Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,754 members, 7,955,869 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:27 PM

Buying A Used Car: Uk Advice - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Buying A Used Car: Uk Advice (1235 Views)

I Need A Used Car For Ngn300,000 / How To Successfully Understand A Used Car Dealer In A Used Car Auction! / Sold Direct Used Car From Usa:Toyota Camry 2008 Model @ 2.400,000.Come Grab It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buying A Used Car: Uk Advice by debosky(m): 7:01pm On Sep 06, 2008
Hi All,

I guess this would be directed at Siena or anyone else with useful advice on buying a used car in the UK

I am looking for a reliable car for primarily work use - a 35-40min commute each way 5 days a week, but since I'm fairly tall, I don't think the compact cars prevalent here would be comfortable for extended use day to day.

My price range would be between 1000-2000 pounds, and I'm looking for 'fair' mileage (50-70k), 98 and upwards model year and reasonably low/moderate maintenance costs.

Now because I'm coming from abroad, I learn I won't be able to drive a manual as yet, unless I do a British driving test, which I am not inclined to do now. Besides, given the fact that its on the other side of the road and all, I would be looking for auto transmission.

Right, so I have been looking at a few VW Golfs, and Peugeot 306's and the like, but the prices seem steep. Am I being unrealistic in my expectations or do I just need to search more thoroughly?

Contributions would be most appreciated.
Re: Buying A Used Car: Uk Advice by sonety2k(m): 12:23am On Sep 07, 2008
debosky:

Hi All,

I guess this would be directed at Siena or anyone else with useful advice on buying a used car in the UK

I am looking for a reliable car for primarily work use - a 35-40min commute each way 5 days a week, but since I'm fairly tall, I don't think the compact cars prevalent here would be comfortable for extended use day to day.

My price range would be between 1000-2000 pounds, and I'm looking for 'fair' mileage (50-70k), 98 and upwards model year and reasonably low/moderate maintenance costs.

Now because I'm coming from abroad, I learn I won't be able to drive a manual as yet, unless I do a British driving test, which I am not inclinded to do now. Besides, given the fact that its on the other side of the road and all, I would be looking for auto transmission.

Right, so I have been looking at a few VW Golfs, and Peugeot 306's and the like, but the prices seem steep. Am I being unrealistic in my expectations or do I just need to search more thoroughly?

Contributions would be most appreciated.

[b]I could assist you in getting your car, RIGHT HAND DRIVE  AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION  at the Dealers  Auction here in Japan , very clean car with out NO PRIOR ACCIDENT RECORD OR ODOMETER  ROLLBACK PROBLEM , withing your budget of  (2,000 pounds)  for the specification of the car that you want.[/b]Which one  do  you prefer ;-

VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 1998- 2000 between mileage (50-80k),   OR  PEUGEOT  307, 1998 - 2000  mileage (50-80k), ?

If you are intrested in buying  the CAR ,  kindly get in touch with  me.  With the type of CAR  that u  prefer   @  sonety2k@yahoo.com,  sonetauto@yahoo.com or call my mobile phone -81-9017259102.             

Regard ,

Michael
Re: Buying A Used Car: Uk Advice by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 07, 2008
Debosky, you price and model year are very realistic.

The options are varied and endless, even for an auto with climate control, and all the trimmings.
You can contact me via YIM (in my profile) when you're ready.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Na True True Car For Nigeria Oooo / 2002 Honda Civic For Sale / Lagos Cleared Toyota Camry 1999 Model(SOLD!SOLD!SOLD!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.