Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

A Sample Of My Latest Crime Story - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / A Sample Of My Latest Crime Story (1318 Views)

For Just One Crime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Sample Of My Latest Crime Story by ekusman(m): 11:34am On Sep 08, 2008
EXT ALONG A BUSY ROAD DAY

The environment looks untidy houses arranged carelessly, the gutter nearby smells as Ma A is seen occasionally closing her nose or spiting on the dirty floor some children are seen playing football Ma A approaches them immediately OTIKPO and KOBO emerge Men in their early twenties.

OTIKPO /KOBO

Ma A general!

They raise their hands in salute Ma A simple nods, ignoring them. Kobo looks disappointed while Ma A keeps moving

KOBO

Imagine this thing self, na we dey run things for this ghelto

Points to ma A , who keeps moving.

OTIKPO

You dey craze? What if she hear am.

Looking at kobo angrily

KOBO

Who bloody care weather she hear am, na we get paradise A o o o

OTIKPO MOVES AWAY ANGRY

EXT Ma A HOUSE DAY

A girl in her eighteen is seen sweeping the floor, she is Mata the expression on her face shows a girl who has seen tough times Ma A is seen approaching from her left hand side

Ma A O.S

Hey na now you dey sweep? Useless girl,

you no go kill me for dis house oh o o o.

Ma A now beside her Mata, moves back in fear. Ma A look at her angrily

MA A CONT

Goat, Ewu mme!!!

Mata nods her head as if in agreement and continues with her sweeping Ma A enters her half block and half plank house.

INT MA A ROOM DAY

A window is seen opened, the picture of Ma A is seen on the wall, a boy of fifteen is seen struggling to transfer the locally made radio outside through the window immediately MA A enters he jumps out through the window. MA A follows suit.

MA A O S

Come and steal your mother property thief onye oshi

Ma A comes inside through the window, immediately, Mata enters.

Ma A bounces on her and starts beating her

MA A CONTD

You arrange with your boyfriends

Make them come steal my radio eh-

Mata is seen crying.

EXT ALONG A BUSY ROAD DAY

Otikpo is seen carrying a bag running, a boy is seen running after him, Otikpo notices kobo afar off he throws the bag to him and disappears kobo holds it poise for action the boy running after Otikpo on noticing kobo takes another direction kobo watches him go.

KOBO

Come take am, power mike!

Kobo moves away still carrying the bag.

INT AN UNCOMPLETED BUILDING DAY

Some boys are seen smoking India hemps, Otikpo and Kobo enter ignoring them kobo sits turns to one of the boys who seems to get his message, the boy
Re: A Sample Of My Latest Crime Story by Seun(m): 11:37am On Sep 08, 2008
It is difficult to judge a story sample in isolation, with one exception:
you can judge the first 10 pages of a feature-length script.

(1) (Reply)

Post Your Christmas Poems Here / A Whisper In The Dark / My African Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.