|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,022,794 members, 4,312,807 topics. Date: Friday, 22 June 2018 at 05:45 PM
|Is Snoring Reflex Or Voluntary - Some Simple Remedies by more4dlord: 8:29pm On Aug 25, 2008|
As a Health is Wealth Ambassador, I find that many case of snoring has evolved in my home homes and even between lovers. It usually isn't THEIR snoring they're concerned about, but rather their spouse's! So in the interest of a good night's sleep for the "non-snoring" population, here are some tips to help our beloved "afflicted" ones:
I've found snoring to be caused by a few factors, and lifestyle modification is the answer to many of them:
1. Eating too late at night
2. Eating too much late in the day, at night before bed, and/or eating too many carbohydrates (pastas, breads, starches, etc.)
3. Sleep and exercise go hand-in-hand and if neither is balanced, you're more likely to snore. And snoring can cause a "vicious cycle" because if you're not getting enough sleep or you're only getting a poor quality of sleep you'll be less motivated to exercise because they are simply too tired; and if you haven't exercised, you'll be less likely to get into a deep, restful state of sleep to catch up.
4. Exposure to tobacco, especially commercial cigarettes, notice I said exposure, particularly when combined with the other "risk factors" I've mentioned above, can increase the chances for snoring. I've observed that even second hand smoke can increase incidences of snoring!
The GOOD news is snoring can be greatly reduced or eliminated with a few simple lifestyle changes! Hooray!
May I suggest:
1. Start a simple exercise plan each day, walk for 15-30 minutes, the more rigorous, the better, brisk, fast paced walking is better than running, as it causes less damage to the body.
2. Eat smaller meals and eat regularly throughout the day. Don't bunch up all your food, your calories, for night time. This will produce good results for your waistline, as well!
3. Get to sleep at a regular time and create some habit to help you do that. For example, if I wanted to be asleep by 10 PM each night I would:
a. Turn off the TV by 9:00 PM (record your favorite shows and watch them tomorrow!)
b. Drink some valerian or chamomile tea to help soothe your body and mind and ready them for sleep.
c. Read a little bit in bed.
d. Exercise during the day, which can help you fall asleep the fastest!
4. Reduce or eliminate tobacco usage.
Unfortunately, there aren't any known vitamins or supplements that will help stop snoring, however there is a new gadget out that might help you eliminate it. Check out the Nasailine Snoring Device. It comes in medium and large sizes. This unique device was innovatively designed for optimal nostril expansion, without discomfort, to help us sleep better naturally, breathe easier, snore less, and get relief from both allergy and cold symptoms. It can be used to improve physical activity by improving air intake.
Snoring should not be confused with sleep apnea, which is when someone's breathing "skips" or "pauses" during sleep. If you notice this to be the case, you should consult with a sleep doctor or sleep expert in Nigeria or go online. You can read more about sleep apnea at http://www.sleepapnea.org
|Re: Is Snoring Reflex Or Voluntary - Some Simple Remedies by glovicage(m): 10:52am On Aug 26, 2008|
a nice you've gotten there. the truth is that so many naijas are yet to realise that snoring as a serious health issue if not properly managed, could degenerate or lead to the break-up of a once bubbling relationship. you say it's a lie? pose it as a question to forum members.keep up the good work, man. nice job well done.
|Re: Is Snoring Reflex Or Voluntary - Some Simple Remedies by jnrmadcres: 4:45pm On Aug 26, 2008|
BOTH.reflex to the body and voluntary to the organ[brain] that is responsible for postures and balance while sleeping.
|Re: Is Snoring Reflex Or Voluntary - Some Simple Remedies by more4dlord: 10:59am On Aug 27, 2008|
Thank you nairalanders, just you say i have a series of lecture on habit that tear any relationship apart
reach out for it at the general discussion or romance /dating session
God bless you ,
The Beloved is talking
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56