Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here (2268 Views)

Come Here For Your Pc Games!!! New 2015 Games / Come Here For Your Pc Games!!! New 2015 Games / Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by iykedee: 11:54am On Aug 26, 2008
Metal Gear Solid 4 is the summation of a cleverly thought out and wonderfully implemented game with a story line that took upwards of a decade to tell. I just finished this game on the default setting and I am currently playing on it's hardest setting (boss hard). If you love mgs4, come let's share our experiences.
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by lungwun(m): 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2008
What bloody experience?
this is an angry ex-360 fan speaking here.
bought a ps3 just for mgs4 and the game does not load after speaking to meryl in the villa in act 2.
just as laughing octopus and the frog soldiers attack.
i never experienced such with my 360 (faulty game discs).
sony need to upgrade thier shit really fast.
play beyond my ass!!!
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by iykedee: 3:50pm On Aug 27, 2008
I played through smoothly and I've been using my ps3 for more than a year now. The only thing I experienced on 2 occasions was that the ps3 refused to power up after a power surge and it normally starts working a couple of hours later. Maybe there was error when you downloaded the firmware or when you loaded the game to the hard drive. Why dont you try playing it from scratch again. No man-made machine is a 100% . Better luck nxt time.
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by lungwun(m): 3:54pm On Aug 27, 2008
have done all that. infact i have started from scratch 3 times now.
i am currently downloading firmware update 2.42 to see if it helps the console.
if i does not, i will sell the bloody thing and go back to my beloved 360.
hype, hype, hype, and no performance.
rubbish!
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by iykedee: 8:57am On Aug 28, 2008
I have noticed that when a product launches, the quality is usually vintage but the price would be on the high side. I am guessing you've got the 40 gig version. Neeways, I know it's really painful when stuff like this happens. Better luck after you download version 2.42 firmware
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by lungwun(m): 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2008
yeah i got the 40gb version. and also yeah it is going up for sale immediately.
can believe i sold my 360.
how very silly of me.
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by iykedee: 3:21pm On Aug 28, 2008
Sorry bro, if you had the chance to actually play mgs4 to the end, you'd agree it's the best game ever. Try and sell the 40gb version and get a 60gb version (NTSC). Thats what I have and it has served me like a loyal servant and its on like 14 hrs everyday.
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by lungwun(m): 3:42pm On Aug 28, 2008
well from what i have played so far, all the hype just seems like exaggeration.
i was pleased to see vamp after such a long time but besides that i have no connection to the beauty and the beast corp.
and i must say they are the silliest bad guys in the whole of the game series.
what happened to guys like vamp? the end? fortune? psycho mantis?
these ones here just do not cut the cake in terms of ingenuity.
maybe i am just pissed.
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by iykedee: 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2008
You got that right, you are just pissed, if I remember correctly, you said the game wldn't progress past act 2, how then can u rate the B&B corps when you haven't met any of them. When I say, this game is deep, I mean it. The real meat of the game is during the later acts. B4 I forget, have you tried playing another mgs4 cd on ur machine, I saw in a forum about gaming that it cld be the cd and not the machine. If other games play well on your system, then it's definitely the cd. Did you buy the cd from someone or you bought it brand new?

In as much as I appreciate your situation, I wld encourage you to actually play this game to the game cos you haven't even gotten to the yummy parts.
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by vowiski(m): 8:01am On Aug 29, 2008
@ lungwun
YOU JUST WANT TO BE HEARD!
keep talkin,,
i got d belife, that u never got any ps3.
so just keep ranting like a punk all thru nairaland, afterall it's in YOU!
GO PS FANS!
PLAY BEYOUND!
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by iykedee: 9:16am On Aug 29, 2008
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by xJaysonx(m): 12:38pm On Aug 29, 2008
To Iykedee.

Feel u mayne, i knew that game would be off the hinges without being told. Have been an MGS fan since i was 12. I watched all the previews before it was released and i can't wait to play the game.

Personally, my best mission game ever.
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by McBrave(m): 12:39pm On Aug 29, 2008
@ vowiski
 Hey dude u must be very sily to say that to him, I mean you are even more stupid as your ps 3 console is. Just because you keep giving probes to ps 3 console that doesnt make you better than him, let me tell you something dawg, the only thing you got is you and little brick and water games and if you you can just come here and start dissing dudes you should have another thought before doing such a lame talk. Nerd!  angry
@ lungwun
  Hey homs, dont listen to that G, he just too sily to understand. sad
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by Zedman(m): 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2008
Hey guys!!!
Where is the love??
Stop this dissing. lipsrsealed.
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by iykedee: 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2008
I feel you zedman, where is all the gaddam luv? We don't want fanboys here, we just wanna share an experience (Mgs4). No dissing please. xjaysonx, avail yourself the honour, get this game and play it, savouring every minute. The game is freaking awesome dude!!!!!!!!
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by A2J(m): 2:50pm On Aug 29, 2008
Any Metal Gear Solid series available on PSP?
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by mufuteeeee(m): 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2008
@A2J
Yes there is.
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by xJaysonx(m): 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2008
iykedee:

I feel you zedman, where is all the gaddam love? We don't want fanboys here, we just want to share an experience (Mgs4). No dissing please. xjaysonx, avail yourself the honour, get this game and play it, savouring every minute. The game is freaking awesome dude!!!!!!!!

Are u totally done with the CD?, I mean do u want to do away with it. . .If u know what i mean. . . wink
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by chipass(m): 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2008
Hi everyone,

I killed off laughing octopus last night. However, a curious thing happened. I used a RPG on the laughing fool but she didn't die. Any reason why this happened? Finally got her with my operator but the bitch nearly strangled me snake though.

Yeah. The game is awesome (certainly the best I ever played) and I only just got started.
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by lungwun(m): 10:43pm On Aug 30, 2008
vowiski:

@ lungwun
YOU JUST WANT TO BE HEARD!
keep talkin,,
i got d belife, that u never got any ps3.
so just keep ranting like a punk all through nairaland, afterall it's in YOU!
GO PS FANS!
PLAY BEYOUND!
who the hell is this guy!
its already annoying that my disc does not work! and here he comes doubting me! (insult upon injury).
its all good tho.
NOW @ VOWISKI, YOU CLAIM TO HAVE FINISHED THE GAME 3 TIMES!
LET ME BRING OUT THE LIAR IN YOU.
MY GAME STOPS LOADING IN ACT 2.
BUT LET ME ASK YOU THESE QUESTIONS.
1. HOW MANY WEAPONS AND ITEMS CAN YOU EQUIP AT ANY TIME.
2. WHAT IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE WEAPON IN DREBINS STORE?
3. HOW MANY DREBIN POINTS DO YOU GET FOR AN ASSAULT RIFLE PICKED UP IN THE FIELD.
THESE QEUSTIONS ARE REASONABLY EASY, ALL YOU SHOULD DO IS BOOT UP YOUR CONSOLE AND
YOU SHOULD GET IT IN 3-4 MINUTES.
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by TPS360: 5:43am On Sep 01, 2008
was a big metal gear solid fan in my teen years, the best action/undecover game of all time, better than 007
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by iykedee: 9:11am On Sep 01, 2008
xjaysonx, I am currently on my 2nd play through on boss hard but if you've got a good deal, lay it on the table and we can negotiate. My number is 08034975765. Do you live in lagos cos I do.
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by lungwun(m): 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2008
@ iykedee
its very unfortunate you live in lagos. I would have bought the game off you
to see if the fault is with my disc or console. is there any way we can work something out?
will call later in the day.
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by iykedee: 2:34pm On Sep 01, 2008
@lungwun,
I most definitely think the problem is your cd cos the hardware has a very low failure rate. When you call, we'll see.
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by ps3fanboy: 2:57pm On Sep 01, 2008
I have played through the game once. Very cool graphics, animation and blend of gameplay . Also brings fond memorys for people who have played the older series. Loved it and will keep my copy for a while for it surely a collectors item.

In line with Ps3 issues, my console just goes off on its own during a game. I have to wait like 3 mins before i can switch it back on. i am guessing my step down transformer is acting up again.i might need to change it.
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by iykedee: 3:04pm On Sep 01, 2008
@ps3fanboy
Dude, welcome to the jet age, you dont need a Step-down TF. Plug it directly and play, now, thats plug and play. Google the phrase "ps3 universal power supply) and see it 4 urself.
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by lungwun(m): 3:21pm On Sep 01, 2008
No shakes man! will give you a shout out later in the day.
cheers.
@ ps3fanboy
iykedee said on another thread that he plays his without the step-up transformer.
and his is american. i just need one more person to verify the fact before i try it out.
so could you please experiment for us?
i will owe you one grin
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by lungwun(m): 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2008
hmmm
come to think of it, iykedee is quite right.
tho its been rumoured that the japanese versions use 100v.
but due to our unstable power supply in naija, i think i will stick to the
step-down for a little longer.
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by iykedee: 3:59pm On Sep 01, 2008
@lungwun
Just google"ps3 universal power suppy" for the theory and take my word as the practical
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by texazzpete(m): 5:05pm On Sep 01, 2008
I use an NTSC Ps3 and have always used my PS3 with a step down.
One day i stepped out and came back to find my neighbours had been using my PS3 connected directly to the mains for 3 hours without any issue.

I take this to mean the Ps3 power brick can handle all voltages. . .but i haven't seen the actual voltage range written down on any manual, so i still use the step down just in case.

i once mistakenly connected my 360 directly to power, i heard a fizzing sound. Those of you who have blown the power panel on the Playstation 1 will know what i mean, the sound of that big capacitor getting ready to pop. I quickly switched off the 360.

Still works, though. I guess i switched it off just in time. To be safe, i went out and got a 240V power brick for the 360, so no need for step down anymore. . .
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by timbabng(m): 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2008
I've been using my NTSC ps3 for over a year now without stepdown TF, the ps3 is capable of both voltage ranges.
Re: Metal Gear Solid 4 : Fans Come Here by lungwun(m): 6:40pm On Sep 01, 2008
fellow nairalanders!
i am pleased to report that my mgs is WORKING! i just deleted the former game utility
and installed it all over again!!!
ha ha the future of ps3 is now looking bright.
cheers to all
@ vowiski
where is that wankster now!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Ps4 Connect With Av Cable? / #bbnaija: Big Brother Naija Could Be SATANIC, See Photos, Claims And Proof / Top 5 Best DNS Servers For Gaming In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.