Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,385 members, 7,822,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

What Is State/lga Certificate Of Origin? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is State/lga Certificate Of Origin? (20628 Views)

5 Most Common Nigerian Pidgin English Words and their Origin / Some English Words With Nigerian Origin. / Governor's Brother Is State University VC: Only In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is State/lga Certificate Of Origin? by U1(m): 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2008
I noticed that some scholarship schemes in Nigeria do ask for this, and it appears different from birth certificate. I want to know what this is, and how to get one. Thanks.
Re: What Is State/lga Certificate Of Origin? by geolabious(m): 2:55pm On Sep 07, 2008
@ poster

The state of origin is a certificate thats show the state u are from it can be requested from your state of origin local government only

L.G.A: local government certificate its show the local government area of the state u hav claimed above. It will be sign by the King of ur community to confirm u are from the lga. and also some high people in ur community

I think the 2 will cost u 1500
1000 for state
500 for lga
Re: What Is State/lga Certificate Of Origin? by U1(m): 9:27am On Sep 08, 2008
Thanks man! You are great. But, this seem like a difficult task then considering I have to go back to a State I've not been for the past 13 years. I wonder who I'm going to run to now.

1 Like

Re: What Is State/lga Certificate Of Origin? by geolabious(m): 9:35am On Sep 08, 2008
Thats no pro man

Just tell your parent they will go to your lga and requeste for it

or they should go to meet their councillor or chairman

I think it will be done
Re: What Is State/lga Certificate Of Origin? by LekinsRibirth(m): 6:00pm On Sep 22, 2015
sir geolabious please, is it possible to request for the certificate if you're in the state, but stay in another LGA..
Or you have to travel there.

1 Like

Re: What Is State/lga Certificate Of Origin? by Daniel1991(m): 3:41am On May 02, 2016
You can request for your certificate of state of origin in the state where you are. You don't need to travel down.
Re: What Is State/lga Certificate Of Origin? by kaima2015: 4:12am On May 02, 2016
go to your state's liason office in abuja and get it the same day...you will require at least 2k, two passport photographs, the name of your village chief/oba/emir etc...thats all
Re: What Is State/lga Certificate Of Origin? by Daniel1991(m): 9:49pm On May 16, 2016
Hi guys I did my just this month of May, it cost me just 1500 and a passport and you must be able to speak ur language, to make the process easy.

Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is State/lga Certificate Of Origin? by urbobo20(m): 10:24pm On May 16, 2016
LekinsRibirth:
sir geolabious please, is it possible to request for the certificate if you're in the state, but stay in another LGA..
Or you have to travel there.
if u are in lagos or abuja u can go to ur state house annex
Re: What Is State/lga Certificate Of Origin? by carinabeta: 10:31am On Apr 12, 2017
Daniel1991:
Hi guys I did my just this month of May, it cost me just 1500 and a passport and you must be able to speak ur language, to make the process easy.

Cheers!!!
Daniel how & where did u get urs?cos I want to get mine( ANAMBRA state)

(1) (Reply)

Ceiling Fan Falls On UNN Students During Lecture / Parents Of Nig-turkish Int’l Col. Students Decry Call To Close Schools (PICTURED / Biochemistry OR Microbiology.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.