Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? (5012 Views)

2face Idibia - Nfana Ibaga 2014 Remix (MUSIC) / 2Face Idibia Finally Releases Another Album? / 2Face Idibia's "OLE" Music Video (2) (3) (4)

Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by carmelily: 2:33pm On Jul 01, 2006
2face Idibia: Flash In The Pan Or Can He Do It Again?

no doubt, 2face is one of the greatest artistes nigeria has ecer produced if the waves his music made in africa and indeed the world over is anything to go by. watching any of his live performances, u cannot help but wonder at the charisma of this strikingly good looking fellah.

anyways, the point now is, can he still make good music? come to think of it, did he, in fact, mae good music? i think he did but many people are of the opinion that African Queen and Keep On Rocking are the only 5 star tracks in the album FACE TO FACE and his 2nd album, if indeed there is one, wasnt as well received as the 1st.

it has also been said that he had poor management and that channel O and MTV base were in fact, his managers by giving him good airplay all over africa.

his videos, i must say, were , sub-standard, to say the least. that of African Queen was a disappointment and i expected a remake of the video after the song became a worldwide hit but nothing happened.

we stiil waiting, can he do it again? yeah, and what do u think bout the collabos with beenie man and wyclef?
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by Damsal(f): 4:08pm On Jul 01, 2006
him doing it again depends on how good he really is. i think he is okay though.
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by eveseh(f): 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2006
i love him kiss kiss
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by diddy4(m): 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2006
lets see him do his magic again.
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by Eurphoria(f): 11:44am On Jul 03, 2006
I was never under the disillusion that he did do good music lipsrsealed

My opinion just wink
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by Mystique(f): 11:51am On Jul 03, 2006
Tuface has proved himself again, kiss

he has a new hit single and its really nice

It's titled: " Hola Oyieh"
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by akamihe(m): 12:16pm On Jul 03, 2006
Hi Eveseh,
U answered OP. The Question is can 2Face still make good music? Not do u love 2Face? Lovergirl!!!
Rgrds.
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by africanboy(m): 12:26pm On Jul 03, 2006
ok, tuface sang some good songs, thats all. i havent heard anything from his ?new? album. . . .

left to me, tuface is fading, i think a regrouping of p-boiz (hinted by faze) is the best thing that will happen to him. (oh, off topic - faze is better than tuface)
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by SvS(f): 12:26pm On Jul 03, 2006
i dont feel him anymore undecided
neva really loved him anyway
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by diddy4(m): 1:01pm On Jul 03, 2006
@mystique

please can u send me the song? smiley smiley
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by Shinor(m): 3:23pm On Jul 03, 2006
Carmelily there's another thread where someone insinuated that 2face Idibia stole the lyrics to his hit song "African Queen".(I believe that everyone knows the true story is by now) Well while that is not the purpose of this thread, i just want to agree with some issues you have touched upon here and which i also mentioned in the other thread. 2face lacks quality management and that will seriously affect how far he would go in the music world. Like you rightly noted, there should have been a remake/rework of the "African Queen" video.
The world is now a global village-smaller than my mothers village of ijebu-Owerri. We cannot isolate Naija artistes from the rest of the world so we must start doing things that match up to world standards cos that's the standard by which we will be judged whether we like it or not.
Dare Art Alade's ESCALADE video wasn't bad. Think that would get a good airing anywhere in the world.
2face needs to drop KENNIS if he's to fulfil his potentials cos i must say the geezer's got something going for him,
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by shawna(f): 5:50pm On Jul 03, 2006
i think he can still make good music hez just warmin up hez gonna come blazing with a hot new hit grin
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by Mystique(f): 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2006
@ Diddy, I will as soon as i can get it smiley
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by diddy4(m): 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2006
thanks dear. wink smiley
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by badman(m): 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2006
the only one i have heard is for instance wen did he release Hola Oyieh anyhow hope its a nice song
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by Slycks(m): 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2006
Well i wouldnt want to spoil the guy for his fans but i pity for him when Kennis drop him for another person as there character ,

I think hes trying but not imporving as he never got any lyrics to steal from him colleage again
, Hes singing the same song over and over again, I like something about him,each time i hear Afriacn Queen i feel it and well its cool with that, i heard plantation boiz composed the songs before they split

@mystique

can u also send me so i could see what he got again,

We never mean any disrespect or any melee to the musical artist but we still have to say the fact about there music,
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by Grizzly(m): 10:52pm On Jul 03, 2006
Eurphoria:

I was never under the disillusion that he did do good music lipsrsealed

My opinionĀ  just wink
Oh my!! grin
This stuff wins for post of the moment grin
Tuface can do no more, ya hurrd? grin cool
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by Drusilla(f): 2:02am On Jul 04, 2006
I went and heard 2face: African Queen.

I am tempted to burn a copy and bring it up to the Black radio station.

Beautiful
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by Grizzly(m): 2:10am On Jul 04, 2006
Yo whats up dru, ?
u just listening to that song or what, ? cool
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by creamofluv: 2:59am On Jul 04, 2006
[b][/b] I dnt fink there iz anyz good song for him at tha moment, and i cant believe 2face's album is not on itunes or real time player, check other guyz like psquare, mountain black n mad mellonz, african china, you can find em there, meaning say OYINBO sef sabi REAL PPL. not tha fakeys.
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by jaidobaba(m): 9:37am On Jul 04, 2006
I strongly agree with you africanboy, I also think the regroup of d p-boiz is the only thing that can help tuface now, I don't think he can make a hit ALONE anymore, I still think the group is the best ever and Tuface without faze and blackface can not last for long,
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by lewa(m): 4:08am On Jul 05, 2006
Saw TuFace in town when he came -sang for 30 mins -good on stage, but wait
when is the next album due?Also noticed the poor dude cant express himself eloquently
he definately might go places all depends on his handlers(IM not naming names)
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by Drusilla(f): 3:54pm On Jul 05, 2006
Grizzly,

Yes. I have never even heard the name 2face before.

My 9 year old daughter now says 2face is her husband. She is his African Queen. She asks for the song about 10 times a day now.

Just heard it for the first time 2 days ago.

My daughter comes from a line of blues singers. Not as famous as pop singers, but they got their own audience. Her father has been on local TV around here singing.

So it is interesting to me that she has taken to this song like water takes to the ocean.

I really like it myself but I take her as a better judge of if it would be successful among young people and apparently it would.
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by Tunes: 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2006
hmmm thats the million dollar question.

You can hear the "For Instance" or Holla Oyieh song at www.myspace.com/kennismusic2

its a political type song,
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by Grizzly(m): 11:41pm On Jul 05, 2006
That "for instance" beat is too fuccked up!! shocked
Tuface thrives in silly beats, stereotyped and noisy,
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by Grizzly(m): 3:53am On Jul 06, 2006
Well dru, i guess i saw u viewing this topic and i decided to let ya know that
ur lil daughter has a right to like any music she wants,
but a tuface fan, would get less from him this time around,
like thread says, tuface run short of good music, the "African Queen" in question wasnt his song, he stole it and sang iit,
now what ya got to say? cool
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by Drusilla(f): 4:02am On Jul 06, 2006
Grizzly,

I just got done listening to for instance and african queen at the link.

2face is of course beautiful and I liked Kennis too.

What do you mean, he stole the song? He get sued for the money, he made from the song?
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by DARLINGGI(f): 4:30am On Jul 06, 2006
he has shown a lot of us how good he is.so i think he will n still make good music.so dats wassup.
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by diddy4(m): 4:32am On Jul 06, 2006
@darl Gi

lets not conclude yet till he brings out his next album.
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by Grizzly(m): 4:33am On Jul 06, 2006
Next album ke?!! shocked shocked shocked
Aru eme. . (abomination) lipsrsealed
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by diddy4(m): 4:34am On Jul 06, 2006
@grizzly

u igbo?
Re: Can 2face Idibia Still Make Good Music? by Grizzly(m): 4:36am On Jul 06, 2006
Straight up. . .
u been no sabi. . ?
A bu'm onye igbo, gbam grin

Funny Shit - Who Stole The Meat / Youngest Hipop Artist Lil Ameer First Video " I'm The Boss " - (Watch Preview) / Best Of Majek Fashek Mix (majek Fashek Audio Tribute Mixtape)