeanT21(f): 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2008
savanaha:

America hates China becasue of a differnet reason. HUMAN RIGHTS DUH!!!

Can you tell me why the USA want to be China?
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 24, 2008
SeanT21:

America hates China ke? Isn't it the other way around?

Even if America does hate china, they can't do anything abt it. America depends on China, economically.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 4:10pm On Aug 24, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

America hates China ke? Isn't it the other way around?

Even if America does hate china, they can't do anything about it. America depends on China, economically.
America doesnt hate China. In previous years they had a "No Communicating W/ China" policy. They have started to break some of those obstacles. They are not necessarily America's best friend because of the Human Rights Policy, Tibet, and the exile of certain buddhist monks.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by savanaha: 4:16pm On Aug 24, 2008
onyinye2:

Ahh i guess that just makes us some big bullies huh? LOL. Anyways. . . that is how it works. [b]You show the good and the bad of a country. [/b]Watch the news. . . they show the good and the bad of the USA. I have even experienced some of those places deemed as a "ghetto". China is using these Olympics as a way to spread more propaganda. Watch CNN, ABC, CBS they all are saying this. In fact i don't even need to watch the news to know that it is propaganda.
Are you serious? Are you really serious? So these London chix you sip tea with. . . . did the gov't tell them to strip before them to see if they were gorgeous enough?

In terms of showwing the good and the bad thats not very true. American media and government are not that forthcoming with the good and the bad. It was just the other day that I found out that their are Americans dying of starvation. I was flabbergasted at that. . . and that the mortality rate in Memphis Tenn. is as high as it is. I have been living here for four years and I didn't know that because Americans are so busy looking for the bad and the ugly in other countries. They tekk give a cent to help fly infested children in some no name African country ( they call the country Africa) while hunger and death are ravishing people who were born here and hold citizenship cards. Oh please. . . tell someone who was born yesterday about propaganda. How many dateline, Nightline 20/20, 48hrs episode is the death of a white male or female throughly investigated when a black death is treated as a rodent trap or insignificant waste of time. Even in the nightly news a black man commits a crime their face gets well splattered and when I white crime is committed it is given a few seconds air time. The United States of America wrote, signed and patented the book on propaganda.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by triistar86: 4:17pm On Aug 24, 2008
Onyinye2,
The last time I checked U were still an Igbo Girl from Nigeria Even if you now have the citizenship of America. Please let your arguments be two sided We all know the extent US can go to preserve their Pride in the first place, So people who live in the US should be careful about whatever it is we get from the US media. US would never concede to defeat easily, they would always give one reason or the other to backup their reasons for losing. I am really getting sick of this their Status of wanting to be the best and remain the best in everything. Are they trying to make us bliv that all the other countries less privilege in everything they do, Just because US is the "World Power". Pls lets not argue blindly,
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by savanaha: 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2008
triistar86:

Onyinye2,
The last time I checked You were still an Igbo Girl from Nigeria Even if you now have the citizenship of America. Please let your arguments be two sided We all know the extent US can go to preserve their Pride in the first place, So people who live in the US should be careful about whatever it is we get from the US media. US would never concede to defeat easily, they would always give one reason or the other to backup their reasons for losing. I am really getting sick of this their Status of wanting to be the best and remain the best in everything. Are they trying to make us bliv that all the other countries less privilege in everything they do, Just because US is the "World Power". Please lets not argue blindly,

Ohh. . . good to know we are both Igbos living in America. However, I have not been brains washed that much by America, probably because I lived else where before here. The might be the world power but even some of the most powerful people in the world have weaknesses.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 24, 2008
Of course, every country wants to make themselves look good. America is just overdoing it by digging out the bad in other countries, instead of cleaning out the dirts in their own backyard.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 4:27pm On Aug 24, 2008
triistar86:

Onyinye2,
The last time I checked You were still an Igbo Girl from Nigeria Even if you now have the citizenship of America. Please let your arguments be two sided We all know the extent US can go to preserve their Pride in the first place, So people who live in the US should be careful about whatever it is we get from the US media. US would never concede to defeat easily, they would always give one reason or the other to backup their reasons for losing. I am really getting sick of this their Status of wanting to be the best and remain the best in everything. Are they trying to make us bliv that all the other countries less privilege in everything they do, Just because US is the "World Power". Please lets not argue blindly,  
Yes im an igbo girl and proud of it. I am have a Nigerian citizenship because my parents are from there. And i have ALWAYS had an American citizenship. Thank you very much. Of course no country will take defeat easily. Look at some of those Middle Eastern countries who punished some of its players for losing. Winning means a lot. Why do you think some of these Nigerians of this thread went on a freakin hunger strike when they lost in soccer? Winning brings pride and happiness to a country. So of course being that China is not the favorite of any country will do anything to restore pride to its country.

savanaha:

In terms of showwing the good and the bad thats not very true. American media and government are not that forthcoming with the good and the bad. It was  just the other day that I found out that their are Americans dying of starvation. I was flabbergasted at that. . . and that the mortality rate in Memphis Tenn. is as high as it is. I have been living here for four years and I didn't know that because Americans are so busy looking for the bad and the ugly in other countries. They tekk give a cent to help fly infested children in some no name African country ( they call the country Africa) while hunger and death are ravishing people who were born here and hold citizenship cards. Oh please. . . tell someone who was born yesterday about propaganda.  How many dateline, Nightline 20/20, 48hrs episode is the death of a white male or female throughly investigated when a black death is treated as a rodent trap or insignificant waste of time. Even in the nightly news a black man commits a crime their face gets well splattered and when I white crime is committed it is given a few seconds air time. The United States of America wrote, signed and patented the book on propaganda.
Oh stop your complaining. What do you want huh? Is it America's fault that you failed to take a little ownership of reading up on your host country's news? Do you want a national apology? Everyones knows not to rely on one source for information. Read a book, open a magazine, search the internet.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by SeanT21(f): 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2008
savanaha:

In terms of showwing the good and the bad thats not very true. American media and government are not that forthcoming with the good and the bad. It was just the other day that I found out that their are Americans dying of starvation. I was flabbergasted at that. . . and that the mortality rate in Memphis Tenn. is as high as it is. I have been living here for four years and I didn't know that because Americans are so busy looking for the bad and the ugly in other countries. They tekk give a cent to help fly infested children in some no name African country ( they call the country Africa) while hunger and death are ravishing people who were born here and hold citizenship cards. Oh please. . . tell someone who was born yesterday about propaganda. How many dateline, Nightline 20/20, 48hrs episode is the death of a white male or female throughly investigated when a black death is treated as a rodent trap or insignificant waste of time. Even in the nightly news a black man commits a crime their face gets well splattered and when I white crime is committed it is given a few seconds air time. The United States of America wrote, signed and patented the book on propaganda.

That is why Petterson case was all over the news channel. Some white lady who daughter is missing is all over the news channel every damn day. Which Black Man are You talkin about?

America DO NOT HIDE THE FACT THE CITIZENS ARE SUFFERING. EVERYDAY THEY TALK ABOUT HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT RATE, HIGHT TEEN PREGNANCY RATE AND OTHERS. THEY ALSO TALK ABOUT HOW MANY IN USA HAVE NO HEALTH INSURANCE.

ABOUT THE FEED THE CHILDREN THING, ARE U MAD THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO RAISE MONEY TO HELP THE POOR IN AFRICA. HOW MANY COUNTRIES DO YOU KNOW SENT BILLIONS OF AID TO AFRICA.

YOU CAN HATE AMERICA LL YOU WANT BUT COME UP WITH BETTER REASONING.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Of course, every country wants to make themselves look good. America is just overdoing it by digging out the bad in other countries, instead of cleaning out the dirts in their own backyard.
Yes and no. America does have its faults just like everyone. The problem is people only think of the USA as only the good. So when they hear of the bad it is like. . . . "OMG!!! I can't believe this actually exist in this country."
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2008
SeanT21:

That is why Petterson case was all over the news channel. Some white lady who daughter is missing is all over the news channel every damn day. Which Black Man are You talkin about?

America DO NOT HIDE THE FACT THE CITIZENS ARE SUFFERING. EVERYDAY THEY TALK ABOUT HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT RATE, HIGHT TEEN PREGNANCY RATE AND OTHERS. THEY ALSO TALK ABOUT HOW MANY IN USA HAVE NO HEALTH INSURANCE.

ABOUT THE FEED THE CHILDREN THING, ARE You MAD THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO RAISE MONEY TO HELP THE POOR IN AFRICA. HOW MANY COUNTRIES DO YOU KNOW SENT BILLIONS OF AID TO AFRICA.

YOU CAN HATE AMERICA LL YOU WANT BUT COME UP WITH BETTER REASONING.
Oh SeanT don't mind him. He wants to blame the US for his lack of knowing his host country history and faults.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by idupaul: 4:34pm On Aug 24, 2008
@savannah

av seen ur posts, pls take my advice and do somtim more meaninful instead of arguing with people dat never see reason in what others say.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by presido1: 4:35pm On Aug 24, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Iwu ezigbo nwanyi grin grin grin.
US is angry cuz everything is shifting to China.
SeanT21:

America hate china cuz of human right huh, Don't America have their own human right flaws(From rendition to water boarding).
onyinye2:

Yes and no. America does have its faults just like everyone. The problem is people only think of the USA as only the good. So when they hear of the bad it is like. . . . "OMG!!! I can't believe this actually exist in this country."
Thatz cuz they never report such in US but do in other country.
Re: China Vs Usa In 2008 Olympics by onyinye2(f): 4:36pm On Aug 24, 2008
idupaul:

@savannah
av seen your posts, please take my advice and do somtim more meaninful instead of arguing with people that never see reason in what others say.
Oh im sorry that im not Nigerian enough to understand his post. I guess it proves im a fake Nigerian and the only thing really Nigerian about me is my name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD UCL VIDEO: Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid 3-0 2017 Goals & Highlights / 18+ Photos: Upcoming Nollywood Actress Who Posed Nude For A Magazine Cover Says / Movingbet Are Scammers.see Proof (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.