Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,186 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. (3617 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Named UEFA's Best Player For 2013/2014 / Messi, Ronaldo & Ribery For UEFA Best Player Award 2012/2013 / Andres Iniesta 2012 UEFA Best Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by Akolawole(m): 1:53am On Jul 05, 2006
I have noticed in the last few years that in the World cup year, whoever won Best Player the Tournament goes ahead to win Overall best Player in the world.

With Ronadinho relaxing in Brazil and Ballack licking his wound in home soil, i think Henry can steal the show once and for all.

Honestly, he has not play well yet but he has three goals already.

He had a wonderful season with Arsenal unlike Zidane. Premiership highest goal scorer, UEFA Cup finalist.

Thiery, This is the time to steal the show.

Scored two goal and knocked out stubborn Portugal later today may move you nearer to the award.

Did you agree with me?

Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by diddy4(m): 2:16am On Jul 05, 2006
henry all the way. he is winning it.
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by Kadeejah(f): 4:42am On Jul 05, 2006
henry is hotttttt kiss kiss tongue tongue tongue
*sorry that had nufin 2 do wit the topic embarassed*
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by soccerchic(f): 6:19am On Jul 05, 2006
since u all taking about my boo AKA Thiery Henry, aha, i had to say something, of course Henry is not only fineee but he is also one of the greatest soccer players of our time ( In my opinion )

Ps, yes, i will marry u Henry, 4 the million time cheesy
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by salehm(m): 10:03am On Jul 05, 2006
Well i think this is Thierry's last chance.Though he has not performed up to expectations but at least he has Scored three goals.With Gaucho's inability to perform this year i think Thierry Should sit up.At least he has Two more matches to play in the world cup(If this Rugby players Portuguese) do not Injure him today lipsrsealed

Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by Akolawole(m): 11:32am On Jul 05, 2006
This is not to a thread to praise Henry but to examine his chance.
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by mukina2: 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2006
henry will score more goals so that he wud take the highest goal scorer and he must also play well.i know he can do it and he will surely do it
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by kitaun(m): 4:42pm On Jul 05, 2006
henry has 2 games to go at the mundial,
he cld still outscore klose by scoring 3 goals,considering that klose is locked out against germany
i will however give the best player to zizou cos he has been truly phenomenal that even french haters adore him
point of correction too,oliver kahn was mvp at the last mundial but by virtue of ronaldo coming from obscurity to emerge highest goalscorer he became the world footballer for 2002
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by Grizzly(m): 1:38am On Jul 06, 2006
What the hell is henry doing near that cup?! angry
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by jagenne(m): 8:57am On Jul 06, 2006
Zinedine Zidane and Cristiano Ronaldo has got a better chance of winning this award than Teary Henry.
He made the most of Carvalho's tackle with a theatrical dive. Henry is a cheating bastard.

France just did enough to win the Portugese with a very debatable penalty call.
Cristiano Ronaldo played his hearts out and i think Figo should have scored Ronaldo's free-kick rebound.
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by lordimpaq(m): 9:01am On Jul 06, 2006
i doubt it, he cannot win it, am a gunner, but he's not gonna win it, he has not been so spectacular in the world cup, if he had been we can say he may,

but except he does something wonderful on sunday against italy like score a hatrick and become top scorer in the world cup then he'll win it,
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by jagenne(m): 9:26am On Jul 06, 2006
So u agree with the few of us that think Henry has not been the ball of fire he is at the Premiership?

I am going to bestow a knighthood on u for ur honesty.
Imagine how peaceful NL will be if every gooner reasons like u do.

Sir Lordi, I doff my hat for u.
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by lordimpaq(m): 9:30am On Jul 06, 2006
thanx jagenne, i appreciate your gesture, its very kind of you, bless u.
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by shyamjadu: 9:34am On Jul 06, 2006
whart is your name. grin
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by hucarson(m): 9:38am On Jul 06, 2006
@ jagenne,

I have always known Lordi to be very objective.
Go n check all his previous posts and u will stare in disbelief with the difference between him and other gooners.
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by under18(f): 11:14am On Jul 06, 2006
Then that Lordimpact has a problem.
If you claim he is a fan and he posts everything neutral he is lost.
he does not know where between maN U and Arsenal.
please declare you candidature man! Such people make many get lost on forum

Are you looking for marks from your fellow men?
Henry is the best you hear tho he has not played very well in WC.
thats not a reason as a fan to disgrace him here.
i feel insulted
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by damission(m): 11:29am On Jul 06, 2006
[
hey wetin u mean whois henry and again wat do u see him doin in the world cup ,or can't u imagine that old man zidane playin more better than henry i beg henry gat to go for more work and skill,he doesnot worth it and dat's all
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by Jackal(m): 11:33am On Jul 06, 2006
Don't criticise under18.
As u can see, she's new in the game and she is just learning.
She defected from Man Utd to Arsenal because her new boy/friend supports Arsenal.
I expect her to join Chelsea soon when she dumps her present date. grin
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by lordimpaq(m): 11:57am On Jul 06, 2006
@under 18

i think you are justifying the under -18 status, by making such comments,

it has shown that you just watch a football match and watch out for two things
1. who scored
2. who won

As far as i am concerned, one should not be too sentimental about the team he/she supports.

i've been a gunner since the days of ian wright in 1996, so wats ur point, i've seen the gunners lose, i've seen the gunners win, and i've tasted the agony of the mockery of manutd fans, chelsea fans, barca fans and galatasaray temporary fans during the UEFA cup final,

if you are goin to feel insulted with wat i've said, then go suck on a straw for all i care, you are just one of dem gunners who don't respect other people and have themselves in mind, for their own selfish content, not all team wins, not all best players play their best, and above all not all arsenal supporters are supporters, i'm referring to u sub -18,

if you cannot respect other teams then, i'm sorry for u cos u are in for it,

so stop makin such comments, u just stepped on my toes and u r gonna pay for it,
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by lordimpaq(m): 11:59am On Jul 06, 2006
@under 18

i think you are justifying the under -18 status, by making such comments,

it has shown that you just watch a football match and watch out for two things
1. who scored
2. who won

As far as i am concerned, one should not be too sentimental about the team he/she supports.

i've been a gunner since the days of ian wright in 1996, so wats ur point, i've seen the gunners lose, i've seen the gunners win, and i've tasted the agony of the mockery of manutd fans, chelsea fans, barca fans and galatasaray temporary fans during the UEFA cup final,

if you are goin to feel insulted with wat i've said, then go suck on a straw for all i care, you are just one of dem gunners who don't respect other people and have themselves in mind, for their own selfish content, not all team wins, not all best players play their best, and above all not all arsenal supporters are supporters, .i'm referring to u sub -18.,

if you cannot respect other teams then, i'm sorry for u cos u are in for it,

so stop makin such comments, u just stepped on my toes and u r gonna pay for it,
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by under18(f): 12:06pm On Jul 06, 2006
Now btn da mison and I who is new?
Jackal am not coming back to man U.
I have seen you want to write letters to my convertors like priscila& Bagom but am sure they will not join you.
with what i see them writing they will not.
I said henry has been low in WC but he is better than many like Rooney and others.
three goals he has on his belt.
what do you want from him?

He is still our world top despite all odds
Lord thanks for that history
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by Akolawole(m): 12:06pm On Jul 06, 2006
under18:

Then that Lordimpact has a problem.
If you claim he is a fan and he posts everything neutral he is lost.
thats not a reason as a fan to disgrace him here.
i feel insulted

You are new here, so softly softly.

Lordi is an exceptional guy, only 2 of those Nairaland gunners are like that. Very frank and honest.

I know the characters of all Gunners round the world(note: over 95% of my close friend are Gunners), they treat their team and players as demi-gods, untouchable.

I am a Chelsea fan but i call Lampard's performance in the World cup as rubbish even with his MOTM award in the first game and over 21 shots at goal.
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by under18(f): 12:13pm On Jul 06, 2006
Because it henry you all come out with excuses to call him all names.
anyway i read lordis previous posts and I ll say he is Arsenal but not a die hard.

if you have a kid with one eye you wont be proud? I dont mean henry but its like everyone is a gold digger on this post.
Talk about Rooney red card and fans want to stranhgle you
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by loyika(m): 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2006
I have watched with great interest over a preriod of 2 months this GREAT debate on T Henry, on this forum. Taking into consideration the rivalry btw supports of English Prem clubs on most boards and Blogs, it comes as no surprise to me that there wld be so much disagreement on what people think of teams (both club and National levels) and individual players.

I have been an ARSENAL supporter for 17 good years before the Wenger Era of players so i am not sure whether people see me as objective or biased, i would like to think the earlier.

Now there was a certain relatively unknown player that had the potential to be the best forward having a torrid time at the old lady of turin ( who wouldn't, I mean even Pessotto tried to commit sucide cheesy) and Arsene brought him to Arsenal to partner Anelka, but Anelka jumped ship before time (last time i checked he is still doing that).

Now this certain player who took time to settle into the English game (which foreign player didn't at first? well Reyes but i guess he has become more regressive!!), but once he had found his footing, he grew up to epitomise the best of what we see about the British game, and became a Phenominal player, and when his career is over, the best player ever to have worn an Arsenal jersey. And yes he will win the Fifa player of the year before his career is over [i][/i]( damn i can see some people pre ordering their coffins and grave plots just in case that happens!!)

But somehow many people have bregrudged him his success, for example ____________ ( pls put your name here if you fall under this category) and many other just hate the man, but cover it up with fancy intelligence of football knowledge, for example____________ (Pls put your name here if you fall under this category).

Well whether you love him or loathe him, you can not deny him his place in football history, and like i have said on many sites, this is a player that even the best players in the world recognise as one of the best so, generally i don't think football fans give a shit what some of you hate mongers think of him, all players have their short comings.

I ask you where were the following so called great players at this WC: Sheva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Frank Lampard, Stevie Gerrad, Ruud The man, Adriano, and so on. What people with their so called footballing intelligence fail to realise is that, just by hating a player and going to bed every night wishing the player evil, does not change the greatness of that player ( As a particular song in naija goes "Thank God! God no be man!!"wink. I really loathe Man U, but i adore players like Keano, Giggsy, and Cantona, pre tell with all his magic did Oh Ah Cantona really do much for France, Nope!! so i guess he is a useless player as well eh!! Or my hatred for Chelski, but adoration of players like Hoddle, Jimmy FH, and the little genius Zola, but i guess since he really didn't do much for Italy as well he is a shite player, oh well!!

Well what i feel is that all players in their own right have something to offer a game whether its against West Brom or the might Brazil, oh and i guess from following this topic these are all small teams, Real Madrid, Man U, Chelsea, Juve, Inter M, Bayern M, Liverpool and so on since Th14 has scored against them one time or the other.

Anyway this is a forum and every one is entitled to an opinion, after all, we are all in a democracy, unless you live in North korea or you work with AIT!? cheesy.

And on a final note if Th14 is a diver and cheat then i Guess Stevie G, Arjen Robben, in short the whole Chelsea squad, half the Portugese squad and all the Argies are bloody fairies, Not condoning what he did, even if i feel it was a blatant foul, i hate that Puyol anyway!! (i really felt he TH!4 that is should have been given a card after the game by Fifa, following video evidence, but i guess shit happens!!).

But like you all on thissite fail to realise, He is human, Even Maradona who is the greatest footballer to have ever played the beautiful game,yes even better than Pele,was a f@#king cheat and bully, but the funny thing is thats what makes him a great player and legend, and well i guess he has never denied it sha.

Ranting over, will go back into hiding for another 2 months ( well till Mr Huc or Jackal post about a hunderd more intelligent football knowledge from their data bank of football wisdom, so the count is on grin)
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by c0dec(m): 1:59pm On Jul 06, 2006
forza juve! grin
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by lordimpaq(m): 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2006
@codec

runnaway capello, u should be ashamed of your self,

@under - 18

i don't have to be die hard fan to become an arsenal fan,

and i am not a die hard fan, i prefer to be called just an arsenal fan,

there are two types of fans

a fan and a fanatic,

a fan loves the game loves the players, criticizes his own players,

a fanatic just doesn't care how they play, a fanatic doesn't have respect for other teams, , they are the ones that taunt without sense,
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by under18(f): 4:20pm On Jul 06, 2006
lordimpac!
I dont need scientists to know you are a fan of football not arsenal.
I have not read any post by arsenal fans taunting anyone without reason.
you want to play good-behaving like you fancy all teams? Good for you
Look for a job in fifa they are the only neutral people.
Leave my name a lone please. wats wrong?
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by under18(f): 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2006
If you were the true character you want to portray here
you would not be carrying my name all along.You are the fanatic of football as you said
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by Akolawole(m): 6:44pm On Jul 06, 2006
lordimpaq:

i don't have to be die hard fan to become an arsenal fan,

and i am not a die hard fan, i prefer to be called just an arsenal fan,

there are two types of fans

a fan and a fanatic,

a fan loves the game loves the players, criticizes his own players,

a fanatic just doesn't care how they play, a fanatic doesn't have respect for other teams, , they are the ones that taunt without sense,

What a comment!

I will be quoting this everywhere grin
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by mukina2: 7:17pm On Jul 06, 2006
@under18
girl if u were arguin wit hucs or any of the others i wud av understood but you chose the wrong guy to argue wit angry angry
even Prissy or Bagoma will not support you,ur argument is baseless.
u just joined gunners dont start makin war wit fellow gunners pls u'll av to shrug off that man u attitiue b4 u start anuther crazy war pls angry angry
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by Jackal(m): 8:52am On Jul 07, 2006
@ Mukina2,
What do u mean by Man U attitude?
How long will it take ur greasy head to understand u are now a Red Devil?
I am gon' let this pass but if u blaspheme again i will deal with u ruthlessly.

Have u gotten ur new Man U jersey(AIG-sponsored)?
Other Kits will follow suit.
Read everything u can about the club and forget about ever being a goooner.
U copy?
Re: Henry's Last Chance To Become World Best Player. by under18(f): 11:38am On Jul 07, 2006
I am not arguing with that man at all he just loves to taunt me.
Anyway I can only point out my players but not criticise as said.

Its true that its Henry's chance to be the best player

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Carling Cup 3rd Round : Chelsea (1) Vs Queen Park Rangers (0) ,23rd September, / Who Will Be The Next King Of Real Madrid? Cr7 Or Kaka? / Does 'Home Advantage' Exist In Football?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.