Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,091 members, 7,849,412 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:58 PM

Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? (1998 Views)

Poll: IS IT RIGHT OR WRONG?

YES, ITS RIGHT: 80% (8 votes)
NO, ITS WRONG: 20% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Toddler Dies After Eating Poisoned Rice (pictures Of Suspects) / Five Confirmed Dead After Eating Dog Meat In Rivers / Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by SamMilla1(m): 11:02am On Sep 05, 2008
Is it right because i seem not to understand it.

Is it right to say ''thanks'' to someone around you after eating?

Even though the person did not give you the food.

I have not done it before but i have seen people say it.

What do you think.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by mafolayomi(f): 11:24am On Sep 05, 2008
to me, it does not make any sence
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by mafolayomi(f): 11:25am On Sep 05, 2008
to me, it does not make any sense
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by iice(f): 3:53am On Sep 06, 2008
Yeah makes no sense
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by mohawkchic(f): 12:13pm On Sep 06, 2008
~If the person didnt give you the food,whats the point of saying thank you? watching You Eat? grin
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by Flakybaby(f): 11:34pm On Sep 07, 2008
Yes, 2 the person that provide the food and no 2 the person watching.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by TOYOSI20(f): 9:09am On Sep 08, 2008
I thank God for the food tho. . . . . . embarassed
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by mojojojo(m): 12:44am On Sep 09, 2008
Depends on which part of naija he/she comes from.
The rule is to keep an eye for those who thank you and than them back when they return the gesture.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by Akinagirl(f): 4:12am On Sep 09, 2008
Only to the person who made the food or served it to the table. Other than that, I don't get why you would say thank you.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by ifyalways(f): 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2008
lol
i dont know if its right or wrong but a MUST in my place to greet/thank all elders around you after meals.Infact its a tradition
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by UNLEASHED(m): 9:27am On Sep 16, 2008
What for? That doesn't make sense to me!
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by Akinagirl(f): 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2008
Yeah I really don't understand that. Why are you thanking the elders if they didnt cook the meal?
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by MeGaStReEt: 7:24pm On Sep 17, 2008
its NATURALY right for a child to say thank you to his or her parent afta a meal gbam

except u r from another side of the world
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by ifyalways(f): 1:30am On Sep 18, 2008
UNLEASHED:

What for? That doesn't make sense to me!
it does NOT have to make sense to you.
Akinagirl:

Yeah I really don't understand that. Why are you thanking the elders if they didnt cook the meal?
Because they are elders,understood now?
@all i just finished eating,thank yousssss grin grin grin
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by clemcykul(f): 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2008
you sure are welcome

where in blazes have u been
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by ifyalways(f): 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2008
lol
clemcy,i have been with T.J. i know u wudnt want to know the details tongue
missed u babes. kiss
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by clemcykul(f): 9:12am On Sep 19, 2008
i missed girlie kiss kiss

wats been hapunin to ya?
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by tollu: 9:22am On Sep 19, 2008
Does this happen? Never experienced it.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by nystrom(m): 9:25am On Sep 20, 2008
THANK YOU TO YOUR SENIOR ONES AFTER EATING IS A VERY GOOD IDEA.
IT IS A SIGN OF RESPECT AND APPRECIATION.BUT TO YOUR SENIORS ONLY.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by affee(f): 3:40pm On Sep 20, 2008
My place U dont only say thank you to ur elders after you finish eating, U also thank them after they eat.
I love my tradition and hope it lasts for generations.

I am eating now so as my people will say OGBUEFI wink
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by ifyalways(f): 9:14pm On Sep 20, 2008
affee:

My place You don't only say thank you to your elders after you finish eating, You also thank them after they eat.

lol
Thank you grin
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by A40(m): 6:41am On Sep 22, 2008
You have to thank the person for watching you eat the food without offering to join you in eating it grin
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by obidia(f): 11:57am On Sep 23, 2008
Usually what i do is thank God for the provision,i didn't always thank my mother who made the food or the means,but av come to appreciate that thanks goes along way.My fiance thanks me for every meal he eats.To me i see it as a way he was brought us well mannerd.And i plain to always train my children to say thank you.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 23, 2008
Say thank you to the person around you for what?
Did they pay for the food? Did they make the food? undecided undecided

No. It makes no sense w/e.

Now, if the person brought you the food or make the food, a THANK YOU is mandatory
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by rubi(f): 2:59pm On Sep 26, 2008
I see people do it but I don't do it not out of pride but I am not use to it. I thank only the person that gave me the food
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by plappville(f): 9:57pm On Oct 28, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Say thank you to the person around you for what?
Did they pay for the food? Did they make the food? undecided undecided

No. It makes no sense w/e.

Now, if the person brought you the food or make the food, a THANK YOU is mandatory

I agree with u.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by plappville(f): 9:58pm On Oct 28, 2008
affee:

My place U don't only say thank you to ur elders after you finish eating, U also thank them after they eat.

Na goverment work?
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by Classigal(f): 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2008
saying thank you after meals depends on u, the only thing is that it is more polite to thank the person who made it and served u, it is not a right or wrong issue here. If u like when u are done eating, go to ur neighbour's door and knock to thank him, thats up to u if he calls the cops on u!! smiley grin smiley grin
Re: Is It Right To Say Thanks To Someone Around You After Eating? by sexyLeamon(f): 1:36pm On Nov 12, 2008
absolutely I think it a nice way of encouraging the cooker/or who ever

(1) (Reply)

Pounded Yam / Learn How To Make Kunu Ayah / Whoever Did This Is A Serial Killer (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.