Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Papper Soup - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Papper Soup (4383 Views)

How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / How To Cook Delicious Achi And Okazi Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Papper Soup by oluwawunmi(f): 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2008
please help with papper soup recipe
Re: Papper Soup by Richguys: 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2008
Abeg make una teach am hw to make Papper Soup oooooo?
Re: Papper Soup by AmakaOne(f): 4:17pm On Sep 09, 2008
Richguys:

Abeg make una teach am hw to make Papper Soup oooooo?

lol u no well grin

This is the most popular of all the Nigerian pepper soup variants and is known as nwo-nwo. It goes particularly well with beer and palm wine.
Ingredients:

1kg goat meat or mutton (cut with the bone)
1l water or stock
1 onion, chopped
75g Pepper Soup Spices
50g ground ata rodo
50g tatashe
50g ground crayfish
25g chopped wild mint (substitute watermint or garden mint)
25g chopped utazi leaves (substitute dandelion leaves, for their bitterness if u can't get utazi)
salt to taste

Method:

Wash and cut the meat into small pieces.
Add to a pan with some oil and fry until coloured.
Add a little stock and the onions and ground ata rodo & tatashe
Season with salt, bring to a boil and simmer for about 40 minutes, or until the meat is tender.
Add the pepper soup spices and the remaining stock and cook for a further 15 mnutes.
Add the crayfish, chopped mint and utazi (or dandelion) leaves and stir then allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve hot in soup bowls.

Re: Papper Soup by AmakaOne(f): 5:15pm On Sep 09, 2008
2 medium size fish (tilapia or catfish )

I lemon or lime

50g / 2oz peppersoup seasoning

50g / 2oz chopped chillies

100g / 4oz fresh shrimp

I litre / 2pints water or stock

25g / l oz chopped mint leaves

Clean the fish and slice.
Wash the fish thoroughly with lime or lemon to remove any slime
Season with salt
Pour the stock into a clean pot and add chopped onions chillies and peppersoup seasoning.
Bring to the boil and boil rapidly for 15 minutes to blend together the flavours.
Add the seasoned fish and peeled fresh shrimp and simmer gently for 20minutes.
Check seasoning and serve garnished with chopped mint leaves.
Re: Papper Soup by Richguys: 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2008
This Amaka sef 2 much grin
Re: Papper Soup by naijacutee(f): 9:29am On Sep 29, 2008
@ Amaka - Regards the goat meat peppersoup recipe, what's the traditional name for mint leaves? Wow - recipes are so variant - I didn't know you could use crayfish for peppersoup. Wouldn't the pieces float in the "water" seeing that peppersoup is usually quite thin? Sorry, I've just never tried using crayfish before. . .
Re: Papper Soup by akininNC(m): 2:31am On Sep 30, 2008
naijacutee:

@ Amaka - Regards the goat meat peppersoup recipe, what's the traditional name for mint leaves? Wow - recipes are so variant - I didn't know you could use crayfish for peppersoup. Wouldn't the pieces float in the "water" seeing that peppersoup is usually quite thin? Sorry, I've just never tried using crayfish before. . .

I think it says ground crayfish in the recipe so it just mixes with the broth. I have tried and it just adds another dimension to the flavour.
Re: Papper Soup by AmakaOne(f): 6:04pm On Oct 08, 2008
naijacutee:

@ Amaka - Regards the goat meat peppersoup recipe, what's the traditional name for mint leaves?

It's nchanwu/ Efinrin nla
Re: Papper Soup by MzErica(f): 9:23am On Sep 06, 2016
oluwawunmi:
please help with papper soup recipe
illiterate what is papper soup

(1) (Reply)

Have You Seen These Sexy Endtime Fruits? (pics.) / Your Worst Friuts / Best Smoothie Makers And Blenders In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.