Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! (1353 Views)

Can I Trust Jumia Laptops? / Is Www.buylaptopsinnigeria.com A Trust Worthy Laptop Vendor? / Can We Trust Vpnvouchers.net? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 04, 2008
Hello all

Google released a beta version of it's web browser (called "Chrome"wink 2 days ago. The License agreement gives Google the right to use anything entered into the browser. What this means is anything that is entered into the browser (web addresses, user names and passwords, body of emails and everything else) is stored by Google and the can do as they wish.

In their words, "by submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services."

For more info, go to

http://m.news.com/2166-12_3-10031703-56.html

My 2 cents
Re: Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! by timbabng(m): 9:34pm On Sep 08, 2008
hmmmm!! interesting and i'm using chrome right now
Re: Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! by skipo87(m): 8:40am On Sep 12, 2008
what do u have to hide?, ?
Re: Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! by skipo87(m): 8:46am On Sep 12, 2008
any way sha, true talk, top secret agents be ware as ur identity may be uncovered by googles one click search. yahoo boys, um take note, dnt mnd me jare. we shd al be careful as we might have yahoo boys among them looking out for credit card details, i think we should call them google boys, grin
Re: Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! by idupaul: 8:52am On Sep 12, 2008
who cares
Re: Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! by kolebank1(m): 9:34pm On Feb 01, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! by afrisatcom: 9:30am On Feb 08, 2009
hello folks,

I dont like google and im shure google is still over the peak with their business concept. It works as long as peoples are open to give them their peronalst information - at the time they will learn how dangerous such a rising amount of personal data and difficult to delete them would be it would be too late for many of today users.

Since their first and only real "improvement" - by link ranking / rating of search engine results - google tried and tries to copy any maybe worthfully idea within the internet. I assume and hope search engines of the future are open, distributed and based on a open / non-commercial protocol / standards (rfc). Google with his monopoly ideas is per se enemy of the autonomous internet infrastructure and i hope peoples will realize that early enough.

Chrome, Google Analytics, Gmail and (now) the internet gps tracker are both just a more step into watching internet users. Many things google is doing with their users data are illegal in Europe or europeans countries like Germany - so Google dont like to talk open about the usage of the collected users data. Just on the same day as Google releases the Chrome browser some IT security companies uncovered the hidden communicytion of the browser with google servers and - the first time in germany - this Google product was discussed witin the news (tv, press).

Now google targets more into africa and the satellite market by collecting much investors money worldwide - together with HFC the say they will bring "broadband internet on fiber quality to each african house (1-1.5bln users) until end of 2010" - to reach this they have "new technologies wich are allowing that". Im shure this is a ly or - only try from a very strange viewpoint. There is currently no real solution in satellite communication industries. I assume they mean at maximum a (very) "cropped" kind of IP no real internet as usual.

But until today there seems to be to much critics on them - the hype hides a widespread, public and open dicussion.

Cheers,

Niels.
nd@afri-sat.com
http://www.afri.sat.com
Re: Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! by Phemzy(m): 2:06pm On Feb 13, 2009
All I know is that Google is upto something with their technology development.

They start from a search engine to mail account to brower and world navigator, so I believe they are upto something.
Re: Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! by chikend(m): 5:02am On Feb 14, 2009
im way too flat to start worrying right now
Re: Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 14, 2009
Small boys like us need not to worry, i dont have anything special to hide, except maybe some programming codes (which you can download freely online if you care to search) - in the end, i make my money from using my brains and combining what already is.
Re: Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! by Kassiny(m): 9:42am On Feb 14, 2009
obiviouly, i dont give a flying f**k about google because i dont care niether do i give a hoot.
Damm google.
Re: Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! by netotse(m): 7:40pm On Feb 14, 2009
i think maybe its time for me to start looking for another browser o! small boy or not.
Re: Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! by markomio: 9:28am On Feb 15, 2009
Yahoo Yahoo take note of this oooooo. EFCC can work with Google now and track your information and locations

@sabiqua
nice topic i they feel you here ooooo. well me no they use Google
Re: Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! by netotse(m): 4:59pm On Feb 15, 2009
efcc and google working together. . . e easy? not going to happen soon!
Re: Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! by coolgenius: 1:40am On Feb 18, 2009
interesting post, I have to read up on this. It always pays to read before upgrading to new/beta software,
Re: Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! by BJ3: 2:03pm On Feb 18, 2009
i dont use google use mamma.com cool cool
Re: Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! by Cactus(m): 6:05pm On Feb 18, 2009
Warning: If you cannot read something controversial and laugh about it, do not follow the site. This is only for entertaining purposes in an interesting way. If you so wish, quite interesting

Googlism: The Church of Google

http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/Scripture/Proof_Google_Is_God.html

For those who are anti-Google, pretty much be afraid of everything.
Re: Another Reason Not To Trust Google ! by afrisatcom: 12:51pm On Feb 20, 2009
hello,

im shure the (really) next generation of search engines (and google is not more then a "search engine"wink would be a really open one. Like former - today mostly forgotten - protocols like WAIS or the Harvest Project future internet indexes ("search engines"wink would be run on open source software and communicates with standardized protocols.

Even google knows now that the content of an index should be collected "at the place" it is stored and is spending "indexing routers" to ISPs / hosting providers (but with a locked protocol).

To beat google as a search index we need a smart idea how to handle content indexing over a "open autonomous grid" and - at the second step - qualify content for different views. Ive just experimented with some old code from harvester to find out what was the real problem of the old search indexes like altavista and the others (and google today too). But to realize a new / better kind of "search solution" we need a community ofdevelopers wich are interested and able to code a platform independet open source solution.

If someone in nigeria is interested in contributing such a project please post here or contact me.

Cheers,

Niels.
nd@afri-sat.com
http.//www.afri.sat.com

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Internet Usb Modem / Free Internet Browsing / Help Me Choose A Modem Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.