Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,137 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) (87964 Views)

Pics From Eckankar 2014 December Regional Seminar. / ‪What Is Eckankar? Is It A Cult, A Religion, Part Of The Occult? / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by ogbonnac: 12:53am On Jul 24, 2011
in eck, we are not condemning out rightly the importance and benefit of written materials especially when it comes to religion. they can only wet your petite for truth while the real truth will meet you through your life experiences.in order words, experience is the best teacher. so, you were wrong to say that it is contradicting.from your shallow story,you werent a good eckist. maybe you were in for power. for sure, you should look elsewhere because enkankar is a part of love, not prosperity and power. it is a religion for matured minds who are ready to expect but accept the gift of GOD normatterwhat.

3 Likes

Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by Ajayi123: 7:27pm On Jul 13, 2012
mrcuteblac: All is one brotgher! I am a Cameroonian, but am I not contributing in Nairta.com? So an Eckist could help a muslim of buddhist, and vice versa. Do not limit yourslves with eckism or Christianity. Be good members of these asssociations, but learn from outside the box and do not condemn others. Soon you will realize the shocking truth, that even sayings like "I love God", or "God loves me" do not even arise anymore once you NATURALLY realize the non-duality of you and God. YOU are THAT, but knowing it does not make you realize it. You must work your way into it, either in a very easy or difficult path. REALIZING is what I talk of, not knowing. Be a good Eckist, catholic, as you chose. Do you know that each time you criticise another person or religion you release loads of toxins into your blood-stream? Has it crossed your mind that being critical of others is a sign of unhappiness? Don't even argue to justify youir belief. If you are on the right path, your soul will know it and you will be peaceful and not full of worries.
I think in a round about way you sort of hit the nail on the head. However, I don't think the Eckists here have criticized anyone so far but have mainly responded to criticisms being pounded at their path. The realization which you speak of is exactly what Eckankar appears to teach to its members. "To Realize yourself as SOUL, a spark of Divinity". You are correct in saying that once you realize yourself as SOUL you rise above the world of duality and are at peace with what you have found. But that does not mean that when you are asked about what you have found you should not tell it simply because you may be branded as not being at peace. What Eckankar appears to be really about is a daring spiritual endeavour that takes the individual by his own path back home to God in this life time. Speaking about REALIZATION, it can be readily said without any sense of altruism that the degree of success you have with the spiritual excercises of ECK depends on many things. Quite bluntly two of them notably are:

1) How readily disposed the individual is to giving service from the bottom of his/her heart

2) How much time and effort you are ready to put into it

The first one drives the second. Because it defines why you really want to do the spiritual excercises. Is it for personal enjoyment or to REALIZE yourself as part of GOD (The divine) which is then exemplified in service to life. Ofcourse we each are given a measure of our capacity to serve and we grow in service but a tendency for it is a starting point and that is what can be the difference between your experiences with the light and sound in Eckankar and a lot of the make shift Eckists who say they have been Eckists before but have now left to join other paths that beam love and other things at sentient beings and the like. The Eckist does not appear to have beaming any form of energy at sentient beings in his agenda at all but spiritual liberation in this life-time through direct expereince with the holyspirit (Light and Sound in Eck). At the end of the day it is not the organisation you belong to that matters, but what you are getting from it to make you a better spiritual being. When a religion or organisation points to opening the heart centre as a pre-requisite for God Realization then it is worth some salt because without LOVE what is the point in having the power to move mountains or travel from Lagos to Yaounde in under one second? Without LOVE or the desire to serve all life (and God in the process)you can only want those things for self gratification, selfishness and all those things that would generate hatred, strife and chaos. This is the REALIZATION that the Eckist appears to have and that can come to him in different forms during his spiritual excercises. If Realization of this form is what you are after, I'll recommend Eckankar barring all the Historical bla bla bla surrounding it's origins. There does not seem to be one organisation on the planet without that kind of story. Anyway the choice is yours. Good Speed!!!

1 Like

Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by lovelif: 5:18am On Aug 31, 2012
Hello Everybody.i know we are already in 2012.I read almost everybody and i think, that will be great to share with you guys what i think about all your post and comment.I want to start by asking some questions
1)- What is our purpose in life?
2)- when people claim that, their religions are the only path to God,why we are not all born in those religions?
There is some country in the world where people don't know anything about some religions.This is not theeir fault.How can you explain that?Love to you all

2 Likes

Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by benodic: 4:10pm On Aug 31, 2012
@ lovelif

i will only give you the Eckankar view point on the matter you raised.

God created the lower worlds for one purpose only and that is to serve as a school for souls. Once souls finish their schooling , the main course being development of pure love for life, Soul is shown the way back home to God.

The Holy Spirit which we know as the Eck is the source of all spiritual truth. Different religions tap into this truth according to their level of consciousness hence no one is wrong about God all are simply explaining the concept of God according to their level of awareness.

What matters is you as soul finding your niche. Any where you find yourself try to learn all you can about them. Once you are sincere in your search for truth The Holy Spirit will guide you from step to step until you reach maturity.

1 Like

Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by pastormustwacc: 5:34pm On Dec 09, 2012
Estos es muy muy interesante.
Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by seekingtruth(m): 2:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
ontop: Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, no one comes unto the father but through him"
There are many ways that seems right unto a man, but at the en leads to destruction.
The love of money is the root of all evil.
The devil doesnt give any free gift.
If he gives you once, he takes from you twice.
Let's open our eyes wide and say NO to ekult of any kind.
I am strongly against cult.
For those who are already involved indirectly, i endeavour you to embrace God and invite the Lord Jesus into your life as your personal Lord and Saviour.
Jesu said: Behold I stand at the door and knock if any man hears my voice and open the door of his heart, i will come in and stay.
When God created the universes where did he put a sign post that Jesus is the way?
Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by pastormustwacc: 8:04pm On Jan 16, 2013
^^^^An interesting question
Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 17, 2013
seeking@truth:
When God created the universes where did he put a sign post that Jesus is the way?

Genesis 3:15 - "And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."

For starters !

God is not the author of confusion, there cannot be 100,000 ways to the truth.

The TRUTH is singular and the path to this TRUTH is also singular.
Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by benodic: 5:51pm On Jan 17, 2013
Truth really is singular but there are different levels of consciousness and levels of understanding trying to appreciate that singular truth. The more aware you become the more you can appreciate it.

2 Likes

Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by chellsee: 7:05pm On Mar 10, 2013
Hmmmm! After reading all about eckankar and their so-called way of life. I shld say they have nothing to offer.
I always wondered why one of my bosses never behaved like a christian. Always nasty, insultive, infact, a customer overheard her one day and called her a barking dog. She's dat bad. And den I find out dat she's eck. I mean, wat kinda religion is dat, no right, no wrong. Prior to coming across dis page, I want to say I've surfed d net for evrytin dt can be learned abt dem.
And there's notin good dt comes out frm dem. It's a pity.
Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by elegantyewy: 4:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
chellsee: Hmmmm! After reading all about eckankar and their so-called way of life. I shld say they have nothing to offer.
I always wondered why one of my bosses never behaved like a christian. Always nasty, insultive, infact, a customer overheard her one day and called her a barking dog. She's dat bad. And den I find out dat she's eck. I mean, wat kinda religion is dat, no right, no wrong. Prior to coming across dis page, I want to say I've surfed d net for evrytin dt can be learned abt dem.
And there's notin good dt comes out frm dem. It's a pity.
Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by elegantyewy: 4:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
Eckankar has a lot to offer,Tank GOD,am an ECKist.

4 Likes

Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by cimm: 11:20pm On Apr 07, 2013
The greatest disease in the world we find ourselves is ignorance. Find out more about Eckankar before you write.

2 Likes

Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by unie101(m): 8:25pm On May 29, 2013
Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by utisage: 9:44am On Jul 20, 2013
It is sad how ignorant we become when we are clouded by the viscosity of what we call religion. Any religion that points to GOD and HIS ways (in qoute) should be worth reviewing. Do not critise another's religion unless you have objectively been a member of that religion. What you practice is most probably what had been handed over to you by birth or influence. Individuals should search for the truth themselves. The essence of going to school is to become enligthened and unclouded in our thinking processes.

The teachings in MOST (not all) churches today do not point our path back to GOD but to wealth and ultimately corruption of the soul. Nigeria was a better christien country with GOD's blessings when christienity was what it should be.

GOD almighty is the ultimate judge and you are not GOD and will never be.

Cheers ALL.

2 Likes

Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by enny09: 10:41pm On Jul 27, 2013
To learn more about eckankar go to www.eckankar.org, the only teaching that teach you why u should b in-charge of ur destiny and not to run to someone for help, but develop urself spiritually and help others awaken GOD conciousness, we are soul and must find our way back to GOD, which is the aim of our existence, and the only way is to give love without expecting anything in return.
Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by korexdodo(m): 12:31pm On Aug 08, 2013
I am highly dissapointed in you guys!!!. At this stage and age we still have people CONDEMING other peoples religion!
Tell me what is the difference between you guys and BOKO HARAM that has been condeming CHRISTIANITY!
Abeg make una grow up! Maturity is in the brain and not how old you are.
If you dont want to join ,them force you?
Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by wizman10: 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
zarah if you want to know the truth about Eckankar wheather its a cult or not, or if you want to meet a member of Eckankar call 08176387297
Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by Desric(m): 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ndipe: Jesus Christ is the Only Way to God Almighty. He Alone died and rose from the grave and resides forever and ever. The rest of the 'founders' of these groups all went the way of mortals and never came back. Read History and ask yourself this question, "Why has the Christian Religion persisted for the last 2 thousand years? Other groups, usually attain popularity but eventually, fade into sunset. Christianity has stood the test of time, Praise be to God in the Highest, Amen.
That's because Christianity is a very lucrative business of which if you can find a Church in the name of Jesus Christ then you can cajole people into turning you as a mini god and make you rich over night. Other organisations are not into massive. Evangelism(Campaign like) like Christianity. Take PDP in Nigeria for example why does people always run back to it no matter what, that's because with it, you are covered no matter who you are or the evil you commit. They control the sectors with their high hypocrisy and mediocrity. For more clarification, study the Bible very well and read Mathew 6:13-14~ Enter ye in at the strait gate: For wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it... Mind you in verse 13 Christ said 'many goes in thereat', but in 14 He said 'few there be that find it' meaning that it takes the grace and wisdom of God to find the way to life because it is strait and narrow with few followers... For clearance purposes more, read on to verse 15 to 23. I'll stop here for now, AMORC simply means Ancient Mystical Order Rocia Cruxy. And I make proud to say that if the teachings of these Organisations are the only ones we have in the world, like Michael Learns to Rock said in one of his songs " There 'll no fighting and no wars, there'll be lasting peace in all the earth'. I am happy our youths are now patient to learn from different ideas and perspectives of life, Nigerians are usually allergic to CHANGE, we only adopt a change when a new change has superseded it.
I will stop here for now and MAY THE BLESSINGS BE.
Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by marriedvirgin: 12:04am On Dec 19, 2013
kudjei: The funny thing is that most people see Amorc to be similar to Eckanker. Thats not true. If u study da teachings of Eck really well u will realise that its absolutely different from Amorc. Rosecrucians practice Astral projection and Eckist practice Soul travel. If any rosecrucian has doubt he should just try singing da HU. SOUL TRAVEL can take on different forms as its the expansion of awareness and not leaving the body. Soul is

Please share your experiences with me

everyone so it does not have to travel. Its the awareness that changes. Even this confuses newer members with soul travel its possible to go to a different dimention and spend what might seem like days whereas in actual fact u have not spent more than a micro second in our physical time. People should take advantage of thos forum to try new things for themselves. There are many eckist who in search of truth went through several paths to become Eckist.if u want to argue u will surelly have something wrong to say about it. its I think its up to da individual. The reason why I'm coming out this way is that there are people who come here and are interested in Eckankar but are scared it could be something else. I had da same problem when i was converting from Christianity to Eckankar. One of the things that made me interested in Eckankar is soul travel. Some people think u can go and spy on naked people and things like that. In Eckankar u always have the Mahanta with u and it cannot happen like that. If u want to go somewhere the Inner master will check to to see if its ok before u can go. Its been said in Christianity that by their fruits u shall know. If i want to tell u guys da experiences in Eck some of u might run away. too fantastic to be true. forget healing and stuff like that. Those are common things. They are like infants compared to what I have seen and heard in Eckankar. If anyone is interested in Eckankar he can let me know and I will help him overcome his fears by sharing loads of experiences with him. In Eck its all about Love. My Dad is a rosecrucian but cannot practice it in da house since he needs too many things for his experiments. He has started singing Hu with me since it can besang anywhere. Eckankar can help u do well in ur exams not by soul traveling to spy on da papers buy by understanding what u study. u can never do that in Eckankar. and if u try soo hard u may even stop having experiences for sometime.
May the blessings be.
Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by ubijakez: 10:33pm On Jun 28, 2014
As far as I am concern.....the bible says in 2thessolonians 2:9-12 all we need to know about different set of people and their fate
Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by ubijakez: 10:38pm On Jun 28, 2014
Religious confusion and its assorted contradictory doctrines prove that the
devil and his servants are effective deceivers (John 8:44). Since God is not
the author of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33), the many false doctrines
taught in various denominations today do not come from God. It is no
surprise that the same evil one who has been perverting and denying the
words of God since the Garden of Eden is still sowing seeds of deception.
He even finds pastors ready to serve as his accomplices in preying upon
weak little lambs (Acts 20:28-30).
But why would anyone allow himself to be deceived? Paul offers an
explanation of the motives for believing lies in 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12.
The people deceived by Satan's craftiness "did not receive the love of the
truth, that they might be saved." It is not sufficient to know the truth. We
must love the truth. There are many people who study the Bible for
curiosity, or vanity, or for academic reasons, but who do not approach the
Scriptures with the humility necessary to allow the Lord to change them
and mold their character. They don't love the truth, and are thus easy prey
for the devil.
Paul mentions one other factor: they "had pleasure in unrighteousness."
When a person wants to find an excuse to justify sin in his life, he will not
study the Bible with the honest and open heart necessary to understand it.
You can often hear this attitude in the comments of those who want to
defend their sinful practices: "Where in the Bible does it say that I
cannot . . . ?" The proper attitude is not defensive of evil, but asks: "What
does the Lord want me to do?" People who are determined to justify their
sins will not understand the truth. Their minds are carnal and incapable of
discerning the spiritual richness of God's message (1 Corinthians 2:14).
Why would anyone believe a lie? Because the truth often demands painful
transformations that most people are unwilling to make. The way of the
Lord is difficult and lonely, but it leads to eternal life (Matthew 7:13-14).

1 Like

Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by ese4god: 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2014
BTigress: Hello Everyone -

I just arrived here because the cult Eckankar was mentioned by someone, along with a few other cults.

I'm a former member of this cult, in America. I was a member for almost 15 years, but thanks to the internet, I found out the truth about it and got out. Now I "work" on the internet trying to help others to get out, or not join to begin with.

I'd like to learn more about the *facts* of e-kult's growing presence in Africa in general, and specifically, in Nigeria. When I was a member, I read in one of the cult books that over 10,000 Africans showed up for a cult seminar being held in a facility that was meant to hold only 5,000. I think this was back in the early 90's - and I don't know if the cult's "temple" in Isolo was built at that time. Even though I was a true-blue-believing member, I wondered about that statistic, and if perhaps it was being exaggerated. Especially after I had the opportunity to attend a big cult seminar here in the US and saw for myself that the people who were actually there were much less than the cult said were there!!

Now, the cult books tell stories about how e-kult is "taking over" Africa but they never mention a specific country, except once a member of the cult's "clergy" said that eckankar was almost the "official religion" of Nigeria. African "chelas" are frequently held up as shining examples for American eckists. There's another story written about how an African "high initiate" makes the "lowbies" study and memorize the "teachings" and learn them so well that they can spew a nice "propaganda" speech on any cult subject without even thinking about it!! This is a bit ironic when you consider that when former members point out all the "plagiarism" and other objectionable material in the cult's books and "secret" members-only discourses, cult officials will pull out an eckquote that says you can't find truth in books, the books aren't important, and what's important are the "inner" teachings.

Well, if there's no truth in books, including theirs, you'd think they wouldn't work so hard selling them, wouldn't you? Especially when you consider they "recycle" the same material, and most of it is simply repeats of the cult's "master's" seminar speeches. The same material, word for word, can be found in both the "public" books and the "secret" discourses.

And, the cult's "inner" is simply what results from the self-hypnotic "spiritual exercises" which, rather than connect one to God/Spirit (through the cult's leader - you can't connect without him! <>wink - members don't realize the "spex" are simply how the cult gets people to brainwash themselves!

I've been "speaking out" on the internet since '98, and over the years, I've heard from several African eckists who woke up and got out, and also from some concerned friends and family members. And just like the stories I've heard from all over the world, there are often cases of abusive and controlling "high initiates" which show absolutely *nothing* to do with love of God/Spirit/Whatever, but *everything* about how many cult leaders all over the world are more interested in personal power and profit than God/Spirit/Whatever, and they take advantage of naive and gullible people.

So, I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who knows anything first-hand about this cult in Nigeria specifically, or anywhere else in Africa.

I read the rules for this group and there was something about no "advertising" or something - so I'm not exactly sure if it's permissible to post a links where people can find out more about the "dark side" of this cult. So, if I'm out of line here - Moderator, feel free to remove any objectionable material from this post! Anyway, if anyone's interested, there's a short video about the cult at Google videos, shortcut URL: http:///hw7p7

It's bad enough in America, the way e-kult and so many other of these pseudo-spiritual "protection rackets" using lies and deception to suck people in - but it seems to me it's worse in places like Africa, where it might not be as easy for people to find good information to protect themselves.

The cult even officially admits that a big attraction for Africans is because there's a lot more superstition and belief in black magic, etc. And the way ekult gets people there is by its claims that the "Living ECK Master" is more powerful than African witch doctors, etc. They use that tactic on Americans, too, of course. The "teachings" are filled with horror stories about psychic invasions, and how black magicians can even kill you while you're sleeping, unless you have the "protection" of the LEM, and the official cult membership ID card!! <> There's one funny story the current LEM tells about a haunted European hotel where, even though he and his trusty band of "high initiates" spent the night battling those darned pesky witches & warlocks on the "inner planes" and trying to rescue the captured souls, the "vibes" were so bad they had to check out the next day!! Well, this is pretty funny because you'd think the "Master of the Universe" wouldn't known beforehand, and booked the seminar at a hotel that wasn't so haunted!! Plus, if he's so all-powerful, why did he have to check out?

I think perhaps many Africans are even less likely to ask questions than Americans, and it just makes me sad to think of so many innocent people getting sucked in, people who most likely aren't on the internet.

Well, I'd appreciate any help from anyone who might know a bit more about what's *really* going on with e-kult in Africa.

Thanks!!

Sharon

I'm just getting to know about this feltish Eckah stuff last two months. I'm realy very careful of my only collegue in the office now because he just joint the Eckah......... and was even so despirate to go deeper. I was very scared yesterday when he told me he's currently learning how to speak with the death and use his mind to get what he wants to make life easy. He even brought out some Cards today few hours ago, scattered it and said once he tapped his fingers with mind control, the cards with arranged themself accordingly, which actually happened in my very eyes (trying to convince me to join eckah for me to met my sales target as a marketer quickly inrrespective of the economic situation). Honestly, this is the first time in my life i'm seeing Magic real life. I have decided to be more prayerful especially now that i have realise that i'm with a devil in my office. He just join the Eckah religion two months ago and now acting so strange. I'm beginning to really hate him and i believe he heading for his distruction.

1 Like

Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by chieveboy(m): 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2014
@ese4god, am an eckist! Eckankar and Eckist do not as much as use prayer to change someone's bad character to good--that is a violation of spiritual law, and the God-given freedom of that person, plus that will be the use of white magic...we do not for any reason do magic--we make no distinction between white & black magic.
You want to cross-check your guy and find out what this 'eckah' he is into. Eckist are normal everyday people who work and pay their dues in society, and live much towards the fashion of the love of God. Thanks.
Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by justice999: 10:44pm On Aug 23, 2014
I find it intriguing that people can actually condemn something they know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about. In the end all evil comes from an inability to realize the divinity within, that is divine love within. Merely belonging to a religion no matter how presently touted will not confer this spirit of love. Jesus failed with the Jews of his time because the priestcraft (known as the Sanhedrin) at that time simply could neither understand nor appreciate his message of love. Another reason was that the religious leaders BENEFITED tremendously from the ignorance of the people and the message of Jesus was a threat to their office AND livelihood.

St. John did say that anyone who comes to know God finds that God is LOVE. So why are people unable to find God or make the Divine an everyday reality? The answer is simple. They do not know how. People have not been PROVIDED with the means to validate the words contained in the scriptures and hence, have no real spiritual experience to dispel the darkness of ignorance. Prayer and mere reading of scriptures is no substitute for actual spiritual experience. St. Paul told his followers to "prove all things and hold fast to that which is good." All true spiritual students know this to be true. Members of Eckankar are told the same thing: Never accept anything on trust, prove it for your self. The scriptures say you are a child of God? Prove it for your self. That there is reincarnation? prove it for your self? That God can guide you through your dreams? Prove it for yourself. That God's love is ALWAYS with you? And God speaks all the time? Prove it for your self. And you can visit the heavenly worlds while living? Prove it for your self! That love and love alone is the key to heaven? Prove it for yourself. That in the end we are all here as children of God to unfold and finally awaken to our divine nature and become conscious coworkers with God? Prove it for yourself!

The important difference between the teachings of Eckankar and most religions is that the means to prove the spiritual verities is placed in the hand of the individual. That key is the Spiritual exercises of ECK. These are simple easy-to-do exercises which help the individual to consciously experience the Light and Sound of God( commonly known as the Holy Spirit). This conscious experience with the Holy Spirit brings one to ALL TRUTH. Without this primal spiritual experience, NO SCRIPTURE REALLY MAKES ANY SENSE and this is responsible for the endless misinterpretations of scriptures that have led to some of the worst conflicts and bloodshed in human history. Anyone can practice these exercises whether they are members of Eckankar or not. Truth or the love of God is no religion's exclusive property. Only abysmal ignorance caused by a lack of spiritual experience will make anyone discriminate against another. Anyone who has had the means to rise above the human consciousness and experience himself as Soul, immediately realizes that ALL CREATURES are of God and exists because of God's undying love. And that the same Spirit of God which gives him life, is present in all things, giving life to all things. How can such a person desire to condemn or slay another? Yet Pope Innocent 111, in the 13th century said in his day "Anyone who undertakes to construe a personal view of God outside church dogma must be burned without pity". Of course the pope read the scriptures and prayed and fasted. But having no spiritual experience he had not tasted the sweet nectar of God's love and made numerous pronouncements sending innocent men and women to their horrible deaths.

This is not a criticism of christianity, just an example of how a lack of actual spiritual experience can cause a man to bring about the cruel deaths of many and in the name of one who came in the spirit of love and goodwill to all men. According to 2 Peter1:4, the goal of the christian is to become "partakers of the divine nature". How can you partake of a nature that you haven't experienced and hence no nothing about? Eckankar has taught me (and is still doing so) the means to connect with the ever present presence of God's love and lead my life according to the Divine Will. I am following this in the best possible way i can.

Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by GodLovesU: 8:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
I see this thread is old, but I just happen to come across it today. As a longtime member of Eckankar, my suggestion is for anyone who wants to know the truth to seek it out for themselves and not rely on third party accounts. That way your experience becomes your authority and no one can take that away from you.

My best.

2 Likes

Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by kattyagbagidi(f): 2:40pm On May 14, 2015
I am an Eckist a member of Eckankar and am proud of being an Eckist.

Now to all reading this post. The things of the holy spirit are not fought for rather it fight for it self, that is why I won't post much,
also if anyone want to stand against anything that person should be truthful because lying with spiritual matters will only cause problems for you just like when one lies about someone too.

To the OP, you know nothing about the religion Eckankar.

To know more about Eckankar, visit Eckankar official website on www.eckankar.org

You can call me on 08188149591.

Thanks all
Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 29, 2016
The purpose of Eckankar is to make God an everyday reality in your life.

As soul you have the God knowledge within you. The teachings of Eck will awaken the knowledge and love for the divine things that are already in your heart.

The road to God is the adventure of a lifetime.

With spiritual blessing.

2 Likes

Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by emcikay: 10:41am On Jul 03, 2016
The following are the basic beliefs of Eckankar: God: An impersonal, amoral, pantheistic spirit. Paul Twitchell (the founder) described God (“Sugmad”) in his book The Tiger’s Fang as ignorant, internally inconsistent, in need of wisdom and education, negative, unawakened, wondering, poor, unhappy, not content with his creation and in need of assistance. Twitchell also said, “You will never find God by searching for Him. He is here and now within you!” One can only wonder why anyone who sees God in this light would want to find Him in the first place.
Jesus Christ: Twitchell stated that “Kal [the devil] is the Jehovah of the Jewish faith and the Father of the Christian teachings. . . .Therefore, we really see Jesus as a son of Kal Niranjan, king of the lower worlds.” The fall, the second coming, heaven, and hell: All are Christian myths in the view of Eckankar.
There is nothing within Eckankar to provide guidance on moral issues such as abortion, sexuality, or other important issues. Determining what is “right” is left up to the individual. The spiritual practices of Eckankar involve trances, meditation, soul travel accompanied by “spirit guides” (demons), E.S.P., telepathy, mind reading, clairvoyance, and plugging into the “cosmic consciousness.” According to Eckankar, the human soul is on a spiritual journey to discover and improve the true self, thereby realizing its own true inner divinity. It is clear that Eckankar is a false religion created by Satan and steeped in Hinduism and other Eastern religions. Satan is our “adversary, the devil, [who] walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour” ( 1 Peter 5:8 ). When someone gets involved in any type of occult practice, he opens the door of his soul to the devil and his demons. This is why God is adamant in His Word about not involving ourselves in activities such as are promoted in Eckankar. “Let no one be found among you . . . who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord” ( Deuteronomy 18:10– 12a). Not only do such practices put us in danger of encountering demons, they are detestable to God because they replace worship of Him, the true and living God, with the worship of self. There is nothing new here. The New Age philosophy of Eckankar is nothing more than Hinduism in another package. Its real purpose is the exaltation of the self, the same old lie Satan has been propagating since the Garden of Eden when he tempted Adam and Eve by telling them, “You shall be as God” ( Genesis 3:5 )
Re: The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) by SexXation: 11:49pm On Oct 11, 2017
Please, Eckankar is not a cult, it is not a secret society or closed from the public. Worships take place openly and anyone is free to join or leave, there are no penalties watsoever. It is a RELIGION not a cult, please be properly informed and stop spreading falsehood.
I don't know wat kind of member u were, if at all u were ever a member, u clearly have no idea what Eckankar is all about. Do u even know it's core teaching The core teaching of Eckankar is love. LOVE, my friends, love the neighbor as u love yourself, love God and all God's creation.
Please before u take to the internet to condemn a person's religion, make sure you have the correct information. What you wrote and what you are doing is absolutely wrong my dear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“These Top Nigerian Pastors Are Candidates Of Hell Fire” – 7rys Old Girl. / Bishop Emmanuel Chukwuma Holds Church Service, Dares Government On Lockdown / Calabar Pastor’s Family Lived With Python For 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.