Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star (6355 Views)

Desmond Elliot With Students Of Shining Star School Kubwa, Abuja (Pics) / Checkout Ini Edo, Shining At The Nigeria Presidential Inauguration / Oke, Ndidi And Tewa Cover Vanguard Allure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by Orikinla(m): 10:11am On Jun 29, 2006
May I introduce to you one of the most outstanding young leaders of Africa and one of our brightest shining stars Ndidi O. Nwuneli.

Ndidi is the Founder/C.E.O of LEAP Africa, a non profit organization, which is committed to inspiring, empowering and equipping a new cadre of African leaders.

LEAP provides leadership training programmes and executive coaching services for business owners, social entrepreneurs and for youth. LEAP also invests in continuous research on leadership development in Africa. This research serves as the basis of LEAP Africa’s innovative curriculum.

Ndidi is also the founder of NIA (Ndu - Life, Ike- Strength, Akunuba - Wealth), a nonprofit organization committed to empowering female university students in Southeastern Nigeria to achieve their highest potential in life. Prior to establishing LEAP and NIA, she was the pioneer executive director of FATE Foundation Nigeria, a nonprofit organization which promotes entrepreneurship and business development. She also worked as a management consultant with the Bridgespan Group and with McKinsey & Company. During her time with McKinsey, she served the nonprofit sector and fortune 500 companies in the packaged goods, retail, pharmaceutical and insurance industries in Chicago, New York and South Africa . Ndidi has also worked as a consultant with Ford Foundation's West Africa Office and the Center for Middle East Competitive Strategy in Palestine and Israel.

Ndidi holds a Master of Business Administration from the Harvard Business School. She received her undergraduate degree with honors in multinational and strategic management from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. Ndidi serves as a director for a range of nonprofit organizations in the United States and in Africa. She has been recognized as a Global Leader of Tomorrow and Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland . She received a National Honor, Member of the Federal Republic in 2004 and was recognized as the Young Manager of the Year 2005 by THISDAY Newspaper.

Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by beyunce(f): 10:14am On Jun 29, 2006
Wen u said a shinin star i looked up and didnt see her face in da sky shinin.
grin grin cheesy cheesy

Anyways gd luck to her sha Oh
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by Orikinla(m): 10:21am On Jun 29, 2006
See what Ndidi is doing to advance the lives of our youths on http://www.leapafrica.org. cheesy
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by thelma2(f): 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2006
yeah I have alot bout her too. I think she is really doing a great job.

Here's another pics of her

Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by Seun(m): 7:09am On Jun 30, 2006
I don't like activists. They get a lot of free publicity and sponsorship because people think they are angels whose actions are not rooted in self-interest. Whereas they make a lot of money from their activism.

If entrepreneurs don't create wealth, activists won't have anything to give away, so lets stop worshipping them.
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by Orikinla(m): 10:42am On Jun 30, 2006
Ndidi is not an activist.

I am an acitivist.
But, I don't lobby for charity.
I work very hard to raise funds for charities and I have succeeded in raising money for NGOs in Nigeria. Because, I have good records with the USAID and the UNICEF.
Dele Momodu the publisher of the Ovation International magazine is one of those who have supported one of the NGOs I recommended.
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by Seun(m): 10:58am On Jun 30, 2006
Ok, sorry for jumping into attack mode but I have always wanted to express my feelings about activists. I am actually aiming my criticism at anyone who is involved in NGO work. Does Ndidi's occupation fall into that definition?

How come you pointed us to her website to read about "what she's doing" instead of simply telling us? Could it be that like most other NGO projects it's more of rhetoric and good intentions than actual substance?

Once again, I apologize for my beef. Each time I visit the website, I get upset all over again and can't read through!
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by Orikinla(m): 11:14am On Jun 30, 2006
Yes Seun.
Her Leap Africa is an NGO.

I have worked for NGOs since 1984 to date. From the American NGOs to Nigerian NGOs and I love my work. And that is why I appreciate Ndidi.

Seun, you will soon have your own NGO or supporting one.
Your Nairaland has all the indications of sponsoring an NGO in the future.
Bill Gates and most IT leaders in the world are already proactive donors and sponsors of their own NGOs and others.
Only charity can save humanity.
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by ElodyAnn(m): 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2007
It's funny how a mixed race person has to help out black as midnight Nigerians.
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by hotchick: 9:05pm On Jun 18, 2007
You guys take a chill pill will you.Why do we take pleasure in fighting the good guys.If it were babangida they were talking about some fplks will unshamefully say they are he's fan bla bla bla.I think folks are gradually loosing focus of moral standings and substance and are sucking into TRASH.Ndidi half caste trully Nigerian,some folks are darker than charcoal but flaunt foreign names like dominic(nwa, ) or genevieve(nne, ) youre positively real keep it up! wink
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by ElodyAnn(m): 6:58am On Jun 21, 2007
Can't Nigerians use their own women to promote Nigeria. Guess not.
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by Ezinwannem: 6:55pm On Jun 21, 2007
r u saying that Ndidi is not Nigerian cuz her name is a proper IGBO NAME
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by ElodyAnn(m): 11:28pm On Jun 21, 2007
Ezinwannem:

r u saying that Ndidi is not Nigerian because her name is a proper IGBO NAME

Yes but she is not fully Igbo. Since most fully Nigerian women are ugly this would not be a surprise.
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:40am On Jul 21, 2007
you know what you are a shallow minded person. to think you say your educated, leaves me wondering. if you have truly seen the four walls of a class room. grin
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by princejay: 7:41pm On May 11, 2009
I don't like activists. They get a lot of free publicity and sponsorship because people think they are angels whose actions are not rooted in self-interest.  Whereas they make a lot of money from their activism.

If entrepreneurs don't create wealth, activists won't have anything to give away, so lets stop worshipping them.

@Seun,

I don't get your logic. That's like saying, "I don't like teachers. If parents/guardians didn't pay fees the teachers would be unable to teach, anyway".

The truth is that there are good entrepreneurs and bad entrepreneurs. And there are good activists and bad activists. And there are good people called Seun and bad people called Seun. And there are,   oh, you get the point,
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by AloyEmeka9: 8:17pm On May 11, 2009
Ndidi half caste trully Nigerian,some folks are darker than charcoal but flaunt foreign names like dominic(nwa, ) or genevieve(nne, ) youre positively real keep it up!
Which kin half caste?. Abeg na pure negro blacky be that. undecided
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by MrCrackles(m): 8:23pm On May 11, 2009
Nice!

This is the sort of stories i wanna be reading about not some Nigerian bastards raping or scamming people all over
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by Pepeye(f): 12:00pm On May 12, 2009
Still growing in Leaps and Bounds
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by chiller123: 12:09am On Oct 25, 2009
I usually do not answer to Silly criticism but i decided to this time. Ndidi was my classmate in secondary school in Enugu and she should be commended with regards to her good works. It is unfortunate that we try to weigh our minds with negatives whether they do exist or not. I saw her in 2004 in V.I and we chatted for a while and I remained very impressed over her positive outlook for Nigeria. She had the opportunity of having a good education and she is putting that into good use so why the ' hating' over her complexion or name.We should back her up as much as we can in her cause. Many of us have given up hope and sit in our bedrooms overseas and just pen down absolute and utter rubbish,
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by muffins(f): 10:16pm On Oct 25, 2009
She looks so fine. tongue
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by shollyaj(m): 12:02am On Oct 26, 2009
Very Impressive, I wish her all the best in h[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]er deeds.
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by riversman: 6:47am On Feb 21, 2010
NEXT!!!!!! She is who she is because of her beauty, grin grin grin

y is she on the celebrities forum, when she is supposed to be an agent of change??

didnt i read some dirt on her on some blog recently, i think she was part of a scam charity funded project, dont quote me sha, but whatever, Harvard trained and she is telling us she wants to create agents of change,

y she no go skool for Umuahia,
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by okedietake(f): 3:20pm On Jan 13, 2011
These are blessed times where we as a people should embrace all the good heads that are available for nation building if we must secure a better future for our children. I'm so proud to be associated with Ndidi Nwuneli.
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by Seun(m): 9:20pm On Jan 13, 2011
The funny think is that she'll be judged primarily based on her looks no matter what. lipsrsealed
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by londoner: 11:52pm On Jan 13, 2011
Substance, intelligence, self confidence AND beauty. thats what you call a real woman. Most others only posses two of those attributes at best at the same time.

No wonder she is getting hated on.

I dont know what her racial background is( not that its important), but she looks like a full Igbo girl to me.
Re: Ndidi O. Nwuneli: A Shining Star by san26dy(f): 12:55am On Jan 14, 2011
What a role model!

(1) (Reply)

Popular Man Born Without Hands/legs Nick Vujicic Shares Photos Of Wife & Son / OMG!!!! University Of Lagos "BIG GIRL" Stripped N@ked & Molested After Caught! / Who Is Older,genevieve Or Her Daughter? Confusing Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.