Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,018 members, 7,859,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:23 PM

Rules Of Nigerian Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Rules Of Nigerian Business (998 Views)

[Satire] The Nigerian Business Partner / CAC To Publish Nigerian Business Records Online / Customer Service In A Nigerian Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rules Of Nigerian Business by qleyo(f): 5:05pm On Aug 27, 2008
Hey guys,

So with my experience, I've noticed there are some standard business rules some global and some Nigerian specific. For those of you out there business owners or not, please add as much as you can to this thread - I later want to compile for future reference.

All points can be debated but please also add ideas!
Re: Rules Of Nigerian Business by qleyo(f): 2:58am On Sep 04, 2008
- Hire based on intuition, work experience is completely unreliable
- Deadlines should be doubled
- You need an office!
- Think tomorrow, and not today, grow and don't end up being another start-up
Re: Rules Of Nigerian Business by DisGuy: 3:52pm On May 03, 2009
hows doing business in nigeria?

you relocated already

Topic

You have to be extremely patient
Re: Rules Of Nigerian Business by qleyo(f): 2:46pm On Mar 07, 2010
It's a challenge I tell you. Another point I'd add is "once you have doubts over a staff, let them go", "an infection untamed always leads to total decay". We're now selling one of the businesses. It's hard to do business in Nigeria and keep your integrity. I couldn't ever bring myself to ridiculously marking up products and so this (in addition to my staff using my store to sell stolen products) led to the downfall of my business.

Another story for my kids. For now I'll stick to service industry businesses.
Re: Rules Of Nigerian Business by DisGuy: 3:59pm On Mar 07, 2010
qleyo:

It's a challenge I tell you. Another point I'd add is "once you have doubts over a staff, let them go", "an infection untamed always leads to total decay". We're now selling one of the businesses. It's hard to do business in Nigeria and keep your integrity. I couldn't ever bring myself to ridiculously marking up products and so this (in addition to my staff using my store to sell stolen products) led to the downfall of my business.

Another story for my kids. For now I'll stick to service industry businesses.

wow!!

was just reading your post on the auto section, sorry to hear about the car, Hopefully the police will just prove us wrong for once!! really horrible experience
Re: Rules Of Nigerian Business by Emotivator(m): 11:39am On Mar 18, 2010
Integrity
Honesty and
Prompt attention to issues that seem trivial
To survive in business, the above values should be made a business rule. Don't tell me they cannot work in Nigeria as they are already working for me.
Cheers!
Re: Rules Of Nigerian Business by Yoighaman(m): 4:13pm On Mar 18, 2010
-Cultivate good business relationships with your customers
-Reward loyal employees
-Punish betrayal
-Keep a tab on your greatest competitors

and

-NEVER DIVULGE THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT

Cheers.
Re: Rules Of Nigerian Business by worry246(m): 7:06pm On Mar 18, 2010
Do not give credit!!!
When paid cash
Take cash to bank get cleared before giving goods
trust nobody.
Re: Rules Of Nigerian Business by Emotivator(m): 2:35am On Mar 21, 2010
Keep abreast with the activities of your competitors

(1) (Reply)

Sharing A 20ft Container From London To Lagos / What Can I Invest #200,000 0n / Read This:i Have A Project Of 35m: Looking For A Partner: +another N2m Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.