Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Gays In My University! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gays In My University! (3610 Views)

Poll: Is this rise due to poverty or sexual desire?

Poverty: 36% (8 votes)
Sexual desire: 27% (6 votes)
Both: 36% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

What Unizik Best Known For And What I Like Most About My University . / How Do I Find The Passion To Finish my UNIVERSITY EDUCATION. / Suing My University To Court: Any Hope Of Justice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gays In My University! by Mustay(m): 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2008
Gay culture gains ground on varsity campuses
By Sunday Ojeme, Kemi Obasola and Abimbola Adelakun
Published: Tuesday, 26 Aug 2008

A new ‘business’ appears to be taking roots among male students in many universities across the country. Investigations by our correspondents show that a number of male students have now joined their female counterparts to engage in prostitution to get more money. However, while many of the female undergraduates involved make their money from dating rich men, more male students appear to be getting involved in same-sex relationship.

And unlike their female counterparts, the male undergraduates, it was gathered, make more money and get more patronage for obvious reasons. Societal values and legislations work against same-sex relationships. Hence, the number of men involved in sodomy is still low when compared with women engaged in the age long profession of prostitution.

Investigations revealed that the young men make an average of N50,000 from one outing and may get more money when they travel out of their base to meet their partners who usually belong to the affluent group in the society.

Besides, the amount of money a gay male makes depends on whether he acts as the “Top’’ or “bottom’’ in the relationship.

A student in one of the universities in the South-East, who pleaded anonymity, told one of our correspondents that apart from servicing the rich outside the campus, the male undergraduates also encouraged fellow students to engage in the act. Thus, it becomes a case of someone experienced trying to recruit the innocent. “Sometimes, a student can offer to pay as much as N20,000 to another student once he is desperate to have an affair,’’ our source said.

On one occasion, he said, a male student once offered to pay another student N20,000 for an homosexual round. “The student that was offerred the money put his phone on speaker and we were all hearing as the other gay was desperately pleading to even pay in advance,’’ he added.

In a chat with one of our correspondents who pretended to be a researcher last week, another student in one of the federal universities in the South-West, who confessed to be involved in the practice under condition of anonymity, said, “Most of the successful men we see and hear of in Nigeria today are gays. The promiscuity rate is even higher than that of male and female sexual relationship. So, you tend to get more patronage as a gay prostitute. If you get a call now to meet so and so in Abuja or even Dubai on an all-expense-paid trip, won’t you be tempted? Sometimes you get as much as N50,000 or N100,000 depending on how big the man is.”

According to him, there are caucuses of gays who meet regularly at parties, clubs and such other places. Such networking helps any gay male student who is interested in getting to meet clients.

Our correspondents learnt that a number of ‘gay friendly’ clubs had sprang up in some parts of Ikeja and Victoria Island, Lagos State.

Analysing the activities of the group further, [b]a 200-level student who claimed to be ‘gay and proud’ [/b]said, “It really helps to be ‘Top’ in a gay relationship.” According to him, “The ‘Top’ is the male in the relationship. He is the ‘King’ while the ‘Bottom’ is the female or the ‘Queen.’ The Tops are scarce, unlike ‘Bottoms’ that are uncountable and less valued in the booming gay market. If you are a ‘Top’, you get better patronage and you are more valued. That is where the big bucks come from. If you are a queen, chances are that you are looking for love, affection or something like that. You have to spend a lot of money to get a ‘Top’ that wants you.”

While he agreed that some men are ‘wired’ to act as gays, he also confessed that some do it for money and the connections they get to make for their future. For that category of people, he said it might just be a passing phase, something they are doing in school to make money.

“They are in it purely for the money and they usually go ‘top.’ But he insisted that money was not the only reason why some men become gays. You go to exotic parties, catch a lot of fun and the life is dramatic,’’ he said.

He said while on holidays in London, he discovered that it was even very profitable abroad.

You can make as much as £100 per hour or even more. So, you get to travel abroad to do the runs,” he added.

However, while most gays claimed “it is fun,’’ some tend to be more careful in their choice of partners, because according to them, there is the HIV/AIDS scare which could be very dangerous since they get into a lot of frequent unprotected sex.

“Some of these guys are very promiscuous. The ‘Top’ especially get more sexual requests than Bottoms and if one is not careful, one will get over-used. You can’t take all the orders that will be advanced to you. I have been reckless before, but now I am very careful. One has to think of one’s future especially someone like me that desires to get married and have children,” one of them said.

Despite the reported health implications of the act, financial inducement seems to be a strong factor for participation by those who engage in campus homosexuality. While some people confessed to have found themselves in it as a result of peer pressure, others simply believe that they have been wired naturally to dislike the opposite sex.

A lawyer, who confessed that he patronized male university students,  shocked shocked shocked and who spoke under the condition of anonymity, said he became a homosexual during his days as a boarding house pupil.

He said he was introduced into the act by a school mate. “It was very rampant then and I found out that many of my mates were also involved. Though I got married after my university education, I still engage in it now because old habits die hard. I must tell you that it is a terrible habit though because I find it difficult to enjoy sex with my wife. These days, I find male partners among people of my calibre, especially some of my friends that were in the same secondary school with me.

“It is also easier to find willing partners in Abuja, anytime I go there for meetings, I find a new partner. We have different ways of knowing one another; anybody who is not involved in homosexuality can never find out. I hate embarrassment so I do not try to introduce fellow men to it; I only get involved with those that I know are already involved. I have made a lot of contacts through it and it has opened doors for me.” sad sad sad

He said he was aware that a lot of his partners who wanted fresh blood also recruit partners from universities across the country.

“Unlike those in the developed countries who say they are involved in it because they were created that way, many boys in our universities are being enticed with monetary gifts and those who are fortunate to meet wealthy partners have become ‘big boys’ overnight. I pray that my son grows up as normal boys do and I will do all I can so that they do not toe this same line of homosexuality. It is not something that I am proud of no matter how nice some people make it seem,” he said.

Yet, unlike the female prostitutes, investigations revealed that the male students also employed the services of pimps to secure the services of wealthy men.

In addition, there are caucuses of gays who meet regularly at parties, clubs and through online social networks. Such networking helps any gay who is interested in getting to meet clients.

It will be recalled that the Federal Government, in 2006, proposed a bill that would make homosexuality an offence capable of attracting a minimum of five-year jail term for any offender.

Proposing the bill, a former Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Chief Bayo Ojo (SAN), had said it would provide outright prohibition of two men entering into what they wrongly perceive as marriage or two women entering into what they wrongly perceive as marriage.

Commenting on the involvement of more male students in homosexuality, a public analyst, Mr. Sonnie Ekwowusi said, “Gay liberalists in the world are fighting hard to change the natural way normal people look at things. They want marriage to be defined as a union of any two, not a union of a man and a woman. Whenever a gay marriage takes place anywhere gay people ensure that it is given wide publicity in the media.

“But banning of “same-sex marriage” is not enough. The government must review the topics in our secondary school curricula. In many public secondary schools today, the authorities are teaching them immoral topics like homosexuality; giving and receiving pleasure, the use contraceptives; safe-sex with condom; masturbation, etc under the guise of Integrated Science.”
Re: Gays In My University! by Jarus(m): 1:07pm On Aug 26, 2008
I was shaking as I read this. On rin mi la(very nauseating)
Re: Gays In My University! by hclacid(m): 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2008
u guys haven't seen nothing yet, come to brazil and u'll all know what homosexuality is about. it's a pity.
Re: Gays In My University! by Sentra: 10:29pm On Aug 27, 2008
Take heed brethren, signs of the end!!
Re: Gays In My University! by fatimar5(f): 10:24am On Aug 28, 2008
that is true end time is near. May God deliver us.
Re: Gays In My University! by playmate(f): 10:15pm On Aug 28, 2008
yeah dis is all very scary bt its reality,i still dnt gt y one shuld b proud of being homosexual .ellen degeneres got married 2 portia n all americans were congratul8in dem n i was like dis is disgustin.
Re: Gays In My University! by KarmaMod(f): 10:25pm On Aug 28, 2008
as a moderator yourself, shouldnt you know this is a repeat thread?
Re: Gays In My University! by Mustay(m): 1:04pm On Aug 29, 2008
KarmaMod:

as a moderator yourself, shouldnt you know this is a repeat thread?

the culture board is a place for Nigerian languages, traditions, practices, et cetera.

This peice relates more to Education than Culture.

gedit? cool
Re: Gays In My University! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 30, 2008
However some people can't just bear the sight of opposite sex genitals. How about that? They feel attracted to their own same sex organ. Who is going to be the Judge? The Judge,police and Govt.officers are mostly gay folks. It is alarming but when you look at how some people are sex starved because of religion or age, homosexuality will continue until God comes down to repossess His possession-EARTH. When I was growing up my father was only comfortable seeing me in the room with male friends, that is not the manner to bring up one's boys or girls. They must mix up and have it (not talking about sin here)if not more gays are being groomed unknowingly.
Re: Gays In My University! by mechengin(m): 3:43pm On Sep 01, 2008
I think nothing is wrong in that.i am one of them.bye
Re: Gays In My University! by delejames(m): 4:24pm On Sep 01, 2008
mechengin:

I think nothing is wrong in that.i am one of them.bye

Then u are so so Sick,you need a revival!!!!!
Re: Gays In My University! by KarmaMod(f): 4:25pm On Sep 01, 2008
Mustay:

the culture board is a place for Nigerian languages, traditions, practices, et cetera.

This peice relates more to Education than Culture.

gedit? cool

Then why not MOVE the original thread, HERE?
Re: Gays In My University! by djkunect(m): 2:34pm On Sep 14, 2008
Good job poster. I really appreciate this piece. The act is really disgusting and I hope they all CHANGE!
Re: Gays In My University! by tboy1(m): 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2008
I never knew there were openly gay dudes in naija until i went clubbin in lagos a month ago . . . almost 6 of them came into the club and started doin rubbish . . . they were touchin up on each other and dancin so obscene just to piss ppl off in d club . . . they were nt even doing this in d corner but right in d middle of the dance floor . . . dont know why, but it ws funny to me, they probably did all that to get attention
Re: Gays In My University! by xcubed(m): 11:20pm On Sep 14, 2008
Why the tori cum long like this now
Re: Gays In My University! by kodkovski: 11:36am On Sep 15, 2008
Well, all i can say is that religion forbids it. Although am into it and i find pleasure in it
Re: Gays In My University! by djkunect(m): 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2008
Hey man. You just said it, "Religion forbids it" Or do you want to go to hell? It's a temporary pleasure and it's not worth it. Pease CHANGE and I bet you will be very glad you did.
Re: Gays In My University! by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 17, 2008
well, why are u all acting surprised Isnt their a gay church in Lagos Now?
Re: Gays In My University! by xcubed(m): 1:16am On Sep 18, 2008
a what?!!! In lagos? Who is the bastard that registered the church and hu is the bastard wedding joiner(can call him a pastor cuz that will be a sin), i wonder if parents of the bi-sexual people do come for the weddings and they will do engaement for their lovely wedded bastard couple, This is utterly disgusting!
Re: Gays In My University! by MP007(m): 7:30am On Sep 19, 2008
poverty can make you gay? u must have lost your mind undecided
Re: Gays In My University! by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 19, 2008
there is definitely a gay church in Lagos! i thought everyone knew bout this already. it was even on BBC and all, what a shame, decay of society! if they had tried dat in the North, the gay church would have been burned down immediately. Apparently, the gay church is heavily guarded as a matter of fact. so so sad!
Re: Gays In My University! by tboy1(m): 10:59am On Sep 24, 2008
Re: Gays In My University! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 28, 2008
I have heard cases of homosexuality pervading our innocent campuses but i think there's some measure of exaggeration in this report. Do you believe the entire content of this trend?
Re: Gays In My University! by bawomolo(m): 7:05pm On Sep 28, 2008
poverty makes who gay?? huh
Re: Gays In My University! by SeunT2(m): 9:24pm On Sep 28, 2008
na wa oooooo naija don turn to something else

(1) (Reply)

Osisatech. Enugu. / The Polytechnic Ile-ife, Beware! / Nnamdi Azikiwe University(unizik) Primary Admission List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.